Photo

Lock-up Issue at Game Ending

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cyronax

cyronax
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

It seems from GOG's forums that I'm not the only one this has happened to.  I've reached the end of the game and dealt with the Practical Incarnation.  When TNO attempts to resurrect someone he walks slightly downward and right, uses the Raise Dead ability, and stops.  The camera, however, continues to slide right and down until it reaches the bottom corner of the visible area where it stays, locking up the game.  Being a non-CG cut scene, the controls are disabled while this happens; the only way out of this seems to be shutting the whole game down.

I've installed all four mods found here according to the instructions also given here.  Having played Torment before back when I owned the physical discs, I have beaten the game before and know what to do to get each of the endings.  I've tried many different combinations of text during the final conversation trying to avoid this problem, but any line that leads to a resurrection causes this.  I've attached my WeiDU; I would attach the save game file too, but I'm being told I'm not permitted to upload that kind of file.

Since I've beaten the game before this isn't a huge issue for me, but it would be nice to watch the ending one more time.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

cyronax's save

Attached Files

#3 aqrit

aqrit
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

The various mods do muck around with raise dead, and "dead" vars in general...

Anyone have a save at the end where this doesn't happen?

Since I stuck my nose in, I felt obligated to take a peek at this...

In 1204A0.BCS Annah is dead... but it calls
MoveViewObject("Annah",VERY_FAST)

which eventually gets passed along to sub_00545A76 // scroll viewport
which wants the top-left at { 1492,1823 } but the max it can scroll in this area is { 1920, 1641 }
... where does it locate the object/creature "Annah" ?

the ReallyForceSpellLevel("Annah",CLERIC_RAISE_DEAD,9) fails. ( out of range??? or something more sinister? )

so then it hangs when it tries to CutSceneId("Annah"), I assume because Annah is still dead.

edit:just-in-case its useful

sub_004D364E // Raise Dead Spell FX

Edited by aqrit, 30 January 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#4 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

@cyronax: Do you have a save game before party dies? 

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#5 cyronax

cyronax
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

@cyronax: Do you have a save game before party dies? 

I do, but it's back a bit at the start of the Fortress.

Attached Files

#6 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

That's fine. I think PC NPC objects state get messed up somehow. I have idea how to fix the saved game but need to do more testing.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#7 -DartsiniZ-

-DartsiniZ-

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I have a similar problem at the endgame where the game hangs when TTO teleport away to investigate the escaped shadows. The game hangs at the swirling animation which keep swirling forever. The game is still responsive in that you can alt+f4 out.