npc's dead in bg1 and what that means for bg2.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

hello, i'm currently playing a mega install and attempting a no reload run, i've had to kill edwin in bg1 since i took him dyna and minsc to that red wizard place. (i think part of this is bg1npc) so im wondering if now that he is dead in bg1, will he even show up in bg2? i know he is tied to a quest in there and i'm wondering if this will affect the thieves guild in anyway.

maybe i suck at searching but i cant seem to find a clear answer to this. the readme suggests that only party members in the group at the transition point will carry status over but does not make it clear if that counts prior dead or not.

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

He'll show up in BG2. In fact, there is even a dialogue response where you can ask him, "Shouldn't you be dead?" It shows up regardless of whether he was dead or alive at the end of BG1, and his answer is pure Edwin. So don't worry, you can still do the Thieves' Guild quests in BG2.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thank you, I can continue on without worry!