Romance Conflicts *Possible Spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yay! Finally got some time to play. :cheers:

I've finally reached the ToB portion of the romance after deciding to go ahead and commit to Anomen just so I could get as much content as possible on my first play-through, and I must say, I've never felt this guilty about romancing two guys at once before. The PID option to tell HD that I'm in love with Anomen had me feeling genuinely disgusted with myself. :ph34r: Will Haer Dalis call it quits with you if this arrangement continues for too long? If so, does he just leave the party, or does he give the player the opportunity to be only with him? Does Sarevok factor into it anywhere if you are getting friendly with him also?

I know you've insinuated in the past that there are consequences for philandering, but I was just curious about how bad those consequences are and when exactly they occur. I suppose I could just play the mod and find out, but I'm the type that likes to read the end of the book before getting too far in. :whistling:

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#2 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

For those who don't want to be super spoiled but appreciate being warned, I'll only repeat that there are indeed consequences to multi-romancing.

For those who don't mind the spoilers... :D

Spoiler

Edited by Aeryn, 09 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#3 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for such a quick response, Miss Aeryn. I'm sure your busy.  Last question: Are those talks all timered? 'Cuz I might just run through them quickly and start a new game.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#4 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Everything is on a timer, except LT11, which won't trigger until after you meet Balthazar the first time. Ah, that reminds me - I'll update the overview section with the ToB outline. :)

And it's no problem at all! :D Happy to answer questions.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#5 -Cassie-

-Cassie-

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

I'm having a vaguely similar issue, romanced Anomen because I didn't want to miss any content. This is only my 2nd time playing through the mod, but on my first playthrough I thought I remembered there being a bit at the end where Anomen forces you to choose, and that didn't happen this time around. So I'm now starting ToB, committed (I think) to both Anomen and Haer'Dalis.

I really don't want to play through ToB romancing both, but I don't want to let Anomen down manually if there's a conflict dialog written in. Is there anything like that in the early part of ToB?

#6 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, you would have to break it off yourself. Anomen doesn't say anything, and by the time Haer'Dalis says something, it's too late to change your mind. Or, you could just kick Anomen from the party if you'd rather not dump him. The other romance has to be both committed AND in the party. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#7 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Oh god I think I've made an awful mistake then - I had Anomen in party but wasn't romancing him and H'D dumped me anyway. Was there a conversation earlier I should have had? (Because, gah, that's a LOT of BG2 I'm going to have to replay).

#8 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Let me take a look at everything, because that's definitely not right. The romance with HD was set to 2, not 1, correct? He'll bail on an uncommitted PC as well as a cheating one.

Edit: Also, did he mention Anomen by name? He'll say the person he's conflicting with in the conversation if the problem is a conflict rather than a commitment thing.

Edited by Aeryn, 14 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#9 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

No, it's not you it's me! :lol2:

It never got past 1 and I just wondered which conversation should have changed that. I tend to play my female Bhaalspawn as myself and I'm quite English and reserved in real life when it comes to making outward declarations of love (always felt extremely uncomfortable with those three little words, even when the sentiment happened to be true).

Anomen was never mentioned - I shut him down before he did his test.

Edited by Cal Jones, 14 January 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#10 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Oooh, okay!

Spoiler

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#11 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Ah, well I see where it went wrong, then - he didn't talk to me in Hell. I am wondering if the fact I had revised hell trials component of the Questpack installed affected things.

Log:

Spoiler

Anyway, I have cheated my way out of it - loaded a save just before he gave me the book and changed the romance variable to 2. I couldn't face playing all the way through Saradush and Watcher's Keep again (not on this run, anyway!)

#12 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ah, yeah we had an issue with another mod that tweaked things in the Hell sequence, so that's entirely possible. I'll let K'ae check it out when he gets the chance - doubt I'd be able to see what specifically is causing the problem. Gah, sorry Cal!

If anyone else has a similar issue, there's no solution really, but you can work around the issue by either telling Haer'Dalis you love him in one of the first ToB dialogs (LT1 I know can change the commitment, so can the first inn encounter in Saradush, and I think there's a few others? but can't recall which), or by just setting the romance to 2 and going on about your business as if you'd gotten the Hell talk.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#13 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanks - I did wonder why he said I'd cruelly rebuffed him when I'd been nice and encouraging the whole time. Ah well!

#14 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

So...so...so...so...so... Saravok is no longer a "freebie?"  :crying:

Say it ain't so!!!   *sniffle*

Well...at least I've been able to have me some Saravok lovin' before.  I won't need to hang myself after all.

But I have to ask -  in your spoiler section of names, I know all of them but two.  

Who is Lask?  And isn't Aran only a mod in theory only and not completed or being worked on?  I mean, if there are actually two other romances out there I'd like to give them a try.  :)

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#15 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well, Sarevok will only conflict if his romance is committed, and since that happens REALLY late in ToB (and only on one romance path), it's totally possible to sneak both of them in. :D So, he's still half a freebie!

Lask is an NPC I'm working on, but progress is sloooow. I'm a professional procrastinator. If I ever manage to find my muse, he'll (Lask... not my muse... :doh:) end up being a companion for BG and BG2. And Aran is playable (or was, did a good bit of testing with him some while back), but I don't think he's completely complete yet. It's been a while since I checked on the status of the mod.

Edited by Aeryn, 23 January 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#16 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Wait, your muse will be a BG/BG2 companion? How cool is that!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#17 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hah, not very! My muse would have the lowest possible constitution and need a nap every few minutes and whine about working and vanish from the party from time to time for no reason. :P

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#18 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

LOL!  Well, I feel much better!  I had forgotten that Saravok doesn't commit until late, so I can branch games and still have two GREAT guys.  ;)

I had no clue that Aran was almost playable.  Wow!  I keep track of him over at G3, but silly me, I forgot that his name is "Aran" and when I saw you include him in your list I confused him with Khadion (I think his name is) who is "Aran" Lindvail's son.  D'oh!  I'm getting senile a tad early...

So, Lask will be a companion for both BG and BGII?  Awesome!  Good luck with your muse and with Lask.  I like that name, btw.  He sounds like he could be anything from a human nobleman to a half-orc.  :D

Edited by Setepenre, 23 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.