• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for the feedback GrimLefourbe!

You are probably right about the attack speed. The main reason I went for low APRs was flavor but whirlwind kind of ruins that anyway and it is probably really way too strong with the current base damage. Though instead of adjusting the attack speed/base damage I might take a look at the HLAs and remove whirlwind in favor of something more fitting. The original vision for the kit was a fighter that is very tanky and hits hard but has an overall damage out put that is far behind that of other fighter kits, that's probably not true anymore for the current version (if it ever was).

As for the resistences; yeah they are probably also too strong, especially versus a single opponent. Before buffing the kit I got absolutely destroyed whenever there were multiple melee enemies around due to the higher AC. I might consider trading the bigger part of the physical resistences for a bit of an AC buff.

As for being able to equip a shield, I think there is a flag that can prevent shield bonuses from being applied while a magical weapon is active, so at least for the EEs that should be fixable.

I'll try to balance the next version with your feedback in mind though I do not yet know when I'll be motivated to work on the next version. :)

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

I downloaded the first posts version(v3.0 ) as I had a question...

ALWAYS
    ACTION_IF (NOT GAME_IS ~soa tob iwd2 pst bg1 totsc iwd how totlm tutu tutu_totsc bgt ca iwd_in_bg2 bg2ee eet iwdee~) THEN BEGIN     // Check if BGEE/SOD
COPY ~BearWalker/files/25STWEAP.2DA~ ~override~                                                               // Add working 25STWEAP.2DA copy from BGII so ADD_KIT command doesn't break
END
END

Why is this here ? And not in the component that installs the kit itself ? Specifically the COPY command especially as it doesn't have an unless filter that can screen for the already existing .2da file ...

The reason to bring it up is that someone might want to update the weidu.exe's, and this might just maybe be ran in that cycle... and lead to a modified game while the intention is to keep everything clean as the ALWAYS blocks are not in the components themselves.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: werebear, ranger, kit, lycanthropy, bear, werewolf