game crashes when entering smithy brundor in arlax

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -bgfan-

-bgfan-

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

i just finished the eye of god quest and i have to say that.......WOW !! what a FIGHT.!!! ..kangaxx looks like lil bunny compared to  this one but man i really really enyojed that battle.  took me almost 6 hours to beat the crap out of him. so glad its done ;D

and overall i want to say  that i really enjoyed every part of the mod , great maps , great dialogs , quests , battles , storyline, and great challenges.  thousand thanks for this great work and effort.

so now to my lil problem:

now i want to to visit the smith in arlax again to see if he can forge some items ( like crystall sword maybe ? ) again but when i enter his house the game just crashes down. Oh and when i walk thru arlax every few seconds the screeen goes black (ui stays) and comes back. that weird thing exists very long but i always ignored it because it seemed that i coast no problems. 

can anybody help with this ?

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

i just finished the eye of god quest and i have to say that.......WOW !! what a FIGHT.!!! ..kangaxx looks like lil bunny compared to  this one but man i really really enyojed that battle.  took me almost 6 hours to beat the crap out of him. so glad its done ;D

and overall i want to say  that i really enjoyed every part of the mod , great maps , great dialogs , quests , battles , storyline, and great challenges.  thousand thanks for this great work and effort.

so now to my lil problem:

now i want to to visit the smith in arlax again to see if he can forge some items ( like crystall sword maybe ? ) again but when i enter his house the game just crashes down. Oh and when i walk thru arlax every few seconds the screeen goes black (ui stays) and comes back. that weird thing exists very long but i always ignored it because it seemed that i coast no problems. 

can anybody help with this ?

That Brundor's Smithy CTD is known bug and sadly there aren't any fix for it as far as i know. Mod maintainer Hoppy is gone for long time now.

CTD happens after Pip leaves from Brundor's Smithy so you have to do Brundor's item enhancements before you start Eye of the God quest.

That backout (same thing happens at Brundor's Smithy) at Arlax happens because Pip is "smithing" outside in Arlax. Talk to Pip and finish Eye of the God quest. Then Pip leaves and no more backouts at Arlax.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3 -bgfan-

-bgfan-

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

daaamn so it seems like i am doomed ?

well at least pip made me some terrific armor. u were right with the blackout , after the forging the blackout stopped.

so maybe i can forge the items by myself via clua commanding ?

do u eventually know where i can find the folder for that items ?

or maybe somebody got up a list for theese items anywhere ?

i really want to find out whats up with bengars helm and that sword

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

daaamn so it seems like i am doomed ?

well at least pip made me some terrific armor. u were right with the blackout , after the forging the blackout stopped.

so maybe i can forge the items by myself via clua commanding ?

do u eventually know where i can find the folder for that items ?

or maybe somebody got up a list for theese items anywhere ?

i really want to find out whats up with bengars helm and that sword

Hopely you made pip do all the gem-items before doing that God's Eye Full Plate Mail +5.

Here are clua codes for Brundor's items:

Spoiler

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#5 -bgfan-

-bgfan-

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

thx man u really helped me out with this