Posted Image

File Name: White NPC
File Submitter: Lava Del'Vortel
File Submitted: 14 Apr 2013
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

WHITE NPC
for BGT/Tutu/EE

About the mod:

The mod introduces a new joinable character - White, who is also known as White-as-Bones. White is a chaotic neutral human male barbarian, available almost from the very beginning of the game. He is always a 2nd-Level character, so it's advised to recruit him early in game.
White has never been a member of any clan or tribe, he's not that kind of barbarian. Consider him someone who can make use of his rage as if it were a tool. He's also a good hunter, but may get quite furious if someone tries to take his belonging.
The mod includes banters between White and all BioWare NPCs, as well as with BGEE characters - Neera, Rasaad and Dorn. All players may experience some friend talks. What's more, White may start to romance male characters of any race (if the male PC has at least 11 charisma and at least 12 strength.). If you're not interested, just tell him.
The mod includes some PIDs.
You can recruit White near the entrance to the Ulcaster ruins.

Click here to download this file

#2 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's kind of funny and also super awkward how this release coincides with MiLeah's portrait site announcement.

#3 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Congratulations to you, looks like a lot of work! :)

I'll include him on my next play-through.

I hope he doesn't want the party to actually advance into Ulcaster, once you picked him up.

That would be pretty mean to ask from a level 2ish party. (Especially if one has a few tactic mods installed :P... )

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well, you do have to check something in the ruins, but it's just next to the entrance as I knew it may be too much to expect player to investigate the whole ruins :P

#5 -Krypplingz-

-Krypplingz-

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Interesting fellow. 

Had a bit of a problem starting him up because BG:EE refuses to obey me. So I haven't played much with him, but from what I saw he seems to be fun. 

Found a few bugs/interesting bits, nothing major. (Not sure if this is the right place to put them. Sorry if it isn't. And sorry if I sound like a jerk, my Charisma is only 5 :C) 

-Tiny spoilers-

First two are in the quest dialog: 

==V#1WHIB ~But... I didn't know who I was messing with...

I think this is supposed to be ==V#1EN. Unless White was messing with himself, which is always possible.

Second is

CHAIN V#1EN EnemyF001
~Uh... (he still holds the neck, but takes off his knee from thief's crotch)~

and 

CHAIN V#1EN EnemyF002
~You're stealing my part.

Both come out as if the man is saying those lines instead of White. 

The third is a bit odd. Its in the PID, Why are you so pale? 

The comma in the why're you so pale doesn't appear in the game (but it does appear in the dialog file, so maybe my game is possessed.)

Other than that he seems like a fun kind of fellow. I looked through the dialog file and he seems to have alot of banters with the other team members, which is great since Bg1 Npc isn't out yet.

#6 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Thanks :) And yeah, that's the place to report bugs. Will take a look and correct these later today, hopefully.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Ok, I had a minute so fixed the messed lines. Not sure what's wrong with the PID, so I kinda skipped it for now.

Cheers!

#8 -MaeVar-

-MaeVar-

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hey, Lava! I'm here to praise your work. I had great fun playing with White-as-Bones in EE - I literally loved most of the dialogues, Coran's, Xar's and Montaron's banters were hilarious, and no bugs occured (at least yet, I'm on the LT 8 now). The only one strange thing White said was about the mayor of Nashkel - he talked about him as if he was a woman. And I'm not really sure how to get the pool talk - gimme a hint, please:)

#9 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks :) I'm glad you like it. And the pond talk takes place in

Spoiler

And obviously I will take a look at the mayor thing.

Note that the talk isn't really long, but still longer than EE relationships xD You will experience just few more talks, but... anyway, I just hope you'll still like the mod :) 

Cheers!

#10 -MaeVar-

-MaeVar-

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for the spoiler)

Not very long, but still much better, than EE... "relationships"))

Is there any hope to see White in BG2? (in Imoen's voice) ple-e-ease!

#11 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

As for length I think it's more or less like most BGT/Tutu stuff. Well, excluding extra long relationships like Kulyok's Xan :D I'm not sure if I would build something that long and kinda complex, heh.

I'm not planning to bring him back right now. And I'm not sure if you finished the EE game, but there is final talk (in the maze) that can give you a hint why. And even though there is a very small chance, first I need to take care of many other mods I have started: Gahesh NPC, ISNF v3, Foundling, The Purple Splinter... you know. I'm already kinda overwhelmed and I also help with some projects that aren't really mine...

But maybe one day.

Oh and I hope the pond talk fired as it should :)

#12 -MaeVar-

-MaeVar-

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

I haven't finished EE yet, so I don't know what's final talk about. Anyway, I will cherish a hope, even if the chance is tiny.

The pond talk fired just fine - White and Charname were moved to the edge of the pond, and then the talk began. Before your hint I tried to visit the area near the girl and at the bottom of waterfall.

Ah, I also wanted to suggest adding interactions with Baeloth - that would be delightful. And regarding Bhaal's heritage: haven't yet reached the Gorion's letter, but does White comment on this event? And commenting on the main plot events (mines, bandits etc) would definitely be relevant. 

#13 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

I was wondering if I should add interaction with Baeloth, but actually none of the mods do that + I think even EE/BioWare NPC do not talk to him. I think he doesn't have a banter file so the new lines would need to be "linked" to his other dialogue file...

Nope, he does not comment on the letter. I think there are like 2-3 talks that take place "when something happens", but nothing really big.

Maybe I will add a talk or two, but I think I would like to focus on something else, right now. Like a quest mod for BG2 -- I think most people would be happy to see something like that, too.

But yeah, there is a tiny chance I will add something later. Nothing big, though.

#14 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

A new version -- a small and rather insignificant fix of BGEE banters! But still a fix, hehe.

#15 Eva Galana

Eva Galana
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm playing this guy now (TuTu).  Very early in relationship, but I'm adding my voice/vote in hopes to see this rather funny guy in BG2.

#16 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Thank you! :) There are some mods I need to finish first, but maybe one day... :)

Cheers!

#17 -Scorpiova-

-Scorpiova-

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yes please add him to BG2... I have a feeling I will pick this guy over Dorn :)

So it would be nice to see White in BG2.

#18 -Devin-

-Devin-

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

So, I don't know if this is a bug, or if nothing is supposed to happen, but White mentioned wanting to go swimming over at the forest to the west of Nashkel Mines in the lake near the waterfall. I walked all up and down that lake, but he never said anything, and I also tried talking to him and he said nothing. I don't know if he just mentions it to mention it and nothing happens at the waterfall, or if something was supposed to happen and I missed it. Could you please tell me if I missed something?

#19 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

The talk should fire somewhere here:

whi.jpg

#20 -Devin-

-Devin-

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Oh this is extremely helpful! I'll head back and see if I can get the talk to occur this time.