• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9192 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Unfortunately WeiDU has not yet been updated to support BG:EE, but thanks to some great work by CamDawg & co over at the official BG:EE forums, there is now a way to:

Get Mods to Work in BG:EE

Update (pro5): Weidu now fully supports both enhanced editions and the new instructions to install mods on them are "Install them as usual (but may need to update the mod's .exe with the latest weidu version from weidu.org)": http://forum.baldurs...k-on-ee-part-ii

Keep in mind that each new patch from Overhaul will most likely wipe your installation clean, so you will need to re-do everything again after each patch for the time being!

Edited by cmorgan, 01 December 2013 - 07:14 AM.
outdated information -cmorgan

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 1080 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Link doesn't take you to the first page. It should be: Get Mods to Work in BG:EE

And thanks for creating the BG:EE Modding sub-forun :) .

Edited by Sam., 13 December 2012 - 02:24 AM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9192 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Thanks Sam, edited! :cheers:

#4 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hurray!!!! We have a BG:EE modding forum now!

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

extract using NearInfinity

Sure, sounds like a good idea, it only takes 1.5GBs to actually get any real mods to work, and it only works on some Weidu.exe functions while others are nicely out of question, because the game doesn't have the same parameters that the BG2 does, and no one though to ask if the bigg or anyone else would be so kind and prepare for this. Ouh, and after patching the files your game might be lagging cause the override is so huge... hmm and I don't want to know if you can even Generalize Biff the files then. :clap:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• 1502 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

no one though to ask if the bigg or anyone else would be so kind and prepare for this.

No.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#7 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modder
  • 1080 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

no one though to ask if the bigg or anyone else would be so kind and prepare for this.

No.

I thought the devs used WeiDU quite a bit while making BGEE :P ...?

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I thought the devs used WeiDU quite a bit while making BGEE :P ...?

Erhm, the testers, not the devs themselves. Unless there's a conspiracy of quiet shadows lurking. :shifty: :ph34r:
K, when were there not one ?

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9192 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Ah, no, Jarno, the devs definitely made use of WeiDU :)

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1345 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Scott Brooks even submitted a patch for getting WeiDU to work with Beamhauled biffs.

#11 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• 1502 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

It seems I was unclear--the bigg was contacted early in the process about updating WeiDU, and it's unfortunate that it didn't get updated in time for BGEE.

This is in no way a slight on Val. He's more than earned his time off and should be thanked, heartily and often, for his work.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#12 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

The source to WeiDU is freely available anyway, we could perhaps just come together with a programmer or two and make the changes ourselves.

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

The source to WeiDU is freely available anyway, we could perhaps just come together with a programmer or two and make the changes ourselves.

Wisp is on it already, but it's not fully ready yet. As in official release ready.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 January 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#14 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

This really should be updated so as not to confuse people - weidu now fully supports both enhanced editions and the new instructions to install mods on them are "Install them as usual (but may need to update the mod's .exe with the latest weidu version from weidu.org)": http://forum.baldurs...k-on-ee-part-ii

#15 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Staff
  • 2301 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

pro5! Awesome to see you! Agreed on the updating. I'm going out on a limb and editing K'aeloree's first post.

Edited by cmorgan, 01 December 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#16 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hey cmorgan, nice to see familiar people from the past are still here. :)