A strange issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Attached File  Baldr000.bmp   3.75MB   336 downloads

I wonder if this is a bad issue for my game, even if right now it had no effects. What are these contingency for?

Here's my weidu.log, in the case someone has any idea of which mod could be causing this. Thanks for help
Attached File  WeiDU.log   23.77K   269 downloads

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Ha, the contingency spell is a spell that reserves a memorized spell to another, which will then allow it to be insta casted, just like the spell trigger in the advice in the same picture, usually the contingencies have a set specific condition when they are launched. Say 50% of the caster health can bring them back to full health if you put in healing spells... the game has a rule that allows only one of each spell to be casted on a character and the AI is trying to apply anther, the guestion is why. And more to the point; What AI are you using on the Anomen and Yoshimo ?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Ha, the contingency spell is a spell that reserves a memorized spell to another, which will then allow it to be insta casted, just like the spell trigger in the advice in the same picture, usually the contingencies have a set specific condition when they are launched. Say 50% of the caster health can bring them back to full health if you put in healing spells... the game has a rule that allows only one of each spell to be casted on a character and the AI is trying to apply anther, the guestion is why. And more to the point; What AI are you using on the Anomen and Yoshimo ?

it's not just imoen and Yoshimo. It was all my party.  Anyway I was using SCSII ai :)
I uninstalled the game, because it kept stuttering a lot when meeting mages. I will try with another configuration, but still it's a really weird issue, at least.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I uninstalled the game, because it kept stuttering a lot when meeting mages. I will try with another configuration, but still it's a really weird issue, at least.

Did you install the Generalized Biffing mod ? What about the ToBEx, and what version was it... and so forth hte 25 hints.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Did you install the Generalized Biffing mod ? What about the ToBEx, and what version was it... and so forth hte 25 hints.

Yes, I did, and I followed every info that's inside that topic :)

Just take a look to the weidu. I don't know why it lagged so much. I used the beta world setup to mod my baldur's gate (and so the generalized biffing is advised, and I had to install it). Take a look to the weidu, please, and let me know if you notice something that is out of place ;)

Edited by Sergio, 20 January 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#6 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

[edit: the issue reported in the first post, IE the "multiple contingencies ..." stuff, is a] Known issue with

~SETUP-TURAMBAR_FIXES_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration (a revision of BG2Tweaks code): v1.8.1

nothing serious, anyway; I unfortunately don't have so much time to fix it, so I don't know when I'll be able to release a new version

PS: please, put a more specific title, so that other people can find it useful

Besides, it's the wrong forum (see this pinned topic); please moderator/admin move to correct one.

Edited by Turambar, 20 January 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#7 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Thanks Turambar.

Anyway , I installed SCSII once again, I just removed the autocasting at begin for the mages. Now the stuttering is fixed, I've got no problems, and mages are still amazing :)

Could you check my new weidu?Attached File  WeiDU.log   21.59K   233 downloads

Edited by Sergio, 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.