Bug & Typo Reports

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hmm. Having her in the dungeon at the beginning doesn't really work -- she's closer to Viconia and Edwin when it comes to the way BG1 and BG2 are fit together. Well. With less evil, of course.

I'll need to look into figuring out how to get her to disappear at the beginning of BG2 if you've done BGT, though. I've got working theories on how to do it but no access to BGT to test them, haha.

#42 egbert

egbert
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'll need to look into figuring out how to get her to disappear at the beginning of BG2 if you've done BGT, though. I've got working theories on how to do it but no access to BGT to test them, haha.

Maybe you should make her leave when entering the Duchal Palace after Saravok's death.
Or - better - following her story she should leave after Saravok's Death (leaving the Labyrinth) to report to her order. 8-)

#43 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have encountered this exact same issue. Isra for BG1 and BG2 mods installed for BGT. When I start in irenicus' dungeon Isra is there in a lower cage. Force speaks are still the same as in BG1. also her sound clips have stopped altogether but i'll try reinstalling those. worried this will cause problems playing BG2; gonna export my character but that means meeting Isra in waukeens will mean she won't recognise me.

#44 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Makes me wish i installed Tutu haha

#45 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, either drop her before the end of BG1 for now or export to get rid of the BGT leftover -- don't worry about her not recognizing you in Waukeen's; that variable is set anew in BG2 and doesn't rely upon any information from the BG1 section of the game.

#46 -Louie-

-Louie-

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thank you! Gonna give her the ol' boot before Sarevok's battle then. Seems easier! Keep up the good work, excellent mod. Didn't mean to sound pissy or grumpy (if i did)

#47 PutridWalker

PutridWalker
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'll need to look into figuring out how to get her to disappear at the beginning of BG2 if you've done BGT, though.

When you do, do you think you can cook together a hotfix for us that have already installed her? :)

She is great by the way! Much thanks.

Edited by PutridWalker, 21 July 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#48 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

*cough* ARAM00.BCS *cough*

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#49 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Alright, this should hopefully fix the problem--let me know if it does work. Also let me know if it crashes your game instead, obviously.

Attached Files

#50 egbert

egbert
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Isra lv9 starting profiencies: Long Sword +, Great Sword ++, 2H Weapon Style ++, and 2 Weapons Style ++.

The last one makes so little sense to me that I decided to report it as a bug.
IMHO a lot more reasonable would be Long Sword ++, Great Sword ++, 2H Weapon Style ++, and Sword & Shield Weapon Style +.

Edited by egbert, 31 July 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#51 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Her religion is pretty much the most ridiculously flashy thing ever, hence two-weapon style being appropriate as a secondary skill. You're obviously welcome to shadowkeep it into whatever you'd prefer, of course.

#52 -Mist-

-Mist-

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hi Rhaella, I am trying Isra out for BG2 and I ran into the same problem where Alim is not spawning in the prison. Should I just run your patch?

#53 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

The new version (1.2) should hopefully be solving that problem, so depending on where Isra is in your installation, you could probably just reinstall to fix it. Otherwise, yes, the patch should work fine.

#54 -Lasivern-

-Lasivern-

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Her religion is pretty much the most ridiculously flashy thing ever, hence two-weapon style being appropriate as a secondary skill. You're obviously welcome to shadowkeep it into whatever you'd prefer, of course.

I too was uncomfortable with the proficiency picks - from both a game play and role playing perspective. 

I can easily see a Cavalier, especially a Paladin of Sune, going for 2 wpn style.  However, if they have done so, I can't see them also going for 2-handed wpn style.  It really strikes me as an either-or situation.  [I suspect the heavy emphasis towards 2-handed style and 2-handed swd is due to the availability of Carsomyr, which everyone wants their Paladin to wave around.]  So if she and her fath are flashy [a fair assumption] then I'd go with max ability in 2 wpn style and *NO* points in 2-handed weapons or 2-handed swd. 

Her decision [in game] seems very unwise, for a Paladin class NPC who has a fairly high minimum stat in Wisdom.  She has limited herself to two weapon choices only, the 2-hander and Long swds and isn't all that proficient in her supposedly preferred "flashy" style - only proficient in L swds and not fully proficient in 2 wpn style.  This doesn't strikes me as a particularly "wise" choice.  As indicated above, I feel it would be more "realistic" if she had decided to pursue one path or the other, either all out in 2-handed, or all out in 2 wpn, but not a hybrid of both.

