Photo

BP Series Party AI Scripts for BG:EE (non-weidu)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

I picked up the game last night, and I got to work right away. While I intend on playing it some time soon, that's not what I bought it for. While we wait for the weidu version to come out and all the trimmings that allows us, I made you all a set of Party AI scripts. These work in a vanilla (or probably a modded) installation of BG:EE. They'd work just as well in BG2:ToB, but the dialog strings would be way off in many cases.

As I did not add or alter ANY in-game files in the making of these, there are some limitations. First, I had to choose the best of what was available in the existing dialog.tlk for the numerous Strings displayed on-screen. Some are a bit funky, as you can imagine.

We also lost one of the long-available custom hotkeys (L). L now loads your Last Save game. Be careful with that one, boys and girls! I lost some serious game progress while testing these scripts before I discovered it the hard way.

The worst hit we take (by far) however, is not the silly strings. By having to use the vanilla Identifier files (IDS), we lost a whole lot of intelligence from the classic BP series. I had to revert to how things were done before Detectable Stats was developed and refined to its modern state. Lots of timers, and very little detection on anybody except yourself. It was disappointing not the see these types of "enhancements" in the new build, but it is what it is.

No matter the case, I'm sure you'll find these a LOT more useful than the default AI. It only took me a couple battles w/ the defaults before I stopped playing and wrote these scripts instead. Instructions are in the zip archive read me.

And without further adieu, here's the files:

Current version:
Attached File  BP Series v 0.0004.zip   665.36K   1731 downloads

Legacy versions:
Attached File  BP Series v 0.0003.zip   652.37K   428 downloads

(Please make any comments or suggestions in the Feedback thread.)

Edited by horred the plague, 09 December 2012 - 06:45 PM.