twelff hundo

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#481 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• 1481 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Pairing OnCreation with Continue is generally SOP to avoid mods stepping on each other, like here.

So technically it would be possible to have the two first script blocks using "OnCreation()" and as long as the first one also has "Continue()" both would be executed?

Yes, this works just fine. OnCreation is true on the first script pass, and Continue keeps the script pass open..

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

____

The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#482 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:17 AM

So basically any mod is free to EXTEND_TOP a block that is OnCreation() as long as it ends with a Continue() and any amount of such blocks should work fine? I don't see what's all the fuzz is about then  :huh: 

The Old Gold - v0.1 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#483 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• 912 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

Updated the upload. I only marked the change in the zip file name if that's okay.

#484 CamDawg

CamDawg

• 1481 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

So basically any mod is free to EXTEND_TOP a block that is OnCreation() as long as it ends with a Continue() and any amount of such blocks should work fine? I don't see what's all the fuzz is about then  :huh:

Yes. The issue here specifically is (now was, thanks Almateria!) that Continue was missing in this instance.

More generally, I usually suggest EXTEND_BOTTOM unless you have something that must run before the rest of the script.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#485 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1078 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Thank you Almateria for the very quick update and CamDawg for the info!

#486 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4566 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

More generally, I usually suggest EXTEND_BOTTOM unless you have something that must run before the rest of the script.
Was it, or was it that there's already one that should have priority over this one ? Which not using either EXTEND_TOP and OnCreation() would fix with more ease than this.

For example, you could easily build up a tierd encounter system with OnCreation() and Level(PC) 's. Summon a goblin on levels below a set number(with simple OnCreation condition) and 20 Liches on level 50(with OnCreation and LevelGT(Player1,49)) as the first script tangent, and thus no goblins were summoned.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#487 CamDawg

CamDawg

• 1481 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Was it, or was it that there's already one that should have priority over this one ? Which not using either EXTEND_TOP and OnCreation() would fix with more ease than this.

For example, you could easily build up a tierd encounter system with OnCreation() and Level(PC) 's. Summon a goblin on levels below a set number(with simple OnCreation condition) and 20 Liches on level 50(with OnCreation and LevelGT(Player1,49)) as the first script tangent, and thus no goblins were summoned.

I know, I agreed with you that this could be done. In practice, however, this is not how OC triggers are generally used.

____