Bug & Typo Reports

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

If you run into any problems, please post them here!

#2 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I may have run into a problem.

We cleared the mine & went back to Bergost, she wanted me to spare Tranzig, but I chose not to. (I wanted his ring of protection)

That was about 4 hours of playing (real) time ago. We have cleared a few areas & she has leveled up twice, but she hasn't spoken to me or anyone else in that time.

I am lawful good & my rep has been between 14 & 18 during her time.

I am doing the BG1NPC Dynaheir romance & it is progressing nicely (possible conflict?)

I had to use Shadowkeeper to change her weapon proficiency to Large Sword because I use BG1 proficiencies (BG2tweaks)

She will talk if I force talk her.

My Team is Imoen, Dynaheir, Jahiera, Viconia. & she hasn't ever spoken to any of them.

#3 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hmmm, none of that should be causing a problem.

Could you go to Shadowkeeper and tell me what the value of "rh#IsraTalksBG1" is?

Also, are you using Tutu or BGT?

#4 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'm using TuTu.

rh#IsraTalksBG1 is on 3

Although since my last post she has spoken to the bloke in clockwood forest about his brother.

But not to me or any party member.

Edit:

I'm in Chapter 5 & I got the first talk I could actually reply to, so hopefully it will move on from here.

Edited by olnorton, 11 January 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#5 Skia

Skia
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I downloaded this yesterday and ran it using BGT.

During my first encounter with her and Prism I only had the dialogue option that said I had already cleared out the mine and she left even though I hadn't stepped foot in the mine. I reloaded and it did the same thing. I then went into Shadowkeeper and changed my chapter to 2 and it then worked fine and I was able to recruit her. When I got to the mine it wouldn't let me in until I went back into Shadowkeeper and changed it back to 3. I was then able to progress normally and had no more issues. I enjoyed the dialogue and hope to see more in Amn. Thank you.

#6 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm using TuTu.

rh#IsraTalksBG1 is on 3

Although since my last post she has spoken to the bloke in clockwood forest about his brother.

But not to me or any party member.

Edit:

I'm in Chapter 5 & I got the first talk I could actually reply to, so hopefully it will move on from here.

Hmmmm. You were stuck at the first talk. Actually, you probably still are stuck there, since you've probably just triggered the Cloakwood related stuff now. Which means you're probably going to get one more talk that is actually intended to show up way further in the track than you are right now, and then silence again.

Why the second hadn't triggered yet, I'm not sure... it's supposed to trigger inside of a city area, so unless you've been avoiding Beregost and Nashkel entirely, my only guess is you entered a town region, spawned a messenger, and then left again before they could say anything. Hmm. I'll need to look into scripting around that possibility.

If you have a value for "rh#IsraMessengerSpawn" that is higher than 0, that's probably what happened. Set it back to 0, go hang out in a town or city, and the track should advance. (Though it's going to be a bit out of order now. Apologies for that!)

As for why she hasn't talked to any of the NPCs... I suppose it's possible that BG1NPC is blocking the banters. Let me know if that problem persists also. =)

I downloaded this yesterday and ran it using BGT.

During my first encounter with her and Prism I only had the dialogue option that said I had already cleared out the mine and she left even though I hadn't stepped foot in the mine. I reloaded and it did the same thing. I then went into Shadowkeeper and changed my chapter to 2 and it then worked fine and I was able to recruit her. When I got to the mine it wouldn't let me in until I went back into Shadowkeeper and changed it back to 3. I was then able to progress normally and had no more issues. I enjoyed the dialogue and hope to see more in Amn. Thank you.

Ahh, those cross-platform variables! Thank you! Will fix.

[edit] Alright, new version uploaded! If you're on BGT and don't want to be mucking around in Shadowkeeper to get her to join, make sure you pick up v1.1.

Edited by Rhaella, 11 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#7 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

If you have a value for "rh#IsraMessengerSpawn" that is higher than 0, that's probably what happened. Set it back to 0, go hang out in a town or city, and the track should advance. (Though it's going to be a bit out of order now. Apologies for that!)

As for why she hasn't talked to any of the NPCs... I suppose it's possible that BG1NPC is blocking the banters. Let me know if that problem persists also. =)

I was in Baldur's Gate, I zeroed the messengerspawn & went to Bergost.

The messenger said he had a message for her.

She replied "Oh, of course, my thanks"

Nothing else, was this all I was meant to get?

I don't know what the message was.

I've been around a couple of areas on the sword coast since then & heard nothing more, so I will start a new game without the BG1NPC mod.

