2 replies to this topic

#1 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi all,

my question would be to modders ... what's the future? Are "we" supposed to start thinking and working from now woth BGEE ... or, doesn't matter and we should still stick to the classic game?

I'm wondering mainly for the "core" mods (at least for my point of view) as BGT, 1PP, Aurora and also some "basic" tweaks.

What's your opinion / will?

Tx,
mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 17 December 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

We'll see, when the new Weidu get's it's release...
But to me that BG2 will be the base of the moding actions at least as long as the BGEE 2 doesn't come out...

My hope is that the new and old mods... well the Kit mods that are going to be released, are going to get balanced over time... so they get use in BG1 & BG2, BGEE etc.. yep, I am going to try to get my mods a version update when it can be done for use in BGEE ....

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 December 2012 - 05:38 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

I think every modder should decide for him-or-herself what, if anything, they intend to mod for. I intend to update the BG1 mod I'm currently working on to be compatible with EE once folks figure out how to update mods appropriately, but I don't intend to write mods with EE stuff specifically in mind given how little it adds.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri