Photo

BP Series for BGEE, BG2 and BG2EE

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#161 -Joshua-

-Joshua-

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm playing BG2EE and this mod's AI(s) worked for me perfectly up until a while ago. Now the buff modes seem to be messed up, which really sucks...

If I load one of my old save games then the buffs (long, med, short) work.  Eg: Vic will cast all her buffs. The latest save games (which is where I am) don't for some strange reason. All that my mages do now is cast stone skin, regardless of the buff mode they are in (after resting every time).

Is this a known issue? I have quite a few mods on, but as it works in the old saves I don't think that there is a conflict... Prior to this they worked perfectly, but I don't feel like loading up a really old save game and trudging through millions of things I've already killed.

Any suggestions?

#162 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hmm, I saw it once myself, exactly what you described. Only happens in an recent save game with a slightly newer version of the mod. It won't happen in a new game, w/ the latest version. Or, hopefully, in the one I'll be releasing soon.

I know something to check, if you know how to edit a save game (GAM file). Look for a global named CALLED in the long list, and if it's set to a value of 1 then change it to zero. Some things in the 'call party to enemy' system did change recently, and one of the systems it affected was buffs. I had this happen in one of my old saves, and that's how I fixed it.

Or, use the Cheat console to SetGlobal("CALLED","GLOBAL",0) and see if that helps you.

#163 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Translators:

Sorry, I added one (1) more string to the file. It's because I figured out a way to honor another request, for a "clean and simple" weapon switching mode. If the nearest enemy is 6 ticks away (w/in 2 handed sword range), or the Second nearest w/in 8, you always switch to melee weapon. If the above is not true, you always switch to a ranged weapon. No calculations for preference, class, protection buffs (or weighted random chances) like the Intuitive mode. Only things that can override it are special cases like Fire Shield, Blade Barrier or Protection / Missiles. It's called Weapon Switching -- Absolute Mode, and on the same overcrowded toggle w/ the other styles (hotkey K). This one I put right behind the Off switch, so you can easily override it in the thicket of battle and set what you like.

I just finished coding it, still need to test it out. Just wanted to post the string addition ASAP. Not planning any others  I didn't plan this one, but saw the opening and seized it.

@3214 = ~Weapon Switching - Absolute Mode~

#164 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hmm, I saw it once myself, exactly what you described. Only happens in an recent save game with a slightly newer version of the mod. It won't happen in a new game, w/ the latest version. Or, hopefully, in the one I'll be releasing soon.

I know something to check, if you know how to edit a save game (GAM file). Look for a global named CALLED in the long list, and if it's set to a value of 1 then change it to zero. Some things in the 'call party to enemy' system did change recently, and one of the systems it affected was buffs. I had this happen in one of my old saves, and that's how I fixed it.

Or, use the Cheat console to SetGlobal("CALLED","GLOBAL",0) and see if that helps you.

This worked perfectly! Fixed my problem in like a minute. Thank you so much! 

#165 Isaya

Isaya
  • Modder
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Here is the updated french translation. It includes the latest string you posted yesterday.

I hope your tests are proceeding well, Horred.

Attached Files

#166 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Thanks, Isaya! I've got it included for the update. Testing is going quite well. I just found/fixed a weird bug w/ the backstabbing, where they were sometimes trying to backstab dead people. Talk about overkill! :D

If it keeps going well, I should have something out later today. I've given BGEE a thorough run, should probably try some BG2EE to be sure it's fine too. As for BG2--in theory should be the same as BG2EE right now. I'll make sure it installs clean. If you see a problem let me know, and I'll force myself into test-playing it.

I think next major update will include a revision of some of the spell conditions, in addition to item support. I'll see what can be done to help from the "BG2 side" first. I expect when I finally adopt the new scripting commands on the EE side, there will be a lot more revising and improving.

WORD OF WARNING: (just so you know...) I moved the Stoneskin spell from "autobuff after rest" to Long Duration Buffing (hotkey). Why? I cannot count how many Stoneskin spells have been wasted by resting right before an exterior area transition. It's just a click of the B button away...

