Quest help please (spoilers inside)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sylune

Sylune
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hi there,

I am sure I've overlooked something but I can't seem to find Tanya now that I've killed her "little birds".  Could someone give me a hint pretty please?  :doh:

Thank you! Sy

#2 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

There should be a suggestion in your journal!

If there isn't yet, I suppose you might not have gotten all of the birds. If the variable "rh#DamarovQuest" isn't at 6, you've probably missed someone.

#3 -CoraMardnab-

-CoraMardnab-

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Any chance I can get a straight spoiler for this one? I'm having the same problem. I've eliminated all 4 of the birds... two in the bridge district, one in the copper corronet, and the last in sea's bounty. My journal acknowledges that I've killed all of them, but offers no further information, and too much time passed obviously prompts Adrian to leave. In hopes that this isn't a bug (I don't have any previous saves that wouldn't set my game WAY too far back) and is rather just a journal entry missing, could somebody tell me what I'm supposed to do next?

#4 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

The journal entries trigger when you've spoken to them, rather than when you kill them, so it could be that the same thing happened to you that happened to Sylune: the guy in Delosar's Inn goes invisible, so you might have walked out and left him alive. If that's the case, he'll still be there and killing him should move you forward. Otherwise, check back in and I'll figure out what's going on. =)

#5 -CoraMardnab-

-CoraMardnab-

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Ohhhhhhh oh oh oh h h h. I'd noticed that he went invisible but after that he didn't attack for a while, and with the journal entry I thought it must have just been a glitch of some kind... but I went back and he was there. PHEW! I would have been super disappointed if I'd had to give up on Adrian. Thanks so much!

#6 -Virulens-

-Virulens-

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I hope people are still reading this topic! My latest journal entry reads something to the effect of "I will need to talk to various innkeepers to find her" (Tanya). I've done a little circuit of all the inns in the city, talked to pretty much everyone I could... nothing's triggering. Has something gone wrong or am I just missing something very obvious?

#7 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Talk to other people in the Five Flagons and you should figure it out. =)

#8 -hholthuis-

-hholthuis-

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hey, Really sorry but I cannot fiend whomever I should address. Been talkin' to everyone in the Five Flagons Inn but no results.

(I am not the same guest)

#9 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

There's a halfling at one of the tables. Jerry Jamtoes.

#10 -hholthuis-

-hholthuis-

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Thanks, Guess I had to speak to the bartender first and Jerry after to trigger the intel?

#11 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yep. =)

#12 -Queeg-

-Queeg-

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Greetings, I searched every inch of copper coronet to no avail, and can't find Orlanna in there. Any chance for a hint, or even a console command to spawn her?

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Greetings, I searched every inch of copper coronet to no avail, and can't find Orlanna in there. Any chance for a hint, or even a console command to spawn her?

Nvm, found her code it using the EEkeepe. Nevertheless, she's absent in my playthrough in Copper Coronet.

#14 -Kristi-

-Kristi-

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Nvm, found her code it using the EEkeepe. Nevertheless, she's absent in my playthrough in Copper Coronet.

Thanks for posting this, I had the exact same issue!

#15 -Chris-

-Chris-

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:34 PM

Yup. No Orlanna in the Copper Coronet. Kinda sucks, as with no workaround offered it puts any and all interactions with the NPC on permanent hold.

#16 -Chris-

-Chris-

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:03 AM

For those who want a workaround for this without having to do a lot of digging, open up Baldur.ini (located in your BG2 install folder) using notepad.

After saving a backup of Baldur.ini, add the line:

Debug Mode=1

Under [Program Options]

Open up BGII, and press Ctrl+Space to open up the console, and paste in the following:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature( "rh#orla" )

That will spawn her right next to you.

#17 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

So I've killed the four "birdies" but nothing is happening and Adrian is getting antsy.  Help please?

Edited by Kai of Candlekeep, 17 May 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#18 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Sorry for the delay! Could you let me know which version you're using (in case I broke something in the most recent one) and what value you have for the global variable "rh#DamarovQuest"? It should be at 5, so if it isn't, manually setting it there should solve things.

#19 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Thank you for the reply, I wasn't expecting one so quickly to be honest.

I'm using v4.2 and my rh#DamarovQuest global is/was at 4.   

I did as you suggested and manually changed it to 5 and it worked like a charm.  Tanya appeared and the quest proceeded as normal.  Thank you so much!  Adrian is happy again and all is right with the world.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1