BWS and Kagain's Korner

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hello everyone.
I'm experiencing a puzzling problem regarding the installation of Kagain's Korner with BWS (version 20121202, Big World Project Standard Setup):

ERROR: Failure("resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
Kagain's Korner: Store w/crazy amount of magical items (BG1 NPCs for SoA) was not installed due to errors.

Kagain's Korner is included in BG1 NPCs for SoA, and looking into BG1NPCSoA.tp2 I found the line:

COPY ~BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoACRE\7XCRE71.cre~ ~override/7XCRE71.cre~

As far as i can see, \BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoACRE\7XCRE71.cre exists (inside my BG2 directory).

Am I missing something obvious?

TIA.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

COPY ~BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoACRE\7XCRE71.cre~ ~override/7XCRE71.cre~
BG1NPCSoA\BG1NPCSoACRE\7XCRE71.cre
BG1NPCSoACRE

Oh the horror! :o

That should be BG1NPCSoA\CRE :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

The thing is - the file exists, I can confirm that's in the location specified (stylistically correct or not :P) but the copy command fails. Any hint? Should I remove the copy line and perform a manual copy before [r]etrying?

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Oh yeah... my bad :P

Could some anti-malware thing be running in the background interfering? If yes, disconnect from the internet and disable all your anti stuff and retry :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Nope. I already disabled my antivirus before launching BWS, and I can confirm that the file is there, correctly readable, and manually copying it (via console) doesn't show me any error. However, the logs state that:

C:\Games\BWS\BiG World Setup\Logs>grep 7XCRE71.cre *.txt
BiG World Install Debug.txt:Resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found in KEY file:
BiG World Install Debug.txt:ERROR: Failure("resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found for
'COPY'")
BiG World Install Debug.txt:ERROR: Failure("resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found for
'COPY'")
BiG World Install Debug.txt:Resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found in KEY file:
'COPY'")
'COPY'")

C:\Games\BWS\BiG World Setup\Logs>

Would running the debug version of BWS give me additional insight? I'm trying to understand if this is a problem specific to my system or a general bug.

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Na. In case the BWS crashes, you can try to debug the BWS itself with that vbs.
It does not run any more switches to give out more weidu-feedback.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#7 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I confirm that the very same issue happens even on a completely different system.

Edit: this isn't a file-related issue, but (from setup-BG1NPCSoA.debug):

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Edited by DivideBy0, 11 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#8 -yastru-

-yastru-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

i have the same problem

#9 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

### 0004: Kagain's Korner: Store w/crazy amount of magical items ###
Ready for installation

C:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>Setup-BG1NPCSoA.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --force-install-list 4 --logapp
[Setup-BG1NPCSoA.exe] WeiDU version 23100
[Setup-BG1NPCSoA.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Installing [Kagain's Korner: Store w/crazy amount of magical items]
Appending to files ...

Kagain already found; skipping to next NPC...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
(COPYING AND PATCHING MESSAGE CONTINUES) then the problem

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Extending game scripts ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]

ERROR Installing [Kagain's Korner: Store w/crazy amount of magical items], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 715 files for [BG1NPCSOA.TP2] component 4.
Uninstalled 715 files for [BG1NPCSOA.TP2] component 4.
ERROR: Failure("resource [7XCRE71.cre] not found for 'COPY'")

sorry for not including this in previous post. im intrigued by the first line "kagain allready found, skipping to next npc" .. is it because i have some other mod with him installed ?
installing tactics version of BWP.
and btw, if i skip it, will there be some consequences, if this mod is relatively minor id have no problem skipping it. pls reply soon because my BWS is pausing waiting for me to do something :)
tnx

#10 -yastru-

-yastru-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

update: every other file from bg1 npc for soa was installed when i entered the ©ontinue key except :

Installing [Kagain: ToB]
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
Resource [7XKAGA.DLG] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [BG1NPCSoA\MISC\KagainTOB.d]: Failure("resource [7XKAGA.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")

ERROR Installing [Kagain: ToB], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [BG1NPCSOA.TP2] component 13.
Uninstalled 0 files for [BG1NPCSOA.TP2] component 13.
ERROR: Failure("resource [7XKAGA.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPCSOA.DEBUG to Smiling Imp: MBONE911@excite.com
Automatically Skipping [Kagain: ToB] because of error.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Kagain: ToB

C:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [BG1NPCSoA\MISC\KagainTOB.d]: Failure("resource [7XKAGA.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [7XKAGA.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
Kagain: ToB (BG1 NPCs for SoA) was not installed due to errors.
The following will not be installed without the component:

BG1 NPCs for SoA:
0013: Kagain: ToB

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

-
I just hope that there wouldnt be any crashing because of it. This is my second "bug" for now during installation. First was :

SKIPPING: [Install Worldmap v7 Support]
This component must be installed immediately after Drizzt Saga core component.

C:\games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>
This component must be installed immediately after Drizzt Saga core component.
Install Worldmap v7 Support (Drizzt Saga) was skipped.

