Opposite of the max hp tweak

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Arthandas-

-Arthandas-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hi, is it possible to make (or alter the current max hp tweak) a tweak to get the minimum instead of maximum hp per level for increased challenge?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yep, you just install the current max hp tweak, and then you adjust the files in the override folder to what you like them to be. It's as simple as knowing the file names and (they start with hp**** and end with ***.2da ), and as the .2da files are just text files with different extensions, they can be opened with Notepad or other text editors, the Notepad is in every windows todate, so.

Just so you know, the files are applied to every one according to class and the hpconbon.2da is applied on top of the normal, as to give the constitution bonus.

Edited by The Imp, 06 April 2013 - 01:13 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

I want a CHALLENGE *plays a game where you can die in one place only*

#4 -Arthandas-

-Arthandas-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yep, you just install the current max hp tweak, and then you adjust the files in the override folder to what you like them to be. It's as simple as knowing the file names and (they start with hp**** and end with ***.2da ), and as the .2da files are just text files with different extensions, they can be opened with Notepad or other text editors, the Notepad is in every windows todate, so.

Just so you know, the files are applied to every one according to class and the hpconbon.2da is applied on top of the normal, as to give the constitution bonus.

Thanks for the info. So I basically need to change the first 10 entries in the "rolls" columns in the four .2da files of the "MaxHP" folder? I'm going to set all the rolls to 1 but is it the minimum roll per 2nd D&D rules?

#5 -Arthandas-

-Arthandas-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Sorry for double posting but I need to clarify. I changed the rolls columns and it seems to work for everyone except for TNO. It seems his HP progression is stored in the "MaxHP.tph" but I have no idea what to change.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Sorry for double posting but I need to clarify. I changed the rolls columns and it seems to work for everyone except for TNO. It seems his HP progression is stored in the "MaxHP.tph" but I have no idea what to change.

Erhm, the .tph is the mods own file(as in it programs the response to the actual file ), not the games own, which is in the override folder.
The TNO's HPs are probably different from the table because the character exists already and the tables are only applied after they are changed and you level up a character to the added HPs... so if you have 21000 hps on the character already there is not much adjusting the tables will do, you need to use savegame editor, like the this one.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 -Arthandas-

-Arthandas-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

No, I didn't start the game yet:) I know the .tph file is in the mod's folder but its contents are injected (presumably to torment.exe) during the tweak pack installation. If I edit the .tph and then reinstall the max HP component, it should work. I just don't know what to edit.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

No, I didn't start the game yet:) I know the .tph file is in the mod's folder but its contents are injected (presumably to torment.exe) during the tweak pack installation. If I edit the .tph and then reinstall the max HP component, it should work. I just don't know what to edit.
If I were you, I would remove that(as in quote it out with // at the begin of each line) if I would make any changes, as that's the Torment.exe's hp check which might give you a lot of grief in try to gain the minimum, as you would have the original in there still.

#9 -Arthandas-

-Arthandas-

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Sadly simply commenting each line with // doesn't work. It just randomize TNO hp/lv instead of maxing it.