BP 181 bugs?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Spoiler

Had above mentioned parse errors with Horred's Lair component. From looking at those, does Horred's Lair require the drow and beholder components?

Spoiler

With Improved Sendai. bpthfsht.baf is not located in baf/re-baf/core/ but in baf/shouts and there in NoStrings and Strings.

UPDATE: Probably affects all shouts in that component, as I had the next error with creshout.baf.

Moreover, it also seems to require the drow component.

Improved Illasera: zilarc01.cre has a typo. It should be gphealer.bcs, as gpheal doesn't exist.

Random encounters: bpbounty.bcs isn't present, if not installed previously (reband01+02.cre). The same goes for wbasight.bcs (bpdrufg1+2.cre).

bar0041.baf: line 44-80 creates 2x tanwiz02, but has GiveItemCreate(), MoveViewObject() and DisplayStringHead() for tanwiz03.

amnleg1.cre never had a script name one has to be assigned by BP.

Same goes for behdir01.cre.

Who is this Zyntris (Mage14c)? He's seems to have quite the Terminator attitude, if one considers how often he's killed, just to ambush you again at the next corner :D

Same as above goes for Zorl (pries8a).

bar0042.baf, bar0043 and bar0044.baf: consider using vampim01.cre instead of vampm01.cre. The latter has Ulvaryl (female chateau Irenicus vampire) as his tooltip name.

Dunno if it's the unfortunate interplay of installing bp ds (new), questpack ds (old) and then scs ds(new) or some bug in bp, but scs threw out a read out of bounds on cddetect.spl.

If it's the former I will drop a note over in the bwp thread.

10th

Edited by 10th, 19 May 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Wish I had this detailed caliber of reports weeks back--why didn't you volunteer as a tester?

Had above mentioned parse errors with Horred's Lair component. From looking at those, does Horred's Lair require the drow and beholder components?

Fixed. It requires demon and thief, but no longer drow nor beholder (except spectator suggestion spell) thanks to a brand new bpundead script.

With Improved Sendai. bpthfsht.baf is not located in baf/re-baf/core/ but in baf/shouts and there in NoStrings and Strings.

UPDATE: Probably affects all shouts in that component, as I had the next error with creshout.baf.

Moreover, it also seems to require the drow component.

Improved Illasera: zilarc01.cre has a typo. It should be gphealer.bcs, as gpheal doesn't exist.

Drow and thief reqired; fixed. Also, it was BPGPHEAL not GPHEALER

Random encounters: bpbounty.bcs isn't present, if not installed previously (reband01+02.cre). The same goes for wbasight.bcs (bpdrufg1+2.cre).

bar0041.baf: line 44-80 creates 2x tanwiz02, but has GiveItemCreate(), MoveViewObject() and DisplayStringHead() for tanwiz03.

Fixed. Tanner error was in a few scripts. Not sure if that was bioware or jacky-o's mod--I was just a messenger/combiner for this component.

amnleg1.cre never had a script name one has to be assigned by BP.

Same goes for behdir01.cre.

BP changes on generic creatures like these are handled in bp generic creatures component

Who is this Zyntris (Mage14c)? He's seems to have quite the Terminator attitude, if one considers how often he's killed, just to ambush you again at the next corner :D

Same as above goes for Zorl (pries8a).

And several others. Bioware generic spellcaster default files. All are handled in generic mages/priests component; among other things this is what the component is there for. Install this and see the names change.

bar0042.baf, bar0043 and bar0044.baf: consider using vampim01.cre instead of vampm01.cre. The latter has Ulvaryl (female chateau Irenicus vampire) as his tooltip name.

Done. It wasn't the name that sold me, but neutral EA  setting

Dunno if it's the unfortunate interplay of installing bp ds (new), questpack ds (old) and then scs ds(new) or some bug in bp, but scs threw out a read out of bounds on cddetect.spl.

If it's the former I will drop a note over in the bwp thread.

Definitely something to report in BWP forums. I'll handle errors that BP makes, but not BP+xxx amount of mods unless BP is a blatant culprit of some wrongdoing.

Thanks for the detailed reporting; I'll wait to see if more bugs come in, or if some translations make it down the pipeline, before posting the next beta.

#3 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Wish I had this detailed caliber of reports weeks back--why didn't you volunteer as a tester?

I was only sporadically active in the various forums, played some other games, the usual.

By the way, as I was just installing SCS II v21, I noticed that DavidW dynamically generates his "Your items will be taken from you list" for Spellhold, maybe you could borrow the code? At least according to BP's readme the Improved Spellhold list is static.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#4 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

By the way, as I was just installing SCS II v21, I noticed that DavidW dynamically generates his "Your items will be taken from you list" for Spellhold, maybe you could borrow the code? At least according to BP's readme the Improved Spellhold list is static.

Same code it's had for years. Had this suggested to me in the workroom, just never got to it. I remind, I never intended major component nor AI revision this time around, just the seperation into more components was my scope. But I suppose this is a reasonable enough request, considering the consequences and the age of BP. Maybe I'll look into it.

I also added a new subcomponent to vampires--Generic Vampires only.  Not a perfect collection, but seperates it from the bodhi quests if you choose another mod for those. Random encounter types, sometimes included in other groups as filler.

