Possible problem and question

Porthepentyrch and Gov. West

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Wunder-

-Wunder-

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Fantastic mod.  One of the BEST I have played so far.

Using 'fft23'

I am unable to see any lit torches at night in Porthepentyrch.  No townspeople show up - no vampire child to talk to.  I am able to enter the lighthouse, retrieve the key, and proceed from there.  Am I missing anything to continue the storyline or did I screw up somewhere along the way?

Question re: Gov. West ... Does it matter in what order you do the Angharad, Gakalial, or Benoch quests?

Thank You 

#2 -tizmeagain-

-tizmeagain-

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hey, I feel like a doorknob.  For all of you that are running around Porthpentyrch like a fart in a windstorm looking for lit torches and some town folk in the local tavern, you must first complete the Angharad Firehair and Garaliel Gellorath quests (found in Gov. West) so he can break the curse ... makes sence ... I'm just a tad bit slow.

I found that you must speak with Angharad first, accept her quest; then speak to Gellorath until he asks you to return to him after retrieving the orb, then complete his quests. I have yet to find Benoch and have been to the thieves guild 12 times, even up by Aran Lanvils office and cannot find him. I will try once again...maybe wait for another clue.     :clap:

#3 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Damn but sometimes I'm slow - sorry. Bengoch is not in the Thieves Guild - you're looking for Someone Else™  there. Bengoch will only appear once you have completed a part of the quest that affects him badly; prior to that he's not interested in you. He does appear in Athkatla. You can do the active quests in any order; there's two distinct plotlines in FFT and you only have to complete one to lift the curse. The other is optional.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Y-

#4 -tizmeagain-

-tizmeagain-

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Not half as slow as I am.  :lol2:  I usually write down names and who they are associated with.  Next to 'The young Wizard' I have written Lt. Mare Bengoch - docks with thieves.  Not correct?  Sorry I don't know how to do 'spoiler alert'.

After Monday comes Tuesday then :WTF:

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

Maredudd Bengoch - yes.

-Y-