Any solution to get the movies sizes back with PS:T UI 2.2 ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Eureka-

-Eureka-

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

Everything is in the title, I would have liked to know if it was possible to restore the original size of the in-game movies.

The main reason is that, as a non-US player who plays on a US version with modified TLK Dialog files, subtitles are not easily readable anymore.

(I assume that it can be a problem for other non-US players too)

The second one is a more personnal feeling that the movies don't really take benefit being stretched.

Is there any plan to add this feature as an optionnal choice for future releases ?

Is there anything I can do to modify this ?

Thanks in advance

By the way, great job !!!

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Sure.

Go into the GhostDog's-PST-UI\TPH directory, open exe_patch.tph with a word editor like notepad and do a search for Stretch Movies. You'll find 3 entries. Go to the offset underneath each entry and put   //  in front, to nullify it. It should look like this :

// Stretch Movies :

//  WRITE_LONG 0x0003F522 0x9090006A

Remember to do this with all 3 entries. If at some point you want the movies to stretch again, simply remove the // .

If I ever release a new version I'll make the stretching optional.

Edited by ghostdog, 24 January 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#3 -Kat-

-Kat-

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for this reply.

I really like this GUI mod, but don't like the movie stretching either. The movies are now out of proportion, and when getting to the first in-game screen (where you can create a new life), the movie's last frame still flickers in the background if you didn't let it finish.

An optional stretch would be perfect :)

#4 Belanos

Belanos
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

So I tried your suggestion for reverting the movies but it didn't work, they're still coming out stretched. I think they would look a lot better at their original size.

PS: Nevermind, I didn't reinstall the mod. It's working now.

Edited by Belanos, 22 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.