CLASS: Fighter (Possibly Berserker)

STATS: (Draft)

STR: 17

DEX: 16

CON: 14

INT: 15

WIS: 10

CHA: 13

Caoco…A vicious, Blood-thirsty killer…a chaotic and evil woman wandering seemingly aimlessly across Faerun. Her dark origins are as hidden as she can manage, her dark temperament not nearly as controlled.

Her origin…Born amidst the flames of Baator, she fled the city in youth and, with the help of her half-sister…found her way to the city of doors. From there she tells nothing, but that she eventually found her way to the Material Plane…Faerun. In her youth, she was scorned and feared, for her devilish wings and aura frightened many common folk. She retreated to the wilderness. There, she committed to plotting and fantasizing…her ‘half-sister’ and her ‘father’. There power and station barred her from the Nine Hells…and the power rightfully hers to share…but share she would not. One day she would over-throw them. One day, she would slaughter them…but over time she realized, why stop there? She could rise further. She could descend the layers of Baator and destroy everything…and with the right tools and enough power…usurp Asmodeus himself. The Nine Hells all to herself. Could it be possible to dethrone he who has never been dethroned? She fantasized it to no end.

A fools errend…ambition that would end in disaster. An insane proposition…but what if she could? What if she gathered all the power she could across the planes, all the allys she could muster, all she could grasp…could she do it?

Avernus, Dis, Minauros, Phlegethos, Stygia, Malgolge, Maladomini, Cania…Nessus.

But it would start in Phlegethos. Her father and “sister” would taste her wrath first and foremost. As far as Caoco was concerned, their time in power was limited. She just needed the means.

In order to find those means, she needed to blend in. Her wings…given to her from her Erinyes mother… were useful...but they were also cumbersome and reeked of brimstone no matter how much she washed them or tried to mask the odor. Finally, in desperation, she cut them off herself. She writhed in pain for days as she slowly cut through the bone, the difficulty unfathomable as she cut very nearly out of reach. At last, one by one they fell upon the ground. Through tears of pain, she smiled in triumph. Now she could walk among the mortals undetected and left to herself.

However, there was another sign she could not remove. Her…heels. Her birth defect. Her perfect imperfection. She had to hide it…but how?

In her mother’s womb, Caoco’s fibula overgrew. The back bone grew beyond the front and extended through her ankle and heel, protruding from the skin. As a result, she walked on the balls of her feet…and her bone as a makeshift heel. It was attempted to cut it off, but strangely it grew back…and continues to grow. Every now and again, Caoco has to cut the bone down to stop it from extending so far she can’t walk.

After long suffering in oversized boots, she found a solution. She found woman that wore strange shoes that were shaped just like her mutated feet. She commissioned these shoes to be made in a way to “sheath” the bone and be comfortably padded the front. They were fashioned to appear as boots, but inside, no normal foot could wear them, not even slip inside.

As Caoco wandered Faerun in search of all the power she could grasp, she eventually found the Sword Coast…rejoicing the end of some tyranical figure ended by someone named [CHARNAME] Intrigued, she pursued information about this one, this “Hero of the Sword Coast”. Through over a month of research, she found a rumor that excited her beyond anything she had found so far upon Faerun…there were whispered rumors that the hero was the child of a God…a dead god...

Fate must have guided her to this place, for this was the opportunity she had been seeking for years. The child of a GOD? This one’s power must have been immense…and a tool worthy of being wielded.

Immediately, Caoco made plans to seek this Child of Bhaal out, but soon found that her quarry had completely disappeared. Unwilling to let opportunity slide through her fingers so easily, she scrounged together everything she had and saught powerful mage to divine a location…but the divination failed. Over and over, she spent just about everything she had amassed in pursuit.

But all efforts were in vain…until one day…

So, that's what I have so far on concept design. I'm outlining her quest now, and still pondering over romance options. So, I wouldn't mind feedback, do you think it sounds a little extreme? Or any other comments.

uhm, yeah.

