Photo

[MOD] BG:EE Classic Movies

BGEE Movies WebM

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 -NooberJR-

-NooberJR-

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

I've looked everywhere I can think of in the forums to try and find why I keep getting this. I'm still just learning how to add mods and have a stable game. I get the feeling there's something really basic I'm overlooking but I simply have no idea what it is. Any help as to whats going on here?

[C:\Faerun\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Setup-BGEEClassicMovies.exe] WeiDU v
ersion 24000

Choose your language:
 0 [English]
 1 [Polski (Polish)]
Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o
n

Install Component [Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Replace all movies
 2] Add missing movies

Installing [Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies] [v1.00]
Creating 1 directory
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Creating 1 directory
Creating 1 directory
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: No translation provided for @7
ERROR: [movidesc.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies], rolling ba
ck to previous state
Will uninstall  38 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 0.
Uninstalled     38 files for [BGEECLASSICMOVIES/SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2] com
ponent 0.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BGEECLASSICMOVIES.DEBUG to Sam.
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
 1] Replace all movies
 2] Add missing movies

#62 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

I've looked everywhere I can think of in the forums to try and find why I keep getting this. I'm still just learning how to add mods and have a stable game. I get the feeling there's something really basic I'm overlooking but I simply have no idea what it is. Any help as to whats going on here?

Spoiler

Oh my, looks like something went wrong with the upload to GitHub...  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  I have (hopefully) uploaded a fixed version: V1.01.  Please give it a try and report back :) .  Thank you for the report!

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#63 zaghoul

zaghoul
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

I noticed that when the replace all movies option is used, it seems to have an effect when moving from BG to SoD. The old end movie plays fine. We then get the cut to the opening dungeon in SoD. The old end movie from BG plays again. The end results seems to be that characters that died in the last battle with Saervok and dropped their items, do not have their items transferred to the floor in the SoD opening dungeon as usual.

#64 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I noticed that when the replace all movies option is used, it seems to have an effect when moving from BG to SoD. The old end movie plays fine. We then get the cut to the opening dungeon in SoD. The old end movie from BG plays again. The end results seems to be that characters that died in the last battle with Saervok and dropped their items, do not have their items transferred to the floor in the SoD opening dungeon as usual.

I am unable to reproduce this in SoD.  (Are you playing EET, and if so what version?)  Further, BG:EE Classic Movies doesn't change anything that would affect the mechanics of the BG->SoD transition, so I really don't think this mod is to blame.  You could try running a change-log on AR0125.BCS and BDSODTRN.BCS to see what has changed them.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#65 zaghoul

zaghoul
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

This was BGEEV2.3SoD Beamdog direct. Not sure how to go about the changelog you mentioned but will switch back to ' only replace missing movies' as that never caused a problem. It may have been another mod but will check. Thanks. :)

#66 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

Not sure how to go about the changelog
How to: --change-log is an okay tutorial, but you should use a more recent version of WeiDU.

Version 1.10: on GitHub
  • Added Spanish translation and Spanish dubbed movies (thanks to Unknow_error).

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#67 jaydee2k

jaydee2k
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for your work this is awesome. I uploaded the german movies for you...

#68 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:43 AM

If possible, I need a translation for this additional line in German, Spanish, and Polish:

@16   = ~Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens~

Translations of the TRA into any other languages (plus the line above) are welcome.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#69 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

BG:EE Classic Movies V2.1.0 on GitHub Readme
Changes since last Release:
  • [By popular demand...] Added component to Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens.  It supports BGEE and SoD themes.
  • Added German localization and translation (thanks to jaydee2k)

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#70 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hey Sam, would you consider adding compatibility for Lefreut's UI mod to "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens"? If it detected Lefreut's work, the location and formatting of the pictures would adjust.

#71 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:30 PM

hey Sam,

how is the classic adventure mod in your signature? I'm curious.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#72 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

Hey Sam, would you consider adding compatibility for Lefreut's UI mod to "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens"? If it detected Lefreut's work, the location and formatting of the pictures would adjust.

I'm looking into it, but I've never used this mod so it might take me a minute to see what's involved.  What do you mean by "location and formatting"?  I'm just replacing the images with alternate, equally sized versions.  Surely any location or formatting would be handled by the UI mod?

hey Sam,

how is the classic adventure mod in your signature? I'm curious.

It is a total conversion, meaning it is a different game unto itself and completely outside of the Bhaalspawn story-line.  In fact it takes place in a completely different part of Faerun.  I am fairly confident in saying Classic Adventures is perhaps one of the largest IE mods ever made, and truth be told only about 50% of the original vision for the mod has been completed (although what is there is quite playable and complete).  It is only compatible with the classic game engine, not EE, so if that isn't a deal breaker I strongly recommend giving it a try.  Be warned, tho, that it is no longer actively developed or supported.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#73 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Done (hopefully...).  See Version 2.2.0.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#74 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

Done (hopefully...).  See Version 2.2.0.
Thank you! And sorry about the initially vague wording - glad we talked on the other forum.

