Bug?

Proficiency

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 -Mario-

-Mario-

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi! First of all thanks a lot for this Full-of-releases-Christmas. I am playing with Dace and Arath in my party and loving them so far, but I am not sure if this may be a bug or a problem with my installation. Dace lacks 2 proficiency points when she joins (she comes with one star in Daggers and one in Short sword but she carries a Short bow  so I thought that your intention was to make her able to use one.) and the same happens with Arath (in his case he has no weapon proficiencies selected at all).

This can be solved locally with Shadowkeeper, but in Dace's case she has another problem: Hellcat acts as a curse weapon. I cannot remove it from her hand and it sets her attacks per round to 0 and that is something I don't know how to solve.

Thanks!

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thanks Mario! I'm looking into it now.

Hellcat being immobile is intentional, but the attacks per round is definitely not.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Another possible bug I've encountered--when removed from the party for whatever reason, she has no leaving dialogue and just goes neutral and stands there.  When spoken to, I get 'Dace has nothing to say to you.'  Is this intentional behavior or a bug?

#4 Mario

Mario
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I finally got to register! I wasn't able during Christmas. Well anyway. I found another thing with lady bountyhunter. I was clearing D'Arnise Keep and tried to rest to memorize a Harper Call Spell (Dace got chunked by one of the beasties there) and the First Dream Cutscene started. Just when the dream was going to finish and the loading screen was about to finish, the game crashed. It happened a few times, I wasn't able to rest so I went to the city and got her resurrected by one of the temples (I am running with Jaheira and Arath and no Resurrect spells and didn't want to Ctrl+R her).

Just when she got resurrected she talked to me. She started the dialog about me having got hit in the head and told me about her father, so I suppose the Crash after the cutscene was because of her script or something Dace related. After her being resurrected I went to rest, had the dream and everything went perfectly, no game crashes.

I'm liking her very much Kaeloree (and Arath too), so I'll try to report anything I found to make those too as perfect as possible.

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

All bugs here fixed in v1.2 :) Thanks all!

#6 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

I scanned thru the Readme (the colour is weird and hard to see in parts) but I can't find where it may (or may not?) say if the new version can be installed over the old one or if we need to do a new install.  For a noob sort like me, can I just install her new version on top of everything I already have and not be terror-stricken?  :)

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

It depends on where Dace is in your install order--if she's not at the end or very close to the end of your install order, I would recommend either reinstalling all your mods + starting a new game, or maybe ditching her and using her in the next playthrough. :) 

#8 lostincarnation

lostincarnation
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Another possible bug I've encountered--when removed from the party for whatever reason, she has no leaving dialogue and just goes neutral and stands there.  When spoken to, I get 'Dace has nothing to say to you.'  Is this intentional behavior or a bug?

I have this bug as well.

And i can't initiate any dialogs with her by F1

Dace v1.3

BG2EE

Edited by lostincarnation, 22 November 2013 - 04:49 AM.

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

#9 nesk

nesk
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

I have this bug as well.

And i can't initiate any dialogs with her by F1

Dace v1.3

BG2EE

Same thing here.

#10 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

I do not have BGEE so I am posting about the latest Dace for the GOG BGII.  I just finished the main quest in Trademeet and just after my party got the heroes speech and welcome Dace leveled up.  I leveled her up and left the Mayor's House.  I then realised that Dace was not outside with my party.  I cannot go back inside and I cannot select her from inside to "click" to her location.

She is alive and well, but totally inaccessible to me!

This is a game-breaker. 

Earlier, I had another bug but since it didn't break my game I didn't report it.  I don't know if anyone else ever did or not. 

It was with Edwin's Nether Scroll Quest.  As soon as Edwin threatens the lich, Dace has a comment; something like, "This was going fine until the mage butted in..." or something like that, and Edwin's blue circle turns red.  He does not attack the party, but I cannot re-add him via Cntrl-Q, either.  He stays red.

I Cntrl-Y'd Dace to "kill" her and then redid the Quest and then resurrected her after fighting the lich and things went fine and dandy.

Now I'm stuck in Trademeet without her.  :(

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

#11 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

I must update.  I did a new install, including Dace in the install, but now the same thing has happened in my new game, but this time to Anomen instead of Dace.  I had to Cntrl-Y kill him to move on.  I do not know what the problem is.  I do have a rather large install, so I suppose it could be anything.  :(  I no longer have reason to believe that it is Dace over any other mod.  I'm sorry if I was wrong to write the above post.

#12 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Did it happen at the same event / area again?

#13 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

No, it didn't.  This time it happened earlier in the game and it wasn't even during a leveling up. The only thing in the two events that are the same is that it happened indoors.  This time I was in the Den of the Seven Veils and was able to go back inside to see Anomen standing there.  When I put my mouse cursor over him his circle was green. I then repeatedly tried to Cntrl-Q him to get him to rejoin my party, but it did not work.  And again, the portrait was on my sidebar.  Double-clicking did not bring me to him if I was outside the Inn.  The right click showed his inaccessible inventory, just as it would appear if I tried to access it if he was stunned or otherwise inaccessible.  I finally killed him to get on with my game.

If this keeps happening I'll do another reinstall and keep it smaller.  But thru the years I have done the game "properly" and "improperly," abused SK, and other times not.  I've never had this happen before no matter how I decided to play.  I'm perplexed! 

#14 -ZioRipper-

-ZioRipper-

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:36 AM

I just had the same issue as Setepenre describes. I'm in Trademeet, just wrapped up main quest, and now she has vanished! She is still in my party, and I can access her inventory. But she isn't on the map, I can't double click to see her location, and can't leave the map!

I'll try messing around with a few things, and see what I can find. 

#15 -ZioRipper-

-ZioRipper-

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

Just a followup after I tried a few things:

1. I have a save where she IS in my party. When I load it, she disappears in the first few frames of the game loading. Strange. 

2. I can't use console commands to kill her off, then re-hire. Can't interact with her character at all in those ways. 

3. MoveToArea also doesn't work, though in a pinch it can let me leave the map. I don't want to leave her behind in limbo though!

#16 -Sjerrie-

-Sjerrie-

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

I am also one of the people that can't talk to her if she is dropped from the party, for whatever reason. I'd love to mix up my party and temporarily drop her, but at this point I'm either stuck with her for the rest of the game or I have to drop her for the rest of the game...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Proficiency