Ring Free Action Web MegaMod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hi, All!

I've just found some strange thing: my Ring of Free Action +2 got from Thalantyr seems not working. I have MegaMod tactic installation with PnP Free Action mod installed. But Giant Spiders are throwing web onto my character and he is throwing saving throws and eventually fails it. I've looked into spder script and found that it uses DW#WEB spell. My ring have protection from spell 'dw#web' in equipping effects, but it just not working.

Any suggestions, how to fix this or even where to look?

#2 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I've got similar, possibly the same issue: my generic Rings of Free Action doesn't protect from web, either from spiders or traps. I figured it was due to Web overhaul, perhaps by Galactygon's Spell Pack, so I figured I'd just revert to vanilla web for the sake of simplicity.

I've checked related areas for trap scripts to find out web traps were shooting SPWI215.SPL, so I just dropped vanilla SPWI215.SPL into override. However, I was too lazy at that moment to try to think of the way to find out what spell did spiders use, but since you already found it out, easiest thing to do is to take vanilla SPWI215.SPL, rename it to DW#WEB.SPL and drop it to override as well. At least, that's what I'm going to do right away :)

Edited by Creepin, 19 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thank you! :-) It helped. Found by change-log spwi215.spl backed up by SpellpackB6's 'Web' component and dropped it to override.

Bad thing, but I think it is bug that should be reported somehow, but don't know where to do that.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

SpellPack is hosted at http://forums.blackw...hp?showforum=50 though I haven't visited there since the Time of Troubles.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ring, Free Action, Web, MegaMod