Edited by Nightwoe, 18 January 2013 - 10:31 AM.

"Bestiae sumus, ut non bestiae simus." -Nashkel Headstone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friend: You're cats pretty muscle-y...what's his name?

Me: Sarevok.

Friend: "YOUR CAT'S A BHAALSPAWN???"

#2 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

If she's from Baator, shouldn't her AL be LE, not CE? Is there a specific reason why she'd be chaotic?

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

If she's from Baator, shouldn't her AL be LE, not CE? Is there a specific reason why she'd be chaotic?

Yes. She wasn't raised in Baator, she was there for a short time. She's kind of an outcast by birth. Her time in Baator was enough to fuel rage and desire for power, but she doesn't really understand the structure of the Nine Hells. That's why her wisdom is so low. I think I'm going to drop her intelligence as well, but probably only by one or two points, I want her to be intelligent enough to make sense of her scheming and manipulation tactics. She has spent years wandering Faerun at the point she reaches the Sword Coast.

Is that an efficient enough reasoning to change an inherent alignment, do you think?

Edited by Nightwoe, 18 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Looks like an original concept, well worth developing :)

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Cool, yeah, her alignment could be anything, since she's been on her own for so long, and has very specific interests. Did she live in one area in Faerun for long, or has she moved about much? Ever met any of the better-known personalities of the Realms? Has she any interest in the Blood War? Maybe worked for any of the Dark Eight or the Lords of the Nine? Been to any other planes besides Baator and the Prime Material Plane?

#6 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

You might want to increase her CON a bit. So, she's at least a half-fiend, right? Maybe she has some fiendish abilities?

#7 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Cool, yeah, her alignment could be anything, since she's been on her own for so long, and has very specific interests. Did she live in one area in Faerun for long, or has she moved about much? Ever met any of the better-known personalities of the Realms? Has she any interest in the Blood War? Maybe worked for any of the Dark Eight or the Lords of the Nine? Been to any other planes besides Baator and the Prime Material Plane?

In her interest to find as much power and tools granting power, she has wandered all over Faerun, she never stayed in one place long. Most recently she came from Icewind Dale...which she's pretty vocal about how much she HATED it. She despises the cold, as befits a devil born on Phlegethos. As for greater people of the Prime material, she does research before spending resources to approach anyone. She did some research on Elminster, but she dismissed him as a possibility for numerous reasons. That's pretty much all, (so far that I've come up with). The Blood War is part of the reason she left the Nine Hells, because her father was keen on throwing her into the middle of it. Though her blood-lust reveled at the thought of the incredible level of carnage, her ambition against her "family" pulled her head out of that haze. She never worked for any of the eight or the lords, BUT that might change, I need a way of building up her strength of arms besides the wandering of Faerun. Besides a brief escapade in the Abyss, (which lasted only days because of Tanar'ri swarming her immediatly after sensing she was Baatezu) she hasn't been anywhere outside the Hells and the prime material, but she plans on it after finding all she can on the prime.

AND as for fiendish abilites, I'm still chewing over that possibility. I don't want to over power her, but I was thinking I wanted her to have a fear aura and a unique ability to instant kill low level enemies that have been incapacitated with a sleep or command spell with her razor-like heels ONCE PER DAY.

I have no idea how to code that, though, lol. But that's just a thought. ALSO, the fear aura would affect only low levels, like I said, I don't want to over power her

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, some minor powers would be good, and not OP. Possibilities include, but are not limited to, poison immunity, elemental resistances, lesser spell resistance, damage reduction, smite, natural armor bonus to AC, a few spell-like abilities (maybe gained at various levels) usable once or a few times per day...bite attack probably wouldn't fit the character concept *L* Maybe claws, though, if she's got 'em, or this could be attached to her heel bones.

#9 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Appropriate spell-like abilities might be blindness, unholy blight, poison, contagion, horrid wilting, summoning fiendish creatures.

