Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

thumb-86c26db735dbaed64b6345d454c5f85e-b
File Name: W_PackMule for BG:EE
File Submitter: Kwiat_W
File Submitted: 10 Mar 2013
File Category: BG:EE Mods

Pack Mule mod for BG:EE
Version 1.2
Creator: Kwiat_W (kwiatw.e[at]gmail.com)
Languages supported: Polish, English, German, Italian, French

CONTENTS
I. Overview
II. Installation and uninstallation
III. Known issues
IV. Acknowledgments
V. Version history

I. OVERVIEW

This mod adds a pack mule to the game. It will follow your party around and carry your equipment for you. To access the mule's inventory, talk to it and select appropriate option. The mule will try to avoid combat. However, it will defend itself if forced to. It cannot die. When badly injured, the mule will escape the area of combat and return when it's safe.
If you ever lose your pack mule (or you forget where you left it), you can use the "Call your pack mule" special ability. You can also use it to summon the mule into places where it wouldn't normally follow you (inside buildings, sewers and other such areas).

IMPORTANT NOTE: The game will not recognize items the mule carries as being in party possession.

You can buy the mule from a guy named Stedd, who can be found in the courtyard of the Friendly Arm Inn. Haggle with Stedd to buy the mule at the best possible price.

In the mule's spell menu, you can find three abilities you can use quickly to give orders to your pack mule. Those abilities are:
- Follow: this orders the mule to follow your party around
- Stop following: the mule stops following your party but will move with you to the next area
- Stay: the pack mule will become a neutral character (making it unselectable); it won't follow you and won't move to the next area until you talk to it and change this order

II. INSTALLATION AND UNINSTALLATION

Install this mod after any mods that add outdoor or dungeon areas to the game.

To install the Pack Mule mod, extract the archive content to your BG:EE main directory and run "install-w_packmule.bat".
The mod will be installed only for the english language. To install the mod for other laguage follow the instructions below:
a) Polish language
Open the "install-w_packmule.bat" with a text editing program, delete the first line, uncomment the second. Save and run the .bat file.
b) German, Spanish or French language
Open the "install-w_packmule.bat" with a text editing program, delete the first line, uncomment the second and replace all instances of "pl_PL" with your language code (de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR). Save and run the .bat file.
c) Czech Language
Replace all instances of "en_US" with "cs_CZ". Save and run the .bat file.

To reinstall or uninstall the mod, run "install-w_packmule.bat" again.

III. KNOWN ISSUES

Sometimes the pack mule's shadow can face other directions than the mule.

IV. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Thanks to:
Berelinde - for writing the "joining" dialogue
Miloch - for proofreading
ilot - for italian translation
Graoumf - for french translation
Gerri - for german translation

Tools used in the creation of this mod:
WeiDU by Wes Weimer and the bigg - http://weidu.org/
DLTCEP by Avenger - http://forums.gibber...p?showforum=137
BAM Workshop 1 by Glenn Flansburg - http://www.sorcerers...dding/index.php
BAM Workshop 2 by Andrew Bidges - http://www.sorcerers...dding/index.php

V. VERSION HISTORY
1.2 (10.03.2013)
- first release for BG:EE

Click here to download this file

Edited by Kwiat_W, 09 June 2014 - 04:52 AM.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#2 -darkly180-

-darkly180-

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Godsend on BG1EE, does it work on BG2EE? Thanks!

#3 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Not yet, but after the coming weekend I will release an update that will make it work.

icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#4 -darkly180-

-darkly180-

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Great to hear, thanks!

#5 -darkly180-

-darkly180-

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi, can I check if the mod is almost ready for BG2EE? Thanks!

#6 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

The mod is already working with bg2ee, I haven't released it yet cause I want to add a small new feature, but I didn't yet have time to do so.

#7 -darkly180-

-darkly180-

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Installed without problems, but could not find Stedd in Waukeen's Promenade. Used the console to bring him and the mule in, after a bit of haggling, the mule was mine for 1000GP. So far so good, will let you know if anything weird happens!

#8 -LimeHat-

-LimeHat-

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

No issues installing.

Found Stedd, haggled him down nicely, but right after it extracts the money from my inventory, the game crashes.

#9 -LimeHat-

-LimeHat-

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

A little more info.  Crashed with "standard saddlebags"  I tried reinstalling a few times, no change.
Once I uninstalled, and then reinstalled with bottomless bags, it didn't crash.

#10 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

I will do it this weekend or earlier if I will have time to look at the mod.

#11 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

I have uploaded new version HERE.

From now on there will be one version of the mod for all Baldur's Gate games (enhanced or not). This version, that was meant only for BG1:EE will be discontinued.

#12 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Wait, are you telling me no more pack mules for BG1:EE?

I want my pack mules on bg1 + bg2 + tob ( both EE and non-ee editions ) :(

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

Wait, are you telling me no more pack mules for BG1:EE?

I want my pack mules on bg1 + bg2 + tob ( both EE and non-ee editions ) :(

Ha no, you just use the current version, this in BG1EE. It supports all the games except the BG1(cause the animation is likely impossible to reproduce in the very first engine), so the BG1EE is included in those.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#14 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

Is the author still around? Could they, or somebody fix this current container name/misplaced dialog bug in BG1EE? (I'm not sure if it exists in BG2EE)

Potion Case:

Baldr000.png

Scroll Case:

Baldr001.png

Gem Bag:

Baldr002.png

I love, love, love the Pack Mule, but this bug is kinda distracting.