#8 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

No, there's a talk with the PC that's supposed to happen after you get the message. Though other stuff could be preventing it from firing now. There's one point at which the track does get disabled, so if you haven't had a talk since the end of the Cloakwood, that may be what's in the way. If you use the console to advance real time, it should eventually get sorted out... though at this point, starting over may be easier, yeah.

Theoretically, BG1NPC shouldn't be causing any problems, though I'll need to look into the banter issue. Make sure you don't enter and exit a town region before you get her second talk and you should be fine this time. (I'm going to need to talk to K'aeloree about possible fixes for that problem.)

#9 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Sorry, me again.

I uninstalled BG1NPC's & installed Valerie, then reinstalled Isra & the Valerie/Isra cross mod banter.

I've just made it back to Baldur's Gate & she has been talking to me. rh#IsraTalksBG1 is on 9

But she hasn't spoken to Imoen, Dynaheir, Valerie, or Viconia.

Well she refused healing from Viconia, if that is consided a banter.

Valerie has had banters with the others, but not Isra.

Is there any area on the sword coast/ NPC combo that is certain to cause a banter?

I can't see what else could be causing it.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   4.93K   495 downloads

Edited by olnorton, 12 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm almost 100% sure you don't actually have an issue there--banters can just sometimes take a while to trigger. :) If you want to see them all, open the CLUA console, type CLUAConsole: EnableCheatKeys() and then hold down ctrl+I.

#11 -Deucetipher-

-Deucetipher-

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

This may not be a bug at all, so feel free to ignore me.   :)

What I believe is the second talk (Messenger, talk, talk about candlekeep)  seems to have an odd break in the conversation.

The "Unique... how so?" option leads into a brief statement about Eshpurta, then an abrupt "As you would have it."  I thought it was odd because that is her response to the brush off, so it felt odd there, especially since I hadn't said anything for her to respond to in that fashion.

I wasn't sure how to post images, since it won't let me post in BBcode, but the link is at the bottom..

http://imgur.com/a/6ccSy#0

http://imgur.com/R9RdJ,llYqV

#12 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

No, that's definitely leading to the wrong dialogue state. Thank you!

I'll hold of on updating a fix to that till after crossmod with Gavin is finished, since it's not gamebreaking or anything. =)

#13 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hello,

When I extract Isra v2, I don't have the .exe but a directory in which there is the .exe. ;)

#14 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Heh, this is what happens when I try to zip things myself. I suppose that is a bit of an inconvenience.

Alright, the new upload should open more cleanly.

#15 Atrus

Atrus
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm not certain if this is a bug or not, I have BGTrilogy, along with both the BG and BG2 versions of Isra installed. The website says she is now voiced, but nothing comes up in dialogue or when I click commands. Perhaps I need to uninstall the BG2 version until I get to that section of the game? Anyway, looking forward to getting to know Isra ^_^

#16 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

That is very strange, and I doubt it's related to having both installed. Though if you were to uninstall one of them, it would probably erase all of the audio for both. Do you have the latest version of BG1 installed with a new game? If the game isn't new, you'll need to initiate dialogue and ask her if there's something wrong with her voice -- that will at least reset the soundset.

Can you check your override to see if files rh#is001.wav through rh#is0038.wav and rh#is300.wav through rh#is314.wav are there? And anything in the 100s and 200s also.

#17 Atrus

Atrus
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am running from the most recent version of Baldur's Gate Trilogy, though not Enhanced Edition.  I attempted to fix the audio through the game/dialogue initiating option, and had no successes.  There was a slight pause as (I believe) something was reset or switched, but no luck in hearing voicing or her music.

After examining the override file I could not find any .wav files connected to Isra, though I was able to find other Isra files.  I was also unable to find any .wav files in my download.  Perhaps if I just uninstall both and then reinstall them.

Thanks for the quick reply

#18 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

They should actually be .ogg files in the download, though I'm not sure why they wouldn't be converting properly.

If you can't get it working, I can convert them for you manually and upload something to simply drop into the override, though hopefully simply reinstalling will solve the problem.

#19 Atrus

Atrus
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hm.   I'm not sure what the cause may have been, but uninstalling them both and then re-installing them fixed it.  =)  Thanks for providing the mod to the community, and cheers

Edited by Atrus, 28 June 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#20 -Daniel-

-Daniel-

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hello Rhaella,

First of all, I'm definitely enjoying this mod, so thanks very much for that. However, when playing through the BG2 mod, I've hit a bug - I've reached the first quest, and have just been told to speak to the Jysstevs and Alim al-Makram. But when going to the prison, I don't think Alim has spawned (though I did have the option of asking the first prison guard about him) - I can't find him anywhere after searching every inch of the prison.

Any suggestions?