#10 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hmm, let me see, *flips through Monster Manual* Erinyes...Armor Class: 23 (+5 Dex, +8 natural) probably flip that around and nerf the natural bonus and scale the dex bonus to base score.

(By the way, she is half Erinyes, half unknown devil.)

I am thinking I want to give her a flaming composite bow, though. hmm...True seeing caster level 14th...constant, THAT'S op. perhaps a hybrid give like 3 times/day...but the skills list is more geared towards a rogue if made into a character instead of a monster.

Damage reduction 5/good, darkvision, immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, immune to darkness, spell resistance 20, true seeing.

skipped the irrelevant stuff. Considering nerfing these to apply to a half-breed, I'm still not sure what I want to do. I'm not giving her magic resistance of any kind, however, or the fire and acid immunity. Resistance to fire 10 or 20, perhaps.

#11 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

It's a cool character concept but I'm afraid she may come off as a bit *too* special and unique for BG2. Players dislike a character that steals the show from them, even if they have flaming bows.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#12 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

It's a cool character concept but I'm afraid she may come off as a bit *too* special and unique for BG2. Players dislike a character that steals the show from them, even if they have flaming bows.

That's exactly what I was afraid of, and why I wanted to suppress some of that devilish heritage. And I also want to add that I have no intention of stealing the light from the main character. Think more of Viconia. That's pretty much the presence I want Caoco to have. I havn't decided whether or not to run a romance track. Here's part of the idea behind the mod...Caoco is going to try to bring out the PCs bloody side (romance or not) in hopes of bringing them to full potential...and sway them to take their heritage by the horns. If the PC resists too much, she'll leave. As soon as Caoco learns that PC can take her fathers place, (or comes to theorize it) she realizes if she can gain favor with PC, she could be granted the power she needs, and perhaps even an army of the abyss. An unrealistic hope, but her aspirations are just as unrealistic.

#13 -Arconian-

-Arconian-

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

I like this idea, I like the idea that the Bhaalspawn meets someone who is not surprised by his heritage because she has seen it all. i do think she should get some low level powers though.

I'm just wondering if you did a romance how would you envision it? Her corrupting the PC or her and an evil PC just terrorizing Faerun together. Also would this romance be accessible for anyone or only for males/females of a certain alignment?

Anyway this idea sounds really good and I hope you continue with it.

#14 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Being a full fiend, as she is, she should have even more powerful powers than those I suggested! How 'bout smite, damage reduction, and elemental resistances?

Edited by Eric P., 19 January 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#15 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

That would be ridiculously overpowered. Please bring this idea back down to earth. Don't strap an extra set of booster rockets to it.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#16 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

That would be ridiculously overpowered. Please bring this idea back down to earth. Don't strap an extra set of booster rockets to it.

I agree completely. I'm keeping her basic...Fire Resistance 10 (MAYBE 20 as per an Erinyes' magic resistance would be), low level fear aura (level maximum not decided), low level instant kill once per day, (low level as in kobolds, orcs, etc.) WITH conditional of a sleep or command spell (if scriptable).

MAYBE a true sight spell. That's a BIG maybe, though Keldorn has 3/day per his kit, (or maybe that increased per level to a maximum of 3/day, can't remember). Like I said before, I don't want her overpowered and I don't want her abilities to stage up the PC.

[quote] I'm just wondering if you did a romance how would you envision it? Her corrupting the PC or her and an evil PC just terrorizing Faerun together. Also would this romance be accessible for anyone or only for males/females of a certain alignment? [quote]

Mmm... another portion I'm chewing over carefully...what I have envisioned so far is perhaps two tracks...One where the she "corrupts" the PC per say, succeeding in ushering the new herald of murder, and one where the PC convinces Caoco to forget the Nine Hells and continue wandering Faerun with PC, sharing in the bloodied travels. Mmm...Iffy, still mulling the possibilities over. 

If the romance goes through, then it will be for Male PCs of AT LEAST Neatral Evil...could expand to TN, but so far I can't come up with a decent reason why it would. Caoco will not join a Paladin. As soon as she approaches the party and feels the Paladins aura, she will leave. Might go the same way with Helm clerics.

