DSotSC Original Credits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -CuChoinneach-

-CuChoinneach-

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

DSotSC - Dark Side of the Sword Coast (1st Mod/Add-On)
This is the first unofficial expansion for BG/TotSC. It is aimed at a 9-12th level party. Includes 5 major quests, more powerful monsters, over 30 new areas, 100 new spells, over 70 new critters, 80 new weapons, armor and other items, 9 New NPCs to join your group, enhanced Original BG Quests and Encounters, experience cap raised to 20 million, and Level 40 rules pack is included (instead of the level 20 rules that come with BG/TotSC).

CuChoinneach was the guy who pulled together the first team to create the first Mod for BG, Dark Side of the Sword Coast. He recruited several people to help out, including Grog who had the original concept for the project, Banelord and many others. He designed all the quests and NPCs (except Jetlaya created by Grog) and items as well. Story was developed by CuChoinneach and Roach. DSotSC was originally released in 1999. DSotSC was created with the tools available at the time and hex editing!

Original Credits here: http://www.dsotsc.net/credits.html

#2 CuChoinneach

CuChoinneach
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Should have posted this with my forum account. :)

Designer/Director of the first unofficial add-in game modification for Baldur's Gate, "Dark Side of the Sword Coast".

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

From what I see, there were only generic credits to "TeamBG" in the readme, so I'll expand that, adding all credits regarding the original mod. If it's not a problem, I'd wait, before re-uploading, for a future version (at least, to see if new bugs arise from the latest relase); I'll fix that anyway in some time, with a silent release in case, if new releases are not planned soon.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Besides, I have some questions about things I've not understood in the package:

- who are Jenna and Morik? Some more NPCs, who were then discarded? Or were those portraits added later to the mod?

- I read, somewhere, that Keiria and Skeezer were supposed to only appear after clearing Nashkell mines. The current mod, though, makes them appear immediately, which is quite unbalanced. What is the intended behaviour? (This is for a next, greater update, which will probably not appear this year, and should also allow rebalancing the mod for the rest of BGT - the original, unnerfed content will still be available)

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg