Photo

Dace Bugs Thread

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 -Psychotic Deformity-

-Psychotic Deformity-

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

Can't get the epilogue to show either :(

Several people have posted about this issue and it keeps getting ignored, please someone post screenshots or texts or whatever, it would be really helpful.

I tried using Near Infinity but read them but to no avail... her epilogue file mentions a stringref of 99999 but when searching for this I get some random item description :s

Anyway, this was one of the best NPC mods I've played and I would hate not to be able to get the epilogue.

#62 Sergio

Sergio
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Another bug. After Dace is abducted by Bodhi, you can't drop her. Because when you remove her, she will come to you telling a romance dialogue and there is no choice that makes you able to drop her.

Edited by Sergio, 30 August 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#63 -Urborg Vengrath-

-Urborg Vengrath-

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

I'm restarting BG 2 after a long interruption in my game.Anyway, I've gotten the same dialog from Dace twice (so far). It is the one where she asks about your education in at Candlekeep and mentions how she and her sister shortened their names.

#64 -Urborg Vengrath-

-Urborg Vengrath-

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

Apologies for the double posting. However I cannot recall my password and the password recovery system doesn't like me right now, so I couldn't edit my previous post.

After a battle Dace was KOed/killed. I then went to tried to go to sleep at the Copper Coronet planning to use a newly memorized resurrection spell to bring her back rather than pay a priest.  I'm cheap like that. Unfortunately the game crashed . After a could more tries, and subsequent crashed, I went a priest, resurrected her, then sleep at the Mithrest Inn. The game didn't crash.

#65 -Ordil-

-Ordil-

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:13 AM

I have had the same bug as some others: after picking her up , I went to Trademeet (where I had already finished the quest:  I just went looking for Mazzy because I wanted her to go with me on brynnlaw island where spellhold is [not sure the island name is correct, I never memorised it from the 17 years I play this game...] and I had the bug where she is in the party, I have her portrait, but the character herself was gone.

I had to use the fix I found her to make her "reappear". I downloaded this weekend the mod so I guess I have the last version.

#66 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1684 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

In v3, all reported bugs are fixed. Only these I could not reproduce:

-Dace repeating dialogues

-Dace cannot be kicked out of the party after being abducted because wrong dialogue kicks in

-Missing 2 * and Missing saving throws (I have absolutely no idea about these things, feel free to provide corrected cre files)

Changes of v3:

- last line in "clean your face" flirt restored (wrong tra reference)

- Edwin's Nether Scroll quest: Edwin will no longer turn hostile after Dace's interjection (added passback line to original character)

- fixed Dace-Sarevok interaction in ToB

- moved interjection from end-Melissan to earlier dialogue state so it doesn't screw the cutscene

- kickout and rejoin dialogue should work

- optimized dialogue trigger scripts (no timers in the dialogue triggers, !See([ENEMY]) etc in the activation script block, etc)

- optimimized order of actions in dialogues (EscapeArea() at the end of actions etc.)

- switched mixed-up DAMAGE and HURT lines

- removed Yoshimo's sound references from Dace's cre files

- Dace's higher level cres now use THIEF_FEMALE_HUMAN avatar, too

- first lines of banters weren't traified

- last Viconia's banter didn't use the correct dlg

- removed Undroppable flag from cre files Hellcat item reference (Dace should be able to equip the weapon after she died).

- Watcher's Keep interjections should trigger correctly and not end abruptly

- added STATE_NOTVALID trigger to dream script so hopefully CTD upon resting with Dace dead in Party doesn't occur again

- added "See("xxx")" to all interjections

- added "Global("T#Dace_WasInParty","GLOBAL",1)" if Dace was in party and changed her reappearances to MoveGlobal in case she was in party before.

- interjection into Illasera if in party will no longer end abruptly

- the whole "Dace and Illasera" scenarios should work as intended

- if not in party and not friendly: cutscene will spawn Dace near Illasera to prevent her from walking while Illasera is already attacking the PC

- fixed wrong DV call "Dace" for check whether Dace can talk (banter and rest talks)

- epilogues fixed (EXTEND_TOP + Continue())

- fixed references to t#dace25.cre and corrected tob dlg and script patching

- added missing copy of t#dace14.cre

- EET compatibility added

- updated ids patching

- added REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~dace.tp2~ to optional portrait component

- update to WeiDU v246

#67 StefanO

StefanO
  • 21 posts

Donator

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

Dave joins my party right at the beginning. As a thief she should have 4 pips but she only has 2. Is this a bug or intended?

#68 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1684 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

You picked the one bug I didn't fix. :) This is either a bug or an oversight. I am not sure I can solve it. If someone wants to provide a corrected cre file (three, to be precise), I will integrate them.

#69 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1684 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

Update to v4 with Creepin's cre files fixes:

- Proficiency pips fixed for t#dace8, t#dace12 and t#dace14;

- Saving throws fixed for t#dace8 and t#dace14;

- THAC0 fixed for t#dace14;

- HP fixed for t#dace8, t#dace12 and t#dace14.cre.

Thank you, Creepin!

This means that all reported reproducible bugs are fixed. It's time for new bug reports! :)

#70 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1684 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

And another update to v5 with more creature fixes by Creepin: XP values according to Dace's level, sex (female), and amount of thieving points. Also, distribution of thieving points was adjusted with regards to Dace's kit (Bounty Hunter).