Poison Resistance Mod

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hi

I update manually TobEx from 0021 to 0025 version and for now all works fine, but I noticed the following message in "TobEx.txt":

DETOUR_CEffectPoisonResistMod::DETOUR_ApplyEffect(): invalid effect.nParam2 (78)

What means that? Is there something wrong?

Note: The game not crash to desktop when I'm playing.
Note2: When I set "0" to "Poison Resistance Mod" in TobExCore no longer appears the message!

Thanks!

Edited by ilot, 04 December 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

The cause can be traced to an item one of your guys are wearing :D

You'll probably have to check all of your equipped items (all 6 of your party members) in NI to see whether any of them have a Poison Resist Bonus Ability with the Unknown value (below Amount) set to 4E 00 00 00 (that's the 78 that the error shows :P)

To fix it, change the value to 00 00 00 00 (to set resistance to the amount) or 01 00 00 00 (to add the amount to resistance) ;)

On a related note, the Poison Resist Mod works nicely in my game! Thank you ^_^

Edited by Lollorian, 04 December 2012 - 02:40 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

HI Lol!!! :)

I found the item "culprit" (cmamul02.itm), I think, because when Nalia or my main charachter (a theft!!!) wear it I get the message in tobex.txt but I noticed that the item haven't a "Poison Resist Bonus Ability"!!!!

(besides the item no have its resistance magic bonus as description, it was noticed by Beleg33, If I not wrong)

Here is my item:

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 04 December 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

You mentioned CMAMUL02.ITM as the cause, but attached CMAMUL01.ITM :P I checked the CMAMUL02 in my game and it doesn't produce these messages :( The culprit is probably something else? :unsure:

There does exist a bug in CMAMUL02 though, its Magic Resist Bonus effect has Modifier 2 (Unknown) so it doesn't have any effect :lol: Change it to 0 (Increment)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Pardon for the wrong item in annex... :doh:

It's strange, because any time that I wear that item (Ulcaster's amulet) I get the message.....
Can you give me your amulet02.itm? Pheraps it'll work fine :)

What I can do? :crying:

Edit: I noticed that SHLD31.ITM (Dark Steel Shield) give me the same message!!
Are there any others item for to test my game about "poison resistance"???

PS: for test the items I summoned them using "CLUAConsole"!!!

Edit2: I'm worried :crying: because I enabled all "Debug" options in TobExCore and I get messages as "Could Not Find Resource: BISLOGO.2DA"; "Could Not Find Resource: A!CH12.SPL" and so on...For the records I attached my TobEx.log if anyone can clarify me what mean....

Here is my amulet2.itm , SHLD31.ITM and TobEx.log

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 05 December 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#6 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

i too have this message from the very start of the game ... so nobody is even wearing anything.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Guess I'm the lucky one here then? :lol: Here's my amulet and shield for you to check... descriptions will probably get wonky btw, nothing NI can't fix though :)

Now joshuar's problem though... I guess A64's the dude to answer that :P

Attached Files

#8 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hey, I found where is the problem!!! ^_^

The cause is not the items but THE AREAS, because the messages appears, for example, when I'm in the AR0406 (Copper coronet) but I loaded an old game in area: ARD014, and I've no get the message DETOUR_CEffectPoisonResistMod::DETOUR_ApplyEffect(): invalid effect.nParam2 (78)

Thank you Lollorian and joshuar9476

Edited by ilot, 06 December 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

That would suggest some NPC in that has some item equipped that's causing this :P

Seeing that the param2 value is 78, can you try something?

1. Change the Unknown value (below amount) for SHLD31.ITM's Poison Resist Bonus thing to 4E 00 00 00 (make sure to hit the update button on the right of the text box)
2. With the unknwon field selected, click the "Find" -> Selected attribute button in the bottom
3. Check which item has that value other than SHLD31.ITM and report :) (chances are that's the culprit, so change them to 01 00 00 00 to fix it - only for Posion resist bonus effects though, not anything else :P)

PS: I did this on my game and saw that the lots of items, including ring of Gaxx has param2 set to 78 for poison resist effects :P You have some work to debug this ilot-san :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 06 December 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Try this thing btw :)

Should intelligently change the way poison resist applies via items and work nicely if ToBEx is used, sets for values >= 100 or increments for values < 100 :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 06 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#11 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Should intelligently change the way poison resist applies via items and work nicely if ToBEx is used, sets for values >= 100 or increments for values < 100 :cheers:

thanks ... that fixed it on my end.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#12 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

I checked items that has value 4e 00 00 00 h (SHLD31.ITM seems to have the correct parameter!!) and here is the results (I attached my save game too if you want to take a look!!!)

Is possible that in the Copper Coronet (AR0406) there are some items spread in the area that has "param2 set to 78 for poison resist effects"??

EDIT: In the other area (AR3597 - Ranch Neng Horse) and the same party, and the same items I not get poison resistance message, I think the "problem" is the area, evidently in the AR0406 there is the "culprit"!!! :). Can you go in the Copper Coronet in your game and to see if you too get the message??? :)

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 07 December 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Um, ilot, have you tried out the mini-mod I attached a few posts above? :P

PS: Yes, AR0406 gives me the same error log but it's gone if I install that :) (better than trying to find which NPC has the item equipped eh? :D)

#14 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Um, ilot, have you tried out the mini-mod I attached a few posts above? :P

PS: Yes, AR0406 gives me the same error log but it's gone if I install that :) (better than trying to find which NPC has the item equipped eh? :D)

Yes is better install your mini-mod. :new_thumbs:
Thank you Lollorian-san. :D

Edited by ilot, 10 December 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#15 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Thanks for that Lollorian, it fixed it for me too. :)

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Would be worthwhile if one of you supplied the debug file for Lollorian's fix so I can determine which specific files are affected by this issue.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#17 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

There you go.Attached File  SETUP-POISON_EFFECT_SUPPLEMENT.DEBUG   75.06K   534 downloads

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

And mine :)

Attached Files

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Thanks muchly.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#20 -DarKelP-

-DarKelP-

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thanks!! :)

I have the same problem (with Big World Setup - Tactic compilation), when Ring of Gaxx is equipped, I am not immune to poison, and in TobEx Console the following message appears:

"DETOUR_CEffectPoisonResistMod::DETOUR_ApplyEffect(): invalid effect.nParam2 (78)"

But with your patch, all works perfect now.