Because of her odd choice here, she has no ranged weapon [which can be justified on role playing grounds however; Cavaliers are prohibited from *missile* wpns in the computer game, but the intent in AD&D, as I see it, is to restrict them from *ranged* weapons, even those like hammers, axes and daggers that can be both melee and ranged weapons. Doing it the PnP way is, however, beyond the capabilities of the game engine...]  She also has no skill with *any* blunt weapon and no piercing weapon.  Given the kind of creatures a Paladin is going to be called upon to face, the lack of a blunt weapon, especially, is hard to justify - especially with her starting out at lvl 8+.  Surely by now she has faced a skeleton or two, or other beasties partially or fully immune to slashing weapons?  Being "flashy" is one thing, but being foolish is another... :)

You are, of course, correct than one can always SK her to what one wants.  Personally, I spend 3 pts on 2-wpn style, 2 pts on L Swd, and a point each on Mace and Axes [at 9th lvl].  If I am using the "Thrown Hammer" mod [as I often do] then I might change Axe to Hammer proficiency.  That she won't be uber-skilled with Carsomyr is just too bad - she has no way of knowing it is going to be found and not all Holy Swords are 2-Handers anyway.  She will make do.... ;)

Now, other than the quibbles about proficiencies, let me finish by saying that I think that this is an excellent NPC, in many, many ways.  The stories are interesting, the family stuff especially.  Her personality is well-drawn and shows through in both conversations and parentheticals.  She is neither super-powered, nor crippled in some way.  How she interacts with situations and other NPCs is reasonable, understandable and appropriate.  Both the friendships and romance struck me as un-forced, natural and believable - well written all around! 

Two measures of how much I like her;  #1, my favorite mod NPC, from a role playing and writing viewpoint is Xan - can't praise that mod highly enough, on so many levels.  Well Isra is now my second favorite NPC mod [and I have played them all, from 1-day munchkins to demi-God Kensia's...]   :)  That I include her along with Xan is, for me, pretty high praise indeed.

#2, That I take along, given my style of play, is remarkable.  One of my overriding game-play choices is that only the PC can kill anything, which means only he or she can inflict *any* damage on enemies.  This makes spell-casting comrades useful [for buffs and disabling spells, Truesight, anti-mage defences stuff, etc] but means melee or ranged weapons classes are basically useless to me.  What value is a Minsc, if he can't strike at anything with a weapon [for fear that I might end the game with less than 100% of the kills]?

So, given my unusual style of play, that I find Isra interesting and entertaining enough to take along, when all she can do is cast Remove Fear and use Lay on Hands occasionally, is saying a lot!  :)

Very good job, thanks for making the mod and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

#55 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sorry for the (very) late response! In retrospect, it would have made sense to give her some mixed proficiencies in BG1 and then mix things up later, but I wasn't really comfortable changing around proficiencies that had already been established in the first mod. It's pretty cosmetic and easily enough fixed with Shadowkeeper, though, so I'll probably just leave it as is. I'm glad you enjoyed her, though!

Has anyone tried that BGT fix, by the way? I'll update to the newest WeiDU once I know the fix is working properly.

#56 Greyfox

Greyfox
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hey, let me start off with saying good job on the mod! I like it a lot so far, but have only gotten past the Nashkel Mines. This is the first fan-made NPC I've used, so I'm glad I picked this one.

Anyway, I thought I would let you know that the new BGEE 1.2 patch messed up some stuff about the mod. After re-installing it, it fixed some initial problems but some are still there. Everything outside of the player's control works fine, such as banters, but forcetalks are completely broken. She no longer has a sound set and her name has been changed to "Um... I..."., or something along those lines. Nothing is game breaking, so far, but I thought I'd let you know. The only thing that actually bothers me is not having the soundset. I liked her voice. (If that was you, good job! I'm always afraid of bad voices on fan-made stuff...)

Anyway, like I said, nothing that breaks the game, so you could leave it as-is in my eyes. The only problem is that BG2EE is going to use the same file system, I believe.

#57 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

That *shouldn't* be because of the patch itself, actually. Or at least not because of the patch being incompatible with the mod.

You can't forcetalk her at all? Because there should be an option -- the second to last one -- which says "Is there something wrong with your voice?" Clicking on that should clear up the weird soundset issues and the name.

This is unfortunately something that happens with mods whenever the game gets patched, since files suddenly get overwritten. I think uninstalling mods, patching, and then reinstalling your mods in the same order is the safest way to deal with the problem.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying her! Yes, that's my voice, haha, or the one I picked up in London at any rate.

Edited by Rhaella, 08 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#58 -Waning Gibbous-

-Waning Gibbous-

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

I have the same problem. I tried the "wrong with your voice" option but my UI disappeared and appeared to be locked out. Isra is the only mod i have installed in the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and the only thing that has changed for me is the patch... Love the mod though! Isra is one of the best NPCs i've seen added. She is deep without having contrived drama for a backstory, and a strong presence in the party without being overbearing. Well done!

#59 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with that stringfixer, though I haven't managed to figure out why exactly it's broken. I'm pretty sure it was working in TuTu, and I thiiiink it was working before 1.2 also.

As an alternative for the moment, if you install this, select Isra, and then press CTRL+K, it should at least fix her name after patching.

Attached Files

#60 -Tiddan-

-Tiddan-

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

I have not been able to get it to work by either simply reinstalling or uninstalling and then installing again. All dialogue simply says Invalid <Number>.