I know this might make a few unhappy, but if I ever do an 'auto-buff after rest' script it will be a new script of its own. 'BPBUFMAG' or some name like that. And if I do, I'll also cater to the 'speed buff' requests. Strictly out of combat--if you want combat cheese you'll have to write your own (or twist mine to your own liking). It's honestly quite easy to do w/ these scripts--just a philosophical choice of mine, not to make them.

Edited by horred the plague, 15 December 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#167 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

And....the new version is live! Get v0.3110 from the downloads section, same place as usual. For those who haven't been following the posts--lots of revisions, major overhauls, new systems and more. This is a big update!

#168 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Gah...put up a quick hotfix. Notepad++ shredded some lines of code with the crazy search/replace I used this version. Sorry, I had the MODDER tag in weidu commented out, and didn't check in NI. Sorry, sloppy stuff. Still tired from getting the TSS release ready.

Fixed version v0.3111 posted in Downloads. All scripts in all 3 games checked out clean in NI.

#169 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

hi all , fab mod cant get it to work though , it keeps saying  FATAL ERROR: sys_error ("lan\\en_us/dialog.tlk:permission denied")

#170 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

hi all , fab mod cant get it to work though , it keeps saying  FATAL ERROR: sys_error ("lan\\en_us/dialog.tlk:permission denied")

Try right-clicking the setup-bpseries.exe, and Run As Administrator--see if that helps. Another thing is to check the properties of the dialog/tlk file, see if somehow a Read Only flag got set (and turn it off).

#171 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm seeing a couple odd bugs today in my testing, and tracking them down it's something in the EE series (both games). A bug there. The simple/common command See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)) is ringing true on dead people, if they're the unique type (w/ a custom death name). I've let the devs know, and I'm sure they'll work it out. In the meantime, I'm working on a workaround. One that will help now, won't hurt when they fix it properly. Testing one now, actually. Seems to be working out. If it keeps going well, I should have something in a few days.

This affects both the backstab and the 'call to enemy' system, from what I've seen in a few hours of playtesting. The "fix" is simple, it's finding where exactly to put it and getting it in 50-some scripts that's time-consuming.

#172 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

RE my language Error , running as administrator worked , thank you very much, truely you are the one whose coming has been prophecied

#173 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Happy New Year! The promised new version of BP Series has been delivered just in time for 2014. There was a lot of testing done in-game. A complete run of BGEE, and into the underdark on BG2EE. Many systems fine-tuned with relentless testing.*

*All the testing in the world never guarantees perfection

Files available in the Downloads section, same place as always. I remembered to include the Mac_OSX folder this time :o

And, the changelog:

v0.3120

Lots of in-game testing on BGEE and BG2EE, and lots of tested fixes

Checks for Disease now work. Victims will call for help, and healers will cure them.
ATweaks special Mummy Rot disease is accounted for. Clerics will not cast cures on those w/ the rot, except cure disease.

Part of this involved fixes that will heavily impact and greatly improve the healing system overall. I suspect most of the "healcall" shouts were being ignored entirely.

Added the GB-SMAGE/GB-SUMM scripts for summoned creatures, originally by Gebhard Blucher, to BP Series. These were already added by BP, and I was fixing an error anyways. This is tentative, much has changed since these script were written (c. 2002)--I may end up re-writing or replacing these in a future version. Let's see how it goes first.

Major fixes to the Call to Enemy system. Finally beat false alarms w/ conversations (barely). Better responsiveness, less lagging behind. Not nearly as apt to cast powerful buffs w/o real enemy confirmation (more likely not even, even when you should perhaps use it--engine/scripting limitations)

Fixes to the Backstabbing system. Also less likely to attack conversationalists, and to execute funny backstabs at end of combat. Won't try to stab dead enemies in EE. A side effect is they are more likely to try and stab from the front than before. I will try to correct this in future versions. There's still one type that can slip through the cracks, but I have yet to nail it down.

