Error backing-up new GOG BG1&2 installs via BWS vers 20121216

BWS GOG back-up error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fromage

Fromage
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Just a heads up for everyone with GOG installs. Please read the following three notes:

1. Both current GOG versions of BG1 and BG2 (setup_baldurs_gate_2.0.0.20.exe and setup_baldurs_gate2_2.0.0.12.exe) include and install "Aqrit's DDrawFix for Infinity Engine games". located at : http://bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html
Thus when you go to back up BWS complains that you already have a mod installed since it sees the "WeiDU.log" file in both "Baldur's Gate" and "BGII - SoA" folders. (Note if you want to install the BiG World Project or use BWS you need to rename the default BG2 installation folder to "BGII - SoA" when installating.) I just renamed the log file to "WeiDU-GOG-orig.log". The backup and additional scripts proceeded as normal without exiting. A copy of the file is below:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0

2. One other step I did before running the BWS, but that may not be necessary as the post was a year old, is the following per the link:
http://www.reddit.co...ogcom_versions/

4. Make a folder \GOG Games\BGII - SoA\CD5\movies

5. Copy the file 25movies.bif from the folder \GOG Games\BGII - SoA\data\Movies to the new folder your just made.
6. Create a text file in Notepad named BG2-ToBPatchReadMe.txt in \GOG Games\BGII - SoA. This file can and should be blank inside, but it has to exist for a verification process the BiG World Setup does.

3. Change the download directory in BWS to a folder outside your BG folders as they will be deleted when you reinstall the games from the GOG setup files. That way you can keep a copy of the downloads Additionally you may not need to make backups since the GOG installs of the two files take only a few minutes. Probably just as fast as the restoration from the BWS.

Lastly, I am stuck in the extraction process for the "Standard BWS" install package since on e of the files is corrupted, but that's another post. BIG THANKS TO ALL THE MODDERS FOR ENHANCING THE BALDURS GATE SERIES! Ein herzliches Dankeschön! Merci! Doomo arigatoo gozaimasu!

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Ok, so I need to ignore that WeiDU-entry/patch in the BG1-path.

BWS should read the [Alias]-section and get the CD5-entry from there. That should point to ...\GOG\data\ . Since the BWS looks for Movies\25movies.bif in that folder, it should be fine without the copy. Maybe you can look if the entry looks like that.

I also realized that I created the BG2-ToBPatchReadMe.txt and CD5\movies\25Movies.bif in the BG1-folder if they did not exist. In the next release, they'll be created in the BG2-folder - so if the files are missing, the script should create empty dummy-files. That way, the install would pass the BWP-batch-tests without warnings without the need to create the files yourself. The BWS itself does not need the patch-text-file nor the CD5-folder.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Fromage

Fromage
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Both installations, Baldur's Gate and BGII - SoA, have the correct alias strings in "baldur.ini". The BG2-ToBPatchReadMe.txt was created in the BG1 folder but the CD5\movies\25Movies.bif was not, thought I have not completed the BWS installation yet. At "Installing a list of components (Big Picture (BP))" which is throwing up a parsing error. See below:

ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]!
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Improved Demogorgon (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent
time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

I am thinking I should just "C" continue since those characters can be adjusted later by others (maybe SCS II). If I am reading the BiG World v11 english manual, p144 correctly:

"ERROR Installing [Improved Yaga-Shura], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 9 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 20.
Uninstalled 9 files for [SETUP-BPV180.TP2] component 20.
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BPV180.DEBUG to The BP Crew
Automatically Skipping [Improved Yaga-Shura] because of error.
Using Language [English]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Ascension for BP

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Abazigail

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Demogorgon

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Gromnir

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Illasera

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Yaga-Shura

D:\GOG Games\BGII - SoA>Ascension for BP (Big Picture (BP)) was installed successfully.
Improved Abazigail (Big Picture (BP)) was installed successfully.

ERROR: parsing [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [BPv180/ASCEND/TOUGH/DEMO/BAF/CORE/bpdemon.BAF]!
Improved Demogorgon (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit."

ideas?

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Maybe Beleg33 was wrong?
Just put in the mod and installed only that ascension-stuff and it was ok.

E:\BiG World Project\BGII - SVA>Setup-BPv180.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate
--language 1 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 15 16 17 18 19 20

[dialog.tlk] created, 74977 string entries
[dialogf.tlk] created, 74977 string entries

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Ascension f³r BP
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Abazigail
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Demogorgon
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Gromnir
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Illasera
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Improved Yaga-Shura

Linked the question in the BP-forum.

Edited by dabus, 28 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#5 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Long time without posting, trapped in WoW :D

Pretty sure I was right back then, as your attempt shows the improved battles should only require the ascencion component. There must be another mod earlier in install-order (thinking of baldurdash or D0stuff on a hunch) messing with the scripts that these BP components try to modify with some REPLACE voodoo.

I don't have my computer around to verify this but the DEBUG file would help.

Spoiler

Edited by Beleg33, 28 December 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#6 Fromage

Fromage
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I have attached a debug file. I hope it's the right one. D:\GOG Games\BGII - SoA\SETUP-BPV180.DEBUG  Attached File  SETUP-BPV180.DEBUG   120.71K   255 downloads Though horred the plague is working on a new redesign of BP-Ascension. That being the case I think I will skip over the package and continue with the installation. If something else comes up I will revert to a smaller collection of mods. I was installing the "recomended BWS" version.

#7 Fromage

Fromage
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Just a quick FYI. The install completed with a few other pauses, but I was able to "C" through them. A few things did not install but that seems to be the proper response for conflicting options. No more 'errors' after Ascension, only pauses due to conflicting mods. Final result:

"The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Sarah NPC
Component: Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB

Mod: Unfinished Business (UB for BG2)
Component: Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher

Mod: Big Picture (BP)
Component: Improved Demogorgon
Component: Improved Gromnir
Component: Improved Illasera
Component: Improved Yaga-Shura

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII)
Component: Improved Spiders
Component: Improved Sahuagin

Mod: aTweaks
Component: Revised Call Woodland Beings spell

The installation is finished.
In order to enjoy the first part of the Trilogy in the new garb of the BGII engine, start the BGMain.exe in the BG2 directory. Use the
TobExLoader.exe instead only if you installed "Throne of Bhaal Extender" without its BGMain patch.

If you wish, you can use the BiG World Clean-Up.bat to save some disk-space.

Thanks you for using the "BiG World Setup".

p.s. How do you make 'spoiler' text I can't seem to find the code in the help file. I can't seem to find the "click the 'BB Code Help' link under the emoticon box to launch the help window". sorry I must be blind.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

p.s. How do you make 'spoiler' text I can't seem to find the code in the help file. I can't seem to find the "click the 'BB Code Help' link under the emoticon box to launch the help window". sorry I must be blind.
This is how:
[spoiler]-hiddentext-[/spoiler]
The code is in the "Special BBCode" selection not that it matters much...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 December 2012 - 01:55 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

just put a spoiler in brackets. [ spoiler ] Text [ / spoiler ] without the spaces.

#10 Fromage

Fromage
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks,

Spoiler