Photo

Impossible to play this mod

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm referring to the fact that Ninde keeps asking me if she should leave the party instead of doing her romance talk.

I think something is definitely messed up.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Are you in SoA or ToB? Is lovetalk music playing when she tries to leave the party?

Also, what's your reputation? I didn't think it made a difference to her, but it's possible that she's freaking out about rep 20 or something like that.

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Are you in SoA or ToB? Is lovetalk music playing when she tries to leave the party?

Also, what's your reputation? I didn't think it made a difference to her, but it's possible that she's freaking out about rep 20 or something like that.

I'm in Soa, in the Underdark.

Also, I've got reuptation 20. Is that bad? :P

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, she's an evil character. You can't take along an evil character with rep 20 :P

#5 rbx4

rbx4
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Also, did you happen to advance RealTime or otherwise try to hurry up the romance before the Underdark talks are over? I haven't been able to successfully hurry things up until the Underdark talks and the Encounter are over. I'll definitely confirm that it's possible to play this mod, having played through it several times, as long as it's played as intended.

Edited by rbx4, 07 February 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#6 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, she's an evil character. You can't take along an evil character with rep 20 :P

Yeah, but I read that Ninde shows his best if you are a good character, that's why I took her.

And so I've discovered what was the problem for Xulaye. That's why she asked to leave the group. Because I had a reputation of 20 and she is evil.

Also, did you happen to advance RealTime or otherwise try to hurry up the romance before the Underdark talks are over? I haven't been able to successfully hurry things up until the Underdark talks and the Encounter are over. I'll definitely confirm that it's possible to play this mod, having played through it several times, as long as it's played as intended.

Nono , I didn't do that.

#7 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I sort of hate to say this, but in this case perhaps Shadowkeeper will be your best friend in adjusting your rep.  Or, maybe you can "accidentally" kill a commoner to lower it?  See what others think first, but maybe your game can be salvaged. 

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#8 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

If you're already in the Underdark, randomly going Slayer change should knock off a couple of those reputation points whenever necessary. Unless there are some non-reputational nasty side effects to that which I don't know about.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

I sort of hate to say this, but in this case perhaps Shadowkeeper will be your best friend in adjusting your rep.  Or, maybe you can "accidentally" kill a commoner to lower it?  See what others think first, but maybe your game can be salvaged. 

IIRC, reputation is only checked in game when it changes, so merely altering your rep with Shadowkeeper may not be enough. Then again, Shadowkeeper can be set up to preserve the original saved game, so you have nothing to lose by trying it. If it works, great. If not, you can do the Slayer Change or you can try something else.

I've been looking at this thread and resisting the urge to make a recommendation because I find it kinda obnoxious when modders aggressively promote their own mods, but if I can save the OP a little frustration, I'll risk allegations of arrogance. Most of the components of b!tweaks are silly and unnecessary, but Bardic Reputation Adjustment may help you keep your evil companions from leaving or refusing to join. For a nominal fee, a bard outside the Five Flagons will spread defamatory rumors about your PC, dropping your reputation by 1-3 points. The component may be installed without bothering with the rest of the nonsense in the mod. The reputation change is instantaneous, and can be repeated after the bard makes his rounds and returns, three days later.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

IIRC, reputation is only checked in game when it changes, so merely altering your rep with Shadowkeeper may not be enough. Then again, Shadowkeeper can be set up to preserve the original saved game, so you have nothing to lose by trying it. If it works, great. If not, you can do the Slayer Change or you can try something else.

I've been looking at this thread and resisting the urge to make a recommendation because I find it kinda obnoxious when modders aggressively promote their own mods, but if I can save the OP a little frustration, I'll risk allegations of arrogance. Most of the components of b!tweaks are silly and unnecessary, but Bardic Reputation Adjustment may help you keep your evil companions from leaving or refusing to join. For a nominal fee, a bard outside the Five Flagons will spread defamatory rumors about your PC, dropping your reputation by 1-3 points. The component may be installed without bothering with the rest of the nonsense in the mod. The reputation change is instantaneous, and can be repeated after the bard makes his rounds and returns, three days later.

Thank you a lot! really interesting. I tried to lower with shadowkeeper my reputation and it worked (at least for now). I will install that component, it seems really interesting.

#11 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

ok, two more things.

The first one is that Ninde seems to have only one dialogue that continuosly pops up in the party, the one with Imoen (where imoen says that she is beautiful) , and the one with Jaheira where Ninde asks how Khalid could love her because she is boring.
And then no more dialogues.

Second thing: could a button to speed up romance be added? I mean , you can already click on Ninde to ask her a question, couldn't you add a third button to make you progress the romance asap?

I don't even know how far I am in the romance, and waiting for dialogues to pop up is kinda boring. The last dialogue I had was before sleeping, Ninde came to me and said that she is not able to love me. How far I am into the romance? How many dialogues before the romance is over? The only thing left to me is going to Suldanesselar... and waiting for Ninde dialogue to pop up is boring!

Edited by Sergio, 08 February 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#12 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Berelinde, I wasn't aware of that component since I've never read up on b!tweaks.  It sounds terrific!  Ugh...and here I've used SK a few times.  The BRA is much better than fiddling with things in SK:)

Sergio, I don't know about speeding up her talks.  It could be that you are basically at the end of your romance for the SOA portion.  If you use the console to speed up time, it could work - or it could ruin things.  Ninde's Readme says that there are 17 dedicated LoveTalks.  Maybe you did them all for where you are and need to go to Sulden... the Elven City.  Don't forget that you can leave Sulden... the Elven City before completing it.  You can make a save and try to console to speed talks, but I've heard that that isn't always good.  If you are desperate, you can try CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime("999999") to see if there are any dialogues that are left to trigger.  But if you can, just leave the game on pause and see if anything pops up after, say, half an hour. 
I do understand the boring part of waiting.  I've played this game a zillion times myself.  So, good luck!  Let us know how you fare.  Just don't forget to SAVE before trying anything!  :)

Edited by Setepenre, 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#13 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Berelinde, I wasn't aware of that component since I've never read up on b!tweaks.  It sounds terrific!  Ugh...and here I've used SK a few times.  The BRA is much better than fiddling with things in SK:)

Sergio, I don't know about speeding up her talks.  It could be that you are basically at the end of your romance for the SOA portion.  If you use the console to speed up time, it could work - or it could ruin things.  Ninde's Readme says that there are 17 dedicated LoveTalks.  Maybe you did them all for where you are and need to go to Sulden... the Elven City.  Don't forget that you can leave Sulden... the Elven City before completing it.  You can make a save and try to console to speed talks, but I've heard that that isn't always good.  If you are desperate, you can try CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime("999999") to see if there are any dialogues that are left to trigger.  But if you can, just leave the game on pause and see if anything pops up after, say, half an hour. 
I do understand the boring part of waiting.  I've played this game a zillion times myself.  So, good luck!  Let us know how you fare.  Just don't forget to SAVE before trying anything!  :)

I tried to, but it didn't work well. At the end I had just to drop Ninde for Minsc...