#75 blueskin1978

blueskin1978
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Hi Sam.

Thanks for the great work. I love the old movies and dream/chapter screens, they give BGEE that old skool feel. Being an old fart I try to get BGEE as close to vanilla as I can.

However: I think this mod is incompatible with "LeUI-BG1EE-master" mod. LeFreut's UI but his BG1 style variant.

More specifically the "restore BG1 chapter and Dream Screens" part. No errors during installation of either mod, it's just that the vanilla dream/chapter screens are ignored and new style ones are displayed.

Movies are replaced used just fine ingame, and the vanilla ones are displayed.

I tested some things and this happens even with only the core component of the UI mod. As soons as I uninstall it, vanilla movies are fine. I've used the latest version (BG1 style). 

A clean, fresh install of BGEE with only BGEE-Classic-Movies-2.2.0 installed gives vanilla movie and vanilla prologue screen sunglasses.png 
Now installed LeUI-BG1EE-master core component only on top of that and I get vanilla movie but BGEE prologue screen cry.png

Swapping installation order, as LeFreut recommended, did not solve the issue.

I started a new game each time, no saves loaded. Also deleted the profile folder in My Documents as test but that made no difference

I've asked him to look into it and he did but doesn't seem to recognize my issues.
Could you look into this?

Edited by blueskin1978, 15 January 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#76 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Hi Sam.

Thanks for the great work. I love the old movies and dream/chapter screens, they give BGEE that old skool feel. Being an old fart I try to get BGEE as close to vanilla as I can.

However: I think this mod is incompatible with "LeUI-BG1EE-master" mod. LeFreut's UI but his BG1 style variant.

More specifically the "restore BG1 chapter and Dream Screens" part. No errors during installation of either mod, it's just that the vanilla dream/chapter screens are ignored and new style ones are displayed.

Movies are replaced used just fine ingame, and the vanilla ones are displayed.

I tested some things and this happens even with only the core component of the UI mod. As soons as I uninstall it, vanilla movies are fine. I've used the latest version (BG1 style). 

A clean, fresh install of BGEE with only BGEE-Classic-Movies-2.2.0 installed gives vanilla movie and vanilla prologue screen sunglasses.png 
Now installed LeUI-BG1EE-master core component only on top of that and I get vanilla movie but BGEE prologue screen cry.png

Swapping installation order, as LeFreut recommended, did not solve the issue.

I started a new game each time, no saves loaded. Also deleted the profile folder in My Documents as test but that made no difference

I've asked him to look into it and he did but doesn't seem to recognize my issues.
Could you look into this?

For clarity, are you playing BGEE or SoD?  Also, which theme are you attempting to use?  This mod currently supports (or attempts to support) the BGEE and the SoD themes, although I have provided the raw images on the forums so that anyone wishing to implement custom GUI themes may make use of the classic dream/chapter screens.  Without a detailed understanding of the incompatibility, I'm unsure how to resolve it.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#77 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

Testers wanted!

The latest commit on GitHub [direct download link] (NOT the latest release) should fix the above issue as well as:

• Reduce PVRZ page usage
  • Provide better support for LeUI-BG1EE theme (fixes the above mentioned issue)
  • Support LeUI-SoD theme
  • Support LeUI theme
  • Support EET (these restored movies are higher quality than come with EET)
  • Support EET's SoD theme
  • Support Project Infinity (PI)

This means that I could use help testing BGEE, SoD, and EET with the default theme as well as with the LeUI-BG1EE, LeUI-SoD, and LeUI themes.  Plus the SoD theme in EET (installable via EET_gui.exe).  This pertains mostly to the "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens" component, but feel free to also test the other components (especially in EET).  BG:EE Classic Movies should be installed AFTER any of these other mods.

The updated Readme is here.  All comments, recommendations, bug reports, feedback, etc. are welcome.

I considered preemptively supporting IWD-IN-EET's IWDEE theme, or LeUI-IWDEE theme, but as neither are currently available for these games, I had no template to use to ensure forward compatibility (IWDEE's chapter screens don't quite work the same way as the other games).  If there are other themes out there people would like this mod to be compatible with, speak up sooner rather than later while I'm still in the mindset of this project.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#78 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:59 AM

Our tester checked the work of the updated version in EET, no problems were found, everything is OK

#79 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:40 PM

Our tester checked the work of the updated version in EET, no problems were found, everything is OK

Thank you for testing and reporting back.

--------------------

CA Forums CA Homepage

#80 -Arthas-

-Arthas-

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:58 AM

So, can we use this with 2.5 / 2.6 BG:EE

Does this include "Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens" mentioned in your last post?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BGEE, Movies, WebM