Shapeshifters druids and polymorphing mages now shift back to human form after combat. There appears to be an engine bug where the special abilities (polymorph types) don't vanish at expiration (become permanent), but at least the scripts seem to be able to handle their part.

Numerous spells were given conditional brush-ups. For now, just some of the more obvious flukes. e.g., a caster is far less likely to cone of cold their own party. A more complete revision yet to come.

A vulnerability spotted that prevented weapon combat (vs spells) from being used on someone w/ improved invisibility but no longer invisible. Another one still vs creatures that were formerly disabled in some way, and are now the last survivor.

More cleanups on weapon switching. Intuitive modes still need improvements, but the others are more sound.

Found an installer error in the "Wyvern Mage" component. It was byte-writing to Race instead of Class by mistake, actually messing things up more than helping. While at it, I added support for the Mordenkainen's Sword creature, because it is not HUMANOID nor race/class GNOLL. It is now [WEAPON.SWORD.LONG_SWORD] instead of [HUMANOID.GNOLL.GNOLL]

On the "one-button-thieving" scripts, I made the second setting now a search-no-stealth mode. Next version I might move stealth into the backstabbing toggle, and leave this key just for detect traps and detect illusions toggling. Much better user control when stealth and find traps are on different hotkeys. If I remember in time, and have other changes for translators, I'll update the in-game script descriptions too.

Added Support for Hexxat to BPFT-TH. This includes the Children of the Night, Blood Drain, and Domination. I didn't add cloak equipping support because via an old engine bug it can destroy another cloak if one was already equipped.

Added Support for Dorn's The Visage mask. If working right, will cover both acid breath and domination...Finally got UseItemExt (very useful) to install above UseItemSlot (almost useless) so it parse properly. In addition, I went through the four (4) vanilla BG2/EE scripts that used UseItemSlot. It was limited enough I was able to replace all-that-mattered with UseItem.

Ordering really matters on items, especially items that CastSpellAtObject (many do). The biggest thing to watch, is not to have the UseItem action below a DisplayStringHead action. I had to hand-edit all 60 scripts to fix this one, took an entire day. --Guess why I held off on completing the rest of the in-game items? ;)

As a result, item properties really work now. Tested with Dorn's The Visage mask, successfully dominated victim. Note that domination is ability #2 on the mask, so multiple item abilities can be handled! Start with 0 for ability #1, 1 for #2, etc. Just like for SelectWeaponAbility()

Now that the light is officially green, I'll be fleshing out the item support in upcoming editions. Stay tuned!

Enjoy! If all goes well with this, I'll finish up the item support next round, and then start using the new EE scripting functions. :)

#174 -Lawlie-

-Lawlie-

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Is there a way to use this with NPC mods, when I press K to change the fighting style, I get the string fixer. Is there a way to change the hotkey for fighting styles?

#175 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Is there a way to use this with NPC mods, when I press K to change the fighting style, I get the string fixer. Is there a way to change the hotkey for fighting styles?

No, because there are no more hotkeys available. What NPC mod, and what on earth is a "string fixer" used for? Maybe this can be done some other way, because it doesn't sound nearly as practical a use as switching from melee to ranged weapons.

#176 -Matthew-

-Matthew-

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

When I install the latest version for BG:EE, I receive parse errors indicating that WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC can't be found in spell.ids and SHADOWDANCER can't be found in kit.ids. Have I done something wrong?

#177 rderekp

rderekp
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

I'm having trouble with BG2:EE thieves. When I have the Find Traps selection on, it flashes constantly on and off. This happens with multiple scripts.

One more thing, with the multiscript (at least in BG:EE), when you buff, instead of saying 'Long Duration' is says 'Long Sword', Medium is 'Medium Shield' and Short is 'Short Sword'.

Thanks for any help.

#178 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

When I install the latest version for BG:EE, I receive parse errors indicating that WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC can't be found in spell.ids and SHADOWDANCER can't be found in kit.ids. Have I done something wrong?

With WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC you've done nothing wrong. This is a problem that crops up from time to time, when I move scripts between mods. It's just that BP Series doesn't add the entires for this, and parts of BP do. What I do is just change the entry from the name (WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC) to its numerical equivalent.

Why Shadowdancer wasn't recognized would be a mystery though. It's been in the 0x4021 slot of KIT.ids in the vanilla game since the kit was added. I didn't add it, I just used it. If you had that error from a ToB game, I could clearly see why.

I'm having trouble with BG2:EE thieves. When I have the Find Traps selection on, it flashes constantly on and off. This happens with multiple scripts.

One more thing, with the multiscript (at least in BG:EE), when you buff, instead of saying 'Long Duration' is says 'Long Sword', Medium is 'Medium Shield' and Short is 'Short Sword'.

Thanks for any help.

The strings are just an oops. Surprised they made it for this long, unless I accidentally pasted old code in recently. I'll check.

Before I can even begin to diagnose what I don't see in my own game, can you give me more specifics on the find traps? When you say flash, is this a case of it happening every second no matter what?More or less often? Are you using the Hide skill at the same time, or is it a script w/ so few hotkeys you have no choice (you said multiple scripts)? Are you trying the 'advanced' mode (Detect Illusions, works in combat as well)?

I asked about Hide() because in order to attempt to hide, one must break other modes like FindTraps() --whether they succeed or not. If you had a really low hide skill, this could happen more often. Thing is, I added a delay before re-attempts a couple months back. I may have missed a script--maybe two--but not 'multiple'. If you're using a script that has both hide and fid traps control, please try switching Hide() off and seeing if that makes the problem go away. If so, I have a starting point for diagnosis.

#179 -Derek Pattison-

-Derek Pattison-

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for any help.

The strings are just an oops. Surprised they made it for this long, unless I accidentally pasted old code in recently. I'll check.

Before I can even begin to diagnose what I don't see in my own game, can you give me more specifics on the find traps? When you say flash, is this a case of it happening every second no matter what?More or less often? Are you using the Hide skill at the same time, or is it a script w/ so few hotkeys you have no choice (you said multiple scripts)? Are you trying the 'advanced' mode (Detect Illusions, works in combat as well)?

I asked about Hide() because in order to attempt to hide, one must break other modes like FindTraps() --whether they succeed or not. If you had a really low hide skill, this could happen more often. Thing is, I added a delay before re-attempts a couple months back. I may have missed a script--maybe two--but not 'multiple'. If you're using a script that has both hide and fid traps control, please try switching Hide() off and seeing if that makes the problem go away. If so, I have a starting point for diagnosis.

Okay, so what happens is it says 'Finding Traps' and then 'Stopped Finding Traps' over and over again, it seems like pretty much every round or so, regardless of what I'm doing (unless I'm in combat with the regular mode of course). It doesn't matter if I use the regular or advanced mode. I'm using the BP-multi script, and toggling the F key, there's only the two options: Find Traps Mode and Detect Traps and Illusions mode and then Find Traps off. It doesn't give me the option of turning Hide on or off? After a little testing, the FT-Thief script seems to be fine, and it's only the multi that's causing the problem, and since I'm playing a cleric/thief it's my preferred script. :) (That script btw, doesn't seem to have the wrong buff wording in BG2:EE, so maybe it was an installer issue on my copy of BG:EE?)

Here's a screen shot:

mJJWpih.png

One other thing unrelated I noticed that's not related is that the bpcl-mg script doesn't have the option to set up using the sequencers like the mage scripts do. That would be a nice additional feature for Aerie. :)

#180 rderekp

rderekp
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Whoops, didn't realize I wasn't signed in there. That last reply was me. And when I said multi scripts, I meant THE multi script, not that multiple scripts were having the issue(s). That was my typo, sorry!

Edited by rderekp, 19 February 2014 - 12:04 AM.