• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi guyz. Of course I should download the mod and get this info by myself; call me lazy--but don't hate me. :blush:

I'm investigating info to update gMinion.

Based on github page I see that
fl#sklsu.baf
fl#skwsu.baf

are scripts used for summoned skeletons.

Which creatures are these scripts used for?
fl#lowm.baf
fl#lowr.baf

And more specifically, which other aTweaks scripts are used for player-party summons--separated per melee, range and magic-using?
(You can exclude scripts for Fiends.)

And only-slightly-related: does aTweaks have scripting for Tiax's summoned ghast?

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

And more specifically, which other aTweaks scripts are used for player-party summons--separated per melee, range and magic-using?
(You can exclude scripts for Fiends.)

Pretty much all summonable elementals and fey creatures use aTweaks' custom scripts if the relevant components are installed. The main reason is that many abilities are tied directly to the AI scripts i.e. Natural Invisibility, Elemental Concealment, Teleport Without Error etc.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

hmmm... Seems that response provided no information that I can use. Or maybe I'm not understanding your meaning. A subtle way of telling me to dl the mod & do the research myself?; or a failure in communication?

Perhaps a re-structuring of the request-for-info...

In this thread, a player discovered that a(n) aTweaks component had taken over the control of his party-summoned skeletons. Per that thread, the aTweaks scripts FL#SKLSU.BCS and FL#LOWM.BCS were discovered to be assigned to the skeletons.

So, in order to allow gMinion (gM) to once again have control, certain aTweaks scripts need to be added to gM's TP2:

FL#SKLSU.BCS - melee
FL#LOWM.BCS - melee

No changes are needed to be made to aTweaks (I think)--this is not a bug report, just a (gMinion) mod-update issue.

So... which other aTweaks scripts are assigned to party-summoned creatures (examples of such CREs can be found >here< and in the original gM TP2), and which category is the script--melee, ranged or magic-using??

For example, [fl#skwsu.baf - melee] is certainly one. What about [fl#lowr.baf]? Others?

gMinion doesn't allow control of feys (demons?), so these can be excluded.

oh btw, which unique filename does aTweaks drop in the game folder to say 'hey, I'm installed here' (do mods still do this anymore)? Right now, I'm using 'setup-atweaks.tp2', which is totally fine for gM's purposes, but if aT uses something more unique, we can go with that.

oh-oh, let's not forget poor Tiax...

Edited by Azazello, 11 April 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Tiax' ghast should still be using its vanilla (ghasts.bcs) script with aTweaks installed.

fl#lowm and fl#lowr are generic scripts (roughly comparable to WTASIGHT and friends), used by mindless creatures. fl#sklsu and fl#skwsu are the only aTweaks scripts used by player-summonable undead. The non-warrior skeletons have fl#lowm attached as well, but it only comes into play if the skeleton is summoned by an enemy. Skeleton Warriors use fl#sklwm for the same purpose, but you don't need to account for that either.

PnP Undead does not currently use a marker file. I can add one for the next release. Meanwhile, one of the unique game resources could be used. fl#dkfa.spl, say.

Edited by Wisp, 13 April 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#5 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Thanx mates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aTweaks, summons