Assassin poison bug?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -Thomas-

-Thomas-

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

I made a "test assassin" just to see how the poison works. So I started an SoA-game (I have BGT installed), and just tried to poison weapon and then hitting Imoen. But I do not get the extra damage, even if she fails her save. I.e. the poison just does 1d3 dmg which is fairly useless.

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Imoen is immune to poison while in Irenicus' dungeon. I suggest you try it on someone else.

Edited by Wisp, 29 December 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Imoen is immune to poison while in Irenicus' dungeon. I suggest you try it on someone else.

Greetings. This is "Thomas". I apologize for the (very) late reply, but I have been unable to respond or register before. I was now able to register, I am not sure what the problem was. The site refused to give me the accompanied picture for the "Anti-spam Task".

Allow me to apologize, again, for asking such a stupid question - I was obviously not aware that Imoen was immune to poison in the dungeon. :doh:

Because I was unsure of how the poison worked, I opted to roll a Bounty Hunter instead. I've had alot of fun, so far, but there is one minor thing I noticed which bothered me: Trap range. As I recently begun playing a fresh new char, I am only level 1 and have only gotten to use my alchemical trap once, yet (I actually managed to lay it with 30 Set Trap, lol). I decided to test it against a bear outside Candlekeep and strangely, the bear set the trap off at some '30 feet! I've never really played around with traps in the vanilla game, so I can't really make a comparison, but trapping something '30 feet away seems rather overpowered. I must say I am slightly disappointed in how you guys nerfed the Assassin's poison to 1d3+1/level instead of a DoT (damage over time), as that was pretty powerful and sort of the Assassin's "trump card". Nerfing the poison ability made me roll a Bounty Hunter instead. The Bounty Hunter's Paralyctic Poison is far more powerful, imo, which feels wierd, to say the least. And 7x backstab isn't really necesseray, imo, as if you can backstab a creature with 5x multiplies it usually means they're dead anyway.

Other than that, though, I can't thank you enough for this awesome mod! It makes singleclass Rogues viable (I love the Unerfed thac0 tables!) without making them overpowered. I was sceptical at first, but as I sat down and read the changes I felt "Hey this isn't so bad afterall!". Without this mod I'd be playing a Fighter/Thief or a Dual class Berserker/Thief - now I'm playing a singleclassed Bounty Hunter. :)

EDIT

I forgot, I have a question about the "Stealth path" in your "Improved Shadow Thieves"-component. I play and evil char and I intend to work for Bodhi because I've never tried that before. As such, I was hoping to kill and maim my way through the Shadow Thief Guildhall. My question is, this stealth path, does it change any quests or encounters other than adding the stealthy option? As I've never tried the Bodhi-path before, I want it to be as close to the vanilla experience as possible. Yet in vanilla, it seems she wont accept singleclassed thieves, so my only option is to install this. Thanks, N /EDIT

Edited by Nocturne, 07 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

EDIT
I forgot, I have a question about the "Stealth path" in your "Improved Shadow Thieves"-component. I play and evil char and I intend to work for Bodhi because I've never tried that before. As such, I was hoping to kill and maim my way through the Shadow Thief Guildhall. My question is, this stealth path, does it change any quests or encounters other than adding the stealthy option? As I've never tried the Bodhi-path before, I want it to be as close to the vanilla experience as possible. Yet in vanilla, it seems she wont accept singleclassed thieves, so my only option is to install this. Thanks, N /EDIT
The "stealth path" is simply a way for the party to infiltrate the Shadow Thief headquarters undetected and maybe catch someone unawares. The STIM component changes some aspects of the assault on the Shadow Thieves. The "stealth path" is one of those changes.

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

The "stealth path" is simply a way for the party to infiltrate the Shadow Thief headquarters undetected and maybe catch someone unawares. The STIM component changes some aspects of the assault on the Shadow Thieves. The "stealth path" is one of those changes.

I see, thank you!

#6 -Michael-

-Michael-

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

This may or may not be related to original post, but I've also run into a strange issue with the assassin poison ability.  Instead of creating a new thread I thought I'd just add to this one.

Whenever I use the poison weapon ability I receive the spell cast message, immediately followed by "You cannot cast this spell until the current casting has run out".  I guess this would make sense if poison was already running, but this message comes up even if it's the first cast.  I can see the little sword buff labeled "Able to poison weapons" on the portrait, but hitting a target doesn't seem trigger any poison at all.  I'm guessing there should at least be some messages confirming the poison damage in the text window?

Has anyone else run into anything like this?  All the other parts of the mod seem to be working correctly so far, but I just started a new game so this is very limited testing.  Oh and this is the latest version of Rogue Rebalancing 4.61.

Thanks

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi, I encountered the same problem as previous poster. Every time I try to use poison weapon, I get this message (You cannot cast this spell until the current casting has run out) and poison doesn't work. I tested it several times and even tried to create new character, but it still does this. It does this both in Tutu and BGII and only mods I have installed in both are RR and SCS.

I did some testing. When I uninstalled RR it worked correctly so I tried to install it one by one and it happened when I installed "Thief kit revision", so it has probably something to do with changes done to assassin's abilities by this one.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Me again.

I even tried to remove scs to see if it isn't conflicting and it doesn't work even without scs.

#9 -Wisp-

-Wisp-

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

I am unable to reproduce this with just RR 4.61 installed. To pursue this further, I will need a change-log of the file spcl423.spl from someone who is having this problem.

You can get a change-log by running this in a command prompt in your game folder:

mkdir changelog && copy setup-rr.exe weidu.exe && weidu --change-log spcl423.spl --out changelog >changelog\changelog.txt

Zip the changelog folder and upload it somewhere accessible.

#10 -Vítek-

-Vítek-

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hi,

I uploaded both Tutu and BG 2 changelog as it happens in both of them.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire...7732q51k1pariln

If it is of any impotance, I am using GOG version of game.

#11 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Okay, what's happening is that under some circumstanecs [1], RR's effects end up being inserted after the non-cumulativiry effect that Fixpack adds. As a result, the Poison Weapon ability never works properly. It will be fixed in the next version.

1. That apparently exclude me installing RR on a Fixpacked game for some reason.

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

This issue with non-functional poisoned weapons should be fixed in v4.62.

#13 -Vítek-

-Vítek-

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for the quick fix. I tried it and it works for me now.

Very appreaciated.

Now I only need to decide whether to resume my assassin game or continue my druid game I started in the meantime. :-)