If a component was skipped during the install, this indicates a conflict or dependency that's still missing in the BWS. Either a similar component is already installed and thus this message is harmless, or the component depends on a mod that's missing. If you don't want to continue after your analysis, you can stop the BiG World Setup now and resume from this point later.
Enter [c]ontinue or [e].
[c]
Removing drizztsaga #1

And i shamelesly use the oportunity to ask about that one too.

There was a third "bug" but i squashed it with help of Lollorian i think, problem was with Yorileth fishing something something.

I just post all this stuff here because i couldnt find any other thread for this Kagain problem, and i didnt find much of drizzt worldmap problems also using google but much more mention of that compared to kagain.
I hope this is my last issue in this installation but murphy`s law will somehow find the way to screw me again. Tnx for future replies. Yastru.

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'm sorry for not being much help but if it's any consolation, that component is just a store with items (like the name says :)) so you probably won't miss anything you'd not get elsewhere in a BWP game :lol:

Also, you guys might wanna give a shout to the mod author about this because this doesn't actually seem to be a BWP issue :P

@yastru: It's probably my shitty memory but I have no clue about this Yorileth fishing thing :ROFL:

#12 DivideBy0

DivideBy0
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm sorry for not being much help but if it's any consolation, that component is just a store with items (like the name says :)) so you probably won't miss anything you'd not get elsewhere in a BWP game :lol:

You are perfectly right, but don't underestimate the psychological power of greed and perfectionism: I want *everything* installed and working, and I won't settle for anything less :P

#13 -yastru-

-yastru-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

tnx for replying, im allready past the kagain part and happily gone to new bugs to kill.. cant install 3 spells of "lost crossroads spell pack " so i think im gonna have to reinstall as i allready see a very crash happy game, and will try to demark kagain and this spellpack.. for now.
do you have any suggestions for "drizzt saga worldmap v7 support" maybe ?
i found this file

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=664

but considering its from 2008 i dont know how much helpfull would it be, and it only works if you extract it prior to install process i believe.

#14 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

@DoesNotCompute:
+1 :D

I'll try installing the mod in my install tomorrow to check whether I can replicate this yeah? ^_^

@yastru:
You should probably upload your BiG World Debug.txt (zip/rar/7zed please :P) because it would seem that something went wrong with either the Trimpack or DrizztSaga itself... :P

#15 -yastru-

-yastru-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

also, the mod i mentioned is yovaneth, fishing for trouble ,and the link is here :)

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55553-bug-reports-for-v2/

@divide by 0 : terribly sorry for hijacking a thread with this bug of mines. i hope we get a resolution though, altough im not much concerned about kagain seeing hes only a poor shopkeeper and not some i dont know, big red dragon or something.

#16 -yastru-

-yastru-

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

here it is, it also stopped on another error from that spellpack, can you please check it out also (last couple of files in log) and from your expert opinion tell me will the game be playable or should i just cancel the installation, reinstall bg2 and try again ?

http://speedy.sh/uYA...stall-Debug.rar

#17 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Line 6698 in BG1NPCSoA.tp2:

// Kagain
  COPY_EXISTING ~7XCRE71.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII SCRIPT_OVERRIDE ~7XKAGA~ #8
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

But 7XCRE71.cre only gets copied over when kagain11.cre doesn't exist. This should be reported to the mod author, as it's not clear what should be done when kagain11.cre does exist (maybe he gets this script instead?). I can't seem to reset my password on the mod's forum right now so I'll just leave this here and hopefully someone can pass on the message.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

And reported :cheers:

@yastru: Pssh expert indeed :ROFL:

Drop Spellpack and go with just Spell_rev if you ask me :P
(Spellpack's somehow searching for something called SPPR00-1.SPL and I cannot make out where that spell is from... definitely isn't spellpack itself :unsure:)

#19 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

sorry for not including this in previous post. im intrigued by the first line "kagain allready found, skipping to next npc" .. is it because i have some other mod with him installed ?
installing tactics version of BWP.
and btw, if i skip it, will there be some consequences, if this mod is relatively minor id have no problem skipping it. pls reply soon because my BWS is pausing waiting for me to do something :)
tnx

Hey guys, Smiling Imp here..

The reason you get that message and the error is because the mod has checks for other mods that add BG1 characters into the game. So if you have a mod installed that already adds Kagain, it will skip over that part of the component so you don't have any breaks into continuity by having two Kagains. I think the hangup must be coming from one of the other Kagain Korner's dialogs that still references Kagain in an interjection. I'll check it out and see what I come up with.

BTW, thanks for trying the mod. :cheers:

Edited by Smiling Imp, 18 December 2012 - 01:11 AM.

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#20 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Drop Spellpack and go with just Spell_rev if you ask me :P

May I ask why you say that? :) I mean, spell_rev only changes the spells in game and fixes them up a bit, while spellpack adds like 100 new and optionally change existing as well. So the mods are not really comparable in functionality.

I had spellpack installed only once, and my game became quite unstable while slinging around spells. I never found out if it really was the fault of spellpack or not since I scrapped that installation rather quick. But that mod was really interesting. Amazing graphics, and who can say no to more spells? :P I have not tried it again, but I would very much like to include it in future runs, but info on the stability of it is very scarce :( so do you know anything of the compatibility of this mod Lollorian?