Photo

Dace Bugs Thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 -Gabriel Watkins-

-Gabriel Watkins-

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Not exactly sure where to post this, so I just decided here would be best, sorry. I can't seem to find Dace anywhere, and when install it it will get to the audio, install that correctly, but stop at some 'Batch File' not being found. 

Is there a reason I can't find Dace? I started a new game and searched the Promenade high and low and am not sure if I am just being a dolt or there really is a problem. In the readme it says you will find her 'if you leave or enter through the lower archway of Waukeen's Promenade, where you can find her standing on the steps.'

'Lower Archway' is rather vague, but I have a feeling that if no one else had this much trouble finding her, something gone wrong, correct?

#22 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Try near the Adventurer's Mart. The batch file thing isn't an issue, just an unfortunate side effect of the way I implemented decoding. :)

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

And here I am, a total idiot, for as soon as I posted that, I found her. I apologize for being such a complete moron.

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

No problem! Have fun with the mod! :)

#25 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Interesting thing happened, was playing a new game, picked up Dace, and tried talking to her, (Didn't expect anything without the romance active) And got the notice, 'Dace appears busy.'

Annoyed, I went ahead and installed the patch 26498, and played again.

Daces name would not appear when I scrolled over her, nor her Bio, and when asked, she said, fully voiced(but not by the Dace voice actor.) "So! it has come to this!"

And the responces available were as shown here exactly,

1) Mysteria! Aid your humble servant.

2)...

3)...

4) I must fall back!

I'm not entirely convinced this is a bug caused by the mod itself, but my wonky game giving me trouble again. Really kinda sharing it for laughs.

Reinstalled the mod, now Dace will talk when selected again, but her name is no longer Dace, it is now:

"Well, when you force my hand like that, with you being so upset, and everything, I guess you can stay on.."

Her Bio appears to be a responce for when you break up with her.

I'm just going to Reinstall the game+Patch, then the mod. I'll report back after that :P

#26 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

You probably shouldn't reinstall your mod stack when playing through. ;) And you really shouldn't apply a game patch over mods! The correct way to do it is to uninstall everything, patch your game, install your mods, then start a new game. Just for future reference. :)

I hope you have fun with the mod once you get it working :D

#27 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yes, I thought that it was something that I had done, thanks.

And good to know about the installation order, will keep that in mind :P

#28 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Does Dace not have dialog when you throw her from the party?

There's currently no romance between me and her, and when I kick her out she'll walk up to me like she's going to say something, but won't. I also cannot talk to her myself afterwards.

Just a heads up, only found this cause I was curious as to what she'd say, considering her 'reasons' for being there. :P

#29 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm having the same problem as Beetle here, but I managed to get here to shut up by murdering her then bringing her back to life. just hope that no problems come from it down the road... :P

#30 -William Max-

-William Max-

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I just installed Dace and cannot find her in Waukeen's Promenade.  I've seached the entire Promenade and can't find her.  Help?

#31 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

She should be close by the Adventurer's Mart. :) Also, as mentioned, you'll need to start a new game in order to find her.

#32 -Bishop-

-Bishop-

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Just played through with Dace, and I gotta say, I really enjoyed her as a companion. Easily in my favourites. :)

With that said, I ran into these same bugs that Cal did too. Had 1.2 installed.

Couple more during the endgame.

Dace has an interjection after beating Mel for the first time (after which it goes to a brief cutscene where she retreats into the middle and the path to the first mana pool opens). Anyway, the interject interrupts this and the game just freezes there. The only way to get out of it is to Ctrl-Alt-Del or Alt-Tab out of it (or use the Windows key) and close it externally. Rather, uh, fatal. I managed to work around it by killing Dace (Ctrl-Y) so she was dead when Mel opened the first pool and couldn't interject. Then I resurrected her and the rest of the battle went as normal.

However, her epilogue screen did not appear afterwards. I don't know if this was tied to the battle or if there's a top or bottom thing missing in the code. I did read the epilogues in Infinity Explorer, but still, there it is.

Did the same thing, kill and ressurect. Still no epilogue though and couldn't find it on IE. :/
I don't suppose someone could post the text here? Was romancing Dace, and chose to reject godhood?

