BiG World Install won't recognize WeiDU (I think?), nothing works

BWP troubleshooting DSotSC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Let me start by saying that while it's my first post on this forum since I can remember, lurking here has helped me through BGII installs several times over the 6 years or so that I've played IE mods. So, a belated thanks to the community.

However, I recently got a new laptop, formatted a hard drive, installed Windows 8... my BWP install got lost in the shuffle somewhere and doesn't run like it used to. I'm trying to more-or-less duplicate that install on my Win8 laptop. I took my BWS-Selection file, ran it through the update process, redownloaded everything that's changed, and ran it on a fresh install on the new PC.

Problem is, it gets through the extractions and errors out on the installation of NTotSC, stating "This mod should be installed after DSotSC." From the log, it looks like DSotSC isn't found, but I have the most recent version present and extracted.  Notably, DSotSC didn't generate a debug log or anything, it looks like it wasn't even run, though its point in the order was passed. Is this because it's the new version that just came out? Anyway, after that, most of the mods are not installed due to errors, and I didn't end up completing the failed installation. I'll post the relevant parts of the installation debug here:

Spoiler

Nothing before that point lists any warnings or errors, and everything after that is pretty much the same thing (files not found, errors)

I've attached a copy of the BWS-Selection that lists the mods and options I'm using, if that's of interest.  [attachment=26238:Mods Selection.txt]

Since I first encountered these errors, I have taken steps to try to fix them, but the same thing shows up each time. I have:

Disabled UAC, PCA, SmartScreen, Windows Defender (when offline) 

Uninstalled from Program Files and reinstalled in C:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\

Uninstalled GoG.com version of BGII and dug up my old ISOs, installed and patched CD version

I guess that's mostly it. I've plugged in and pulled out a few mods seeing if it'll make a difference, tried this six or seven times - it's getting tiring. Any thoughts? I have other debug files of course but I'm not certain what's relevant.

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

There's a [NUL]-character in the second line, right after the C in the TP2-file. I can't copy and paste since the site will not allow it directly, but it looks like this:
// Original creator of DSotSC: C[NUL]'choinneach
So put your cursor in fron of the C, go to the right and press the delete-key to remove the [NUL]. Or delete that line.
That would allow the script to read the rest of the file, look for the games folder and "detect" the mod.
You could also install the mod by yourself when the BWS detects that it's missing, restart the BWS, the install would be detected and DSOTSC-install would just be skipped by the BWS since it would be already there.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'll pass my judgement of the original poster based on this: [Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen] [v1.1]
He doesn't want to play the BG2 game at all ... cause Imoen will never show up on the Irenicus prison(SoA start)... :D

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Wait, seriously? Obviously I built my install list wrong.

#5 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Found your previous post about preventing the correct transfer; I'll head that off as well. The Charming Rogue kit's a smidge broken, anyway...

#6 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pretty sure that's fixed by BGT (modifying the cutscene to call for IMOEN2, unless you install faster cutscenes component from some tweak mod that reverts it to original DV), I haven't had any issue with charming rogue kit in a while in BWP installs.

EDIT : Thinking about it, it could very well be fixed by the BWfixpack, but I believe Ascencion64 did something in the same vain as "continuous imoen" inside BGT at some point.

On topic, I have no clue what's going on with DSotSC in your install sorry.

Edited by Beleg33, 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#7 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

The null character in the  was exactly the issue; it installed like a dream once it was removed. Thanks dabus!

#8 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

And pardon my use of "broken;" I didn't mean "buggy" broken, i meant "unbalanced" broken. Imoen's a bit too powerful with that kit compared to other thieves.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Pretty sure that's fixed by BGT (modifying the cutscene to call for IMOEN2, unless you install faster cutscenes component from some tweak mod that reverts it to original DV), I haven't had any issue with charming rogue kit in a while in BWP installs.
EDIT : Thinking about it, it could very well be fixed by the BWfixpack, but I believe Ascencion64 did something in the same vain as "continuous imoen" inside BGT at some point.
Well, yeah... but it's not, as the BGT-NEJ2's component was to make the Death Variable to be the correct one in comparison to the some (possilby a non-weidu-)BGT, but as it is, it just fails horribly at the current v1.15(1.06b onwards at the least). So the cut scene ends up broken if you install that mod.
Anyways the kit's not that broken, if you know what the NEJ2 is alike, as it's strait from the Irenicus prison's first floor to fight BG2's high level Ogres and Orcs... that's broken in the unbalanced way.

Anyways, Alan Wiggs... the "judgement" was a joke...hope you saw that the way it's was meant. I hope you to have a lot of success ...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Alan Wiggs

Alan Wiggs
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've read enough of your posts to know you're not that vindictive :-D Thanks for the tips.

#11 xardoth

xardoth
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I've been having issues with my BWS install and DSotSC and this fixed it.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BWP, troubleshooting, DSotSC