I'm in love with HK-47, and I mean it!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

ALL THOSE YEARS HE EXISTED AND I DIDN'T KNOW!!!

He's PERFECT! I want to hug him and make babies with him although I hate babies make a HK-47 robot factory together! Everyone must have its own HK-47.

And it may be blasphemy, but he's better than Shale and Qara combined.

We're going to have so much fun together! 

But I'm not your master.
Qualification: You are my master, master. Did you not purchase me legitimately? Am I stolen goods? Shall I report myself to the authorities?

Analysis: Reference: Lippy... argumentative, disputatious, contentious, quarrelsome... What??? I must object, master; this is untrue!

Commentary: I mean... nice human, goo-oood human...

You gotta love him. (hug) MINE!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Uuh, you have missed a lots until now... are you going to play both of the games ? I hope you do in the original order by the way... As the first game is considerably better at lest in the story-vise.

Well, OK, the fan made editorial of the second game promises to bring some good things back (haven't gotten to the good parts on it... it has the symptoms similar as the ME3 without the Extended Cut DLC  <_<  <_<  <_<  ).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Well, Shale at least is pretty much a nicer golem version of HK-47 and both are awesome and hilarious.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

My first reaction to this thread was "well, um, duuuuuuh!"  :D  I love HK-47 in KotOR.  He's a refreshing change of pace, extremely well-written.  All dialogues with him are just, well, better.  More hilarious.

Well, OK, the fan made editorial of the second game promises to bring some good things back (haven't gotten to the good parts on it... it has the symptoms similar as the ME3 without the Extended Cut DLC  <_<  <_<  <_<  ).

I haven't gotten around to playing KotOR 2 with the restored content... :( I blame the pile.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#5 Nilfalasiel

Nilfalasiel
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

To me, HK-47 is the single best thing about KotOR. Well, him and Canderous (why is he not romanceable, but Carth "Bitchmaster McWhine" Onasi is? :()They're the only reason I'd consider replaying that game, because otherwise? I found it rather boring...

They're also the only reason I'm going to bother with KotOR II. Admittedly, I haven't started it yet, but I've got my own pile holding me back.

#6 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

I am going to try both Kotor 2 and Kotor 2 with the fans's expansion eventually. But I'm having way too much fun with Kotor1 now; I might even replay it.

And... it's amazingly amazing, and I never expected this, but there's another character I think I came to like as much, if not more - Jolee Bindo. When I read his description, I was like "pfeh, who needs him? We've got Bastila and that yellow-eyed girl already, why another Jedi? And he's old!" But he slowly grew on me, and I like him a lot. (And, well, HK-47 is nearly silent on Manaan, and Jolee has a long quest there).

Naturally, I found out that Carth, HK-47 and Jolee were all written by the same person. Guess who? 

#7 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Wild guess...  David Gaider?  :D  (ok, maybe not so wild)

I love all three of those characters.  Jolee is just absolutely wonderful, especially when you start scratching the surface and uncovering all of his backstory.  Wow, just wow.  Really says a lot about who he is.

And Carth...  Well, dear Carth, I'm going to try and not sound like a rabid fan girl, but.  Ack, I just love that character.  And the scenes for him in KotOR 2 if you've romanced him in KotOR 1...  Just melts my heart, every - single - time.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#8 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

HK-47 is even better in Kotor II. It's a more thoughtful take on the character, thought still hilarious. The second game is definitely worth playing - in terms of writing and art design, it's vastly superior to the original.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

HK-47 is even better in Kotor II. It's a more thoughtful take on the character, thought still hilarious. The second game is definitely worth playing - in terms of writing and art design, it's vastly superior to the original.
Well, I'll say that the lack of the factoryTM put a real dent on the character, and the whole finishing of the game is baaaad... I wish I had enough time to actually play it through again. Maybe one of these days.
I am going to try both Kotor 2 and Kotor 2 with the fans's expansion eventually. But I'm having way too much fun with Kotor1 now; I might even replay it.
The game is really well designed to be played at least twice around ... so I do recommend that. What have you done and how far have you gotten to? I bet the story still has some loops to throw at you..and we don't want to spoil them for you. :D

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 February 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

While installing TSLRCM, don't forget the M4-78 Enhancement Project, which was developed by the same team.

#11 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

And... it's amazingly amazing, and I never expected this, but there's another character I think I came to like as much, if not more - Jolee Bindo. When I read his description, I was like "pfeh, who needs him? We've got Bastila and that yellow-eyed girl already, why another Jedi? And he's old!" But he slowly grew on me, and I like him a d, well, HK-47 is nearly silent on Manaan, and Jolee has a long quest there).

Those are my two favorite NPCs in KotOR, as well. I absolutely despise Carth, though.

Like Lysan, I liked how HK-47 was portrayed in K2 better, and much prefer TSL over the first game, even in its incomplete vanilla incarnation.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#12 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I absolutely despise Carth, though.

Banhammer!!! ;)

Agreed, HK was extremely interesting in KotOR 2, and it's a shame that they didn't put the factory in the game.  As for preferring KotOR 2 over KotOR 1...  I'm not sure, I think I still prefer the first one, but maybe that's because I'm a sucker for huge, epic "save the world" stories.  That being said, KotOR 2 really shone in that it didn't need to be that huge and epic, and yet it still had a very strong narrative.  Darth Traya still gives me shivers...

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#13 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I had the Moment, by the way. Naturally, I was spoiled(and even named my character appropriately), but I'm glad I was spoiled - I wanted more focus on the moment, but instead everyone said their reaction to The Moment, and it was over... sort of. And your character has a very limited number of reactions to the Moment - especially if he she is on the Light Side.

Malak: Hello, you are about to have The Moment.

The Moment happens.

Protagonist: ???

Protagonist: !!!

Bastila: No, The Moment, NOooooo! It is all my fault!

Carth: I cannot trust you! The Moment! But I never trusted you anyway, so never mind. By the way, let's find my son.

Jolee: Ah, the Moment. Well, I knew all along. All you need is love.

Canderous Ordo: The Moment, man! This is way cooler than piloting Basilisks! Let me shake your hand, man! Respect!

Juhani: (is enamored of the Moment)

HK-47: MASTER! The Moment, master! By the way, Malak is a meatbag.

Mission: Ah, who cares about some stupid Moment, anyway. Me and Big Z are with you!

T3-M4: Beep-beep-beep-boop!

EDIT: Okay, I take some of my words about the Moment back: I decided to visit Korriban, the world with the Sith Academy, the last, and my knowledge of the Moment was precious: new dialogue responses and all that. I nearly fell under the table laughing at least twice.

Edited by Kulyok, 20 February 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#14 Nilfalasiel

Nilfalasiel
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Malak: Hello, you are about to have The Moment.

The Moment happens.

Protagonist: ???

Protagonist: !!!

Bastila: No, The Moment, NOooooo! It is all my fault!

Carth: I cannot trust you! The Moment! But I never trusted you anyway, so never mind. By the way, let's find my son.

Jolee: Ah, the Moment. Well, I knew all along. All you need is love.

Canderous Ordo: The Moment, man! This is way cooler than piloting Basilisks! Let me shake your hand, man! Respect!

Juhani: (is enamored of the Moment)

HK-47: MASTER! The Moment, master! By the way, Malak is a meatbag.

Mission: Ah, who cares about some stupid Moment, anyway. Me and Big Z are with you!

T3-M4: Beep-beep-beep-boop!

:lol:  :lol: You forgot Zaalbar.

Zaalbar: Rrrrooorrrwoooo? Wooorrroorrr!

By the way, I do like Jolee as well, goofy ol' codger that he is.