#33 -MissBehave-

-MissBehave-

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know if I'll run into that bug as well, but I'll let you know. I'm not romancing her.. or at least I don't think I am. I'm in a bonded path with Xan but I'm not sure she picks up on that. Anyways, she does proposition Anomen. Or Bunny. Over and over. Not in a loop, but randomly the same talk will appear. I think we've had it half a dozen times by now. I mean I know she's persistent but its word for word the same. Not a huge issue though, I just click through it now. And I've tried telling her in PID that Anomen's gross, so maybe that'll stop it from happening again. Though irl I think Anomen and Dace would be hillarious. Ehem.. anyways, she's a peach, love having her around. Thanks!

#34 -MissBehave-

-MissBehave-

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

So apparently she doesn't recognize the Xan romance, hence thinking my PC is single. She propositioned her the first time when we were resting outdoors, and was turned down gently, asking to remain friends. That worked fine. Unfortunately some time later when we entered the Five Flaggons Inn at night, it suddenly triggered what I can only figure is a morning after talk. Possibly a morning after a night that included drinking talk. So not only did she think we had just rested, but from the talk I gather there was drinking and then they spent the night together. Anyways. Again chose the 'lets remain friends' option. See how that goes...

#35 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I don't think Xan would mind, especially if they got him drunk enough, too, and he was allowed to peek and maybe participate. Ahem. Sorry. We've got some Dace-Xan crossmod content for the next version of Crossmod Banter Pack, but I am no good at writing conflicts/romance fights/other such talks, so I guess Dace's/Xan's non-bonded "Let's remain friends" options are a good way out here. :)

#36 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

So I just got back into BG, and had to reinstall everything (multiple times >.<) 

And with Dace I was curious to see what would happen if you imported straight into ToB with her, no romance, practically right after you picked her up.

The talk with Illasera went down, and Dace greeted her, Illasera tells dace her directions were crap, and the Dialog exits. No combat, talking to her again gets nothing done, and killing her to proceed prompts no dialog from Dace.

Not sure if intentional (Probably not), or if it's just not been added yet.

#37 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Dace's sword, hellcat, will get locked some point in the game, and it will sit in the weapon slots, but she won't be able to select it.

I know you made it that the sword is locked to Dace for story reasons, but could you not just make it so it's restricted to Dace and you can't sell it? Because now she only has one weapon slot available and it's quickly getting frustrating. Thanks.  

#38 rawrieatchu

rawrieatchu
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

(I should really just make a list so I can keep this in one post... XD)

After recruiting Dace, if you kick her out, she'll walk up to you but no dialogue will pop up, this might only happen if no romance is active, not sure.

To see what the dialogue was when you kicked Dace out of the party in ToB with the full romance, the first time I did so she walked up to me, and casually asked if I was ready to get going again, and I said yes, and she rejoined no problem. I also gained 2000 gold. (Most likely because of the money given earlier.)

I thought that was odd, so I removed her again, and what was most likely the intentional dialogue popped up, Dace asking you to not kick her out and all that, and so I agreed I wouldn't, and she was happy, but she didn't rejoin the party, and talking to her again brought up the same dialogue. And if you tell her that you aren't joking, she'll just permanently leave like she said she would. Sorta annoying that if you do this the only possible outcome is Dace leaving the party forever (Unless you Ctrl+Q her to force her to rejoin, and everything seems alright, flirt menu popping up fine and all that, but I imagine that it would have negative impact on the epilogue.)

#39 Pretsal

Pretsal
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Did the same thing, kill and ressurect. Still no epilogue though and couldn't find it on IE. :/
I don't suppose someone could post the text here? Was romancing Dace, and chose to reject godhood?

Had the same problem when i reached that point, tried killing and ressing and that did let it skip the dialogue with mellisan but likewise i cant get the epilogue to work.

#40 -Barden-

-Barden-

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

umm hello, i'm not really sure where to post this. I downloaded the Dace mod a few weeks ago. When i went to unpack it using my .rar program (I belive it is called .rar frog) When it got to 85% unpacked it came up saying it had failed and couldn't get all of it. i downloaded it three more times a since then and it has always done the same thing. I don't think it's the rar frog bc I have opened tons of other stuff and never had this happen. Could someone please help me here and tell me how to fix this?