Wraith/Shadow and spellcasting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

According to the source I use to check consistency between P&P AD&D rules and BG rules for monsters (link), this type of monster isn't supposed to use spells. However BP gives them some nasty spells along with the AI to use them.

What is your stance on that? Is it going to stay?

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Well, I can't speak for horred but I don't think it's too out of character for the *occasional* wraith to cast spells, just like the occasional vampire or other high-level undead can do if they were spellcasters when alive. But like I said, I'll defer to the mod author on that one.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

For solo PCs, mere shadows are deadly foes. Their "Maze" is instakill without save, and their "blindness" is cumbersome.
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.