[BG 1 Easy TUTU / BG 2] Help importing final save

BG 1 baldurs Gate Baldurs Gate 2 BG2 Help Import Easy TUTU Final Save Importing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Braldt Ironeye

Braldt Ironeye
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hallo everyone. I think I've come across a bit of a problem, that I can't seem to fix. Would anyone be able to lend a hand?

Here are the details.

I've installed Easy TUTU and some of it's additional mods, including field of the dead, siren's call, and Tales of the Sword Coast. I've subsequently gone everywhere, and done everything, and I just engaged Sarevok and defeated him. Now I'm trying to import my saved game (The Final-Save 000002) from the Easy TUTU game to my true BG 2 installation, but I'm crashing upon loading the save game, so I'm rather stuck.

I have copied the FInal Save from my BG TUTU folder, to BG 2 and placed it where it needs to be correctly, and it does see it in the save listing, but if I attempt to load it, it crashes.

Is there a way I can fix this so I can use the same squad, main character, and equipment that I had with him in BG2?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Braldt

Edit: Also want to point out that I put this request in the forum section I thought was the most appropriate, but I could be wrong. If I am, I apologize.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention earlier; BG 1/2 were both purchased from gog.com during a deal they had going on of 10 D&D style games for 20$. Would that be of any kind of importance? I don't think it's the BG:EE version for example, as it comes with TOTSC, but not the fancy smancy BG 2 graphical engine as I couldn't use anything other then 640x480.before I got Easy TUTU.

Edited by Braldt Ironeye, 30 April 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well, they two games have no compatible saves, or you would in a way have BGT... what you need to do is load the save in BGTutu, and use the "Export" in the character customization options, and save the character somewhere, exit the game, go to game directory and copy the made file to the BG2 directory, begin a new BG2 game and import the character. And no, any customization to your squad is removed. ... next time the BGT-weidu is far better option to install. But the Shadowkeeper is a good way to go too(if you don't mind the fact that you could cheat a lots.

Edited by The Imp, 30 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Braldt Ironeye

Braldt Ironeye
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hrm, I'm not sure what your referring to with regards to BGT-Weidu. I've heard Shadowkeeper is a save editor, which is fine if necessary.

Overall, let me recap your message so I'm clear on this.

If I used BGT-Weidu, I could import the save from BG1 to BG2, yes? Since i didn't, I need to import only the character file, correct?

As for the customization of the characters, I'm not TOO concerned with that, if what your talking about is making, say Jahiera a non specialized caster. I didn't change any of that, so I'm not too concerned with that.

What I am concerned with is being able to keep the equipment and supplies I acquired over time, including the bag of holding I found, and the supplies I keep in it.

If I load down my character with everyone's equipment just after Sarevok's death, and export the character, will the exported character load in correctly in BG2, and will the bag of holding work, allowing me access to its contents?

Edited by Braldt Ironeye, 30 April 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

If I used BGT-Weidu, I could import the save from BG1 to BG2, yes?
Well, you don't have to as you just talk to a specific character and the BG1 game continues to the BG2's start in the same game.

But of the items, the EasyTutu won't allow you to keep any of the stuff ... and neither does the BGT, as the story goes how it goes...
But in BGT, you can actually cheat with the console and go to different areas and get your stuff from there... and in that the bags work, in Tutu they won't as the exported character will loose their bags and their content.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Braldt Ironeye

Braldt Ironeye
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Aye, I've been able to import my character, and that worked great. I did have to uninstall and reinstall BG2 because it would crash if I attempted to examine some items (such as katanas and such), but beyond that it works great. Since the game did continue fairly fluently from the ending of BG1, I'm not too worried about keeping my gear anymore. I've progressed a smidge into the game, and I understand what happened now...more or less.

My question though now is, how can I tweak my game experience like I did with Balder's gate 1?

Example: Being able to scribe spells to my spell-book, larger quiver stacks, potion stacks, and the like, and perhaps the ability to rest anywhere (within reason).
After tweaking my experience in BG1 with TUTU, I don't want to end up like I did before and having some glitches.
Can you recommend anything that will help The Imp?

Thanks in advance.

-Braldt

Edited by Braldt Ironeye, 01 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

My question though now is, how can I tweak my game experience like I did with Balder's gate 1?

Well, pretty much with all the same mods you actually did the Tutu run... yeah, the EasyTutu has it's own mods a bit... but here's the complete list of mods for BG2. But first go and make sure you install the (G3)BG2 Fixpack.

And remember that after you have installed a mod or all of them, you need to start a new game to be able to be 100% sure they are actually in effect, and there won't be cliches because you started the game and then installed the mod(you probably know all this by now after the EasyTutu).

I prefer not to give recommendations, but the requested features are quite well covered in the BG2 Tweak packs mod, also found in the Gibberlings 3 site.

Edited by The Imp, 01 May 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#7 Braldt Ironeye

Braldt Ironeye
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hrm, looking through the mod listings and the information on the Fixpack, I'm impressed by the options that become available. Thanks for that. I am not seeing a modification that allows larger stacks of arrows and such however. Is there such a mod that accomplishes this? Thanks. -Braldt

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

You must have missed the mentioning of the BG2 Tweak packs.

#9 Braldt Ironeye

Braldt Ironeye
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Aaaah! I see what you mean now. I used this tweak before with the BG1 TUTU, but I completely spaced on the fact that it can be used for BG2 as well. Thank you again. Man I feel dumb..... -Braldt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BG 1, baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, BG2, Help, Import, Easy TUTU, Final Save, Importing