Another thought process I have is her drive to corrupt...Mmm...she will attempt to corrupt good aligned characters, but she won't romance them. She respects strength and equal bloodlust. She would find Orc and Human warriors most appealing, moderate interest in Elves, little interest in halflings and dwarves.

[quote]Being a full fiend, as she is, she should have even more powerful powers than those I suggested![quote]

To be honest, I'm not sure what she would be considered. she's half Erinyes, half unknown devil. What that makes her, I'm not sure. I might just label her Half-Fiend and let it be.

#17 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

ALSO, I forgot to mention, a...well...sort of a friendship track for the female PC. Applicable to evil aligned female PCs only. the contents, however, I'm keeping top secret. SHH!

#18 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

You may want to consider going the tieflng route instead of full devil. I agree with theacefes that she's coming across as much too special right now. Hell, some of the delusions of power could probably still work with a tiefling if she's got aspirations to shed the nasty human heritage and become a full fiend at some point. And a CE full-blooded devil still strikes me as somewhat problematic; PS:T did something similar with their succubus, I suppose, but that game is all about paradoxes.

Also, why wouldn't she join the party of a Helmite cleric? A good-aligned cleric, sure, but Helm's LN. And would she not join the party of a PC paladin, or a party that has any paladin in it? Since if her issue is the paladin's aura, that should probably apply to any pally in the vicinity.

#19 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

She could also be a half-fiend, as I thought she might be earlier, and that would fit her concept more closely than if she was a tiefling.

#20 Nightwoe

Nightwoe

Smoke's lover <3

• 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

You may want to consider going the tieflng route instead of full devil. I agree with theacefes that she's coming across as much too special right now. Hell, some of the delusions of power could probably still work with a tiefling if she's got aspirations to shed the nasty human heritage and become a full fiend at some point. And a CE full-blooded devil still strikes me as somewhat problematic; PS:T did something similar with their succubus, I suppose, but that game is all about paradoxes.

Also, why wouldn't she join the party of a Helmite cleric? A good-aligned cleric, sure, but Helm's LN. And would she not join the party of a PC paladin, or a party that has any paladin in it? Since if her issue is the paladin's aura, that should probably apply to any pally in the vicinity.

AH! It's been too long since I looked those gods up, lol. You're right, Helm is LN, I was thinking Lathander! Actually, come to think of it, a Helmite willing to look past her devilish heritage would be a hell of a good point of interest to her, seeing as Helmites tend to borderline fanatical rather easily.

Also, I already thought of having another Paladin in the vicinity, but her goal is the PC, she doesn't care about who's following her. She's willing to deal with another paladin's aura by staying away from them, (difficult in party life, but conversational points of interest for sure). The paladin aura isn't the reason she would abandon her quarry, it would be a discovery. Feeling that aura would tell her it was a lost cause, as a Paladin is trained to battle demonic mind games. Does that mean they are immune to temptation? Hell no, but resistant, yes. If another Paladin is in the party, she would still feel the aura, but there's always the possibility she cold convince PC to get rid of them, and she knows this.

UGH...Tieflings...SO overdone...perhaps not in BG, but I'm sick of Tieflings. Also, it just doesn't fit.

Now, let me take another side trip and ask you a question...explain to me in detail the full difference between a Tiefling and a Half-Fiend.

Also, I don't mean to be defensive, but in this "too special" aspect, I don't see how this concept is much different then Haer'Dalis, OTHER then Caoco is holding on to her roots with vengeance, while Haer'Dalis roams aimlessly. I don't mean to say this with any grief, but please, explain yourselves on the extremity so I can understand where you are coming from.

OH, let me add, I had NO intention of making her a full blooded devil in the game, I agree on that extremity, that's like having a dog following you around, it's too much and doesn't flow with the game.

Edited by Nightwoe, 19 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NPC, Caoco