[Note to BWP crew--DESIGNATED 1090]

[Note to Translators - 10233 = ~Generic Vampires Only~]

#5 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Something went wrong with entangle spell in my install. Before Big Picture, file is changed only with Spell Revisions. In attachment are "spl" before and after Big Picture.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Mad Mate, 02 August 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#6 -Sebastien-

-Sebastien-

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hello, jut installed Baldur's Gate SoA, then the newest BigPicture, and started a new game. First problem: Ilyich the duergar just won't die. stays as "agonizing" for ever and kills my party one by one.

#7 -Sebastien-

-Sebastien-

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Debug code Ctrl+Y won't function either.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Debug code Ctrl+Y won't function either.

That's not a debug code... it's a cheat key combo that you need to enable... with the Console.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 -Sebastien-

-Sebastien-

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

I meant that Ctr+Y is applying massive amounts of damage as it should, but Iliych is just not dying

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

SPOILER: Illych isn't supposed to die on floor 1. There is supposed to be a cutscene triggering that sends him to the next floor w/ the other Duergar, but using Reduction and escaping through a small 'mouse hole'. This was tested several times by several people before releasing, including me--and found to be working fine. That's not to say it is perfect or flawless, just that it was successfully tested. Are you running just BP and BG2:SoA, or with other mods as well? In particular, one of the mods that alters difficulty in Jonny's Dungeon? For some reason the cutscene isn't triggering, and that suggests a script either isn't working properly or was overwritten by something else.

#11 -Sebastien-

-Sebastien-

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

I have Big Picture and Check the Bodies.

It seems to me that something else got wrong, because all enemies keep shouting (in float text on the main screen) names of random NPCs.

And it's not so much of a spoiler; I played this long ago and I remember the cutscene triggering correctly.

#12 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Something went wrong with entangle spell in my install. Before Big Picture, file is changed only with Spell Revisions. In attachment are "spl" before and after Big Picture.
Thanks!
Thanks!
BP only does one (2) thing to the entangle spell. It adds the Detectable Spells entries to be able to detect the area of entanglement and give npc/pc's a chance to react to it. In order for them to have a focal point, it creates an invisible creature at the center of the cloud. I know for a fact this installs perfectly with BG2, as I just now installed BP on top and checked the file.

Spell Revisions might do something entirely different to the spell. I didn't take it into account when building BP, and I'm not sure if GeN1e took it into account when making the latest Detectable Spells ot not. Note that Entangle nad other 'cloud' spells are BP additions, so it will have to be solved on this end if so. If you find an issue with any other spell besides a cloud-type, it would be DS that needs to look at it.

I'll take a look at it when I can. First I have a BPSeries update to handle, and also a TDD-Linux installer promised, w/ my modding time. Offhand guess is that some flag needs to be set in the DS "chart" if/when dealing w/ SR mod. I'm surprised if another mod hasn't done this work already. If it has, we can copy/paste that code to BP and call it a day. :)

#13 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

It seems to me that something else got wrong, because all enemies keep shouting (in float text on the main screen) names of random NPCs.

Something definitely went wrong in the install. The NPC's should be talking, but definitely not shouting random names. It should be more relevant stuff like "I'm poisoned, help me!" or "damn barb slinger, meet my sword!" before the enemy charges your archer.

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

Something definitely went wrong in the install. The NPC's should be talking, but definitely not shouting random names. It should be more relevant stuff like "I'm poisoned, help me!" or "damn barb slinger, meet my sword!" before the enemy charges your archer.

I bet the failure is at the start of the game... as in, one needs to start a new game not load an old save after installing a mod or several... this is the best explanation for the random name shouting etc.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#15 -Sebastien-

-Sebastien-

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

It was a new game, since I reinstalled SoA and ToB just before

#16 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

The "invisible creature" created in the center of cloud-type spells is targetable by party AI, which leads to very weird behaviour (they attack air). It also prevents from moving around, and AI doesn't handle it nicely for example, spiders won't enter their own webs, but run away from trapped characters within them.

NPCs sometimes trigger random protections even  if they are neutral, which looks odd.

#17 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

The "invisible creature" created in the center of cloud-type spells is targetable by party AI, which leads to very weird behaviour (they attack air). It also prevents from moving around, and AI doesn't handle it nicely for example, spiders won't enter their own webs, but run away from trapped characters within them.

NPCs sometimes trigger random protections even  if they are neutral, which looks odd.

Just --change-log one of the spells .spl  files and find out which mod alters it the wrong way as you paste the ...00001-xx .spl files correctly renamed to the override folder and replace the existing one if there's one.

#18 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'll have to check the spider's default AI to be sure if BP is/isn't causing the spider's run-away activity--this much is quite possible. The invisible creatures themselves were tested as properly not targetable in both BGEE and BGT tests, for both BPSeries and for BP itself. I even added EA checks for their very unique identifiers in my targetting blocks, to make sure party members and enemies did not attack nor consider them viable. TheImp may be right, in that other mods are buggering this up. Unless this happened in a vanilla ToB/BGT/BGEE game w/ just BP/BPSeries installed?

#19 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Only BP on BGT install. The invisible creature created seems very "big", it blocks movement. If AI is left on "standard attack" (I don't use BP scripts), party members target it like it was an enemy. Perhaps you could make it "sanctuaried" or something. I also didn't use "Generic enhancements" if it's of any help. (I simply find those scripts quite annoying - enemies always run to anyone hitting them with a ranged weapon/spell).

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Perhaps you could make it "sanctuaried" or something.

The general idea in making an totally invisible creature that helps to do other things is to use a standard creature made just for this, there's several of them used in a few of my mods, I believe I got mine from Mike1072 at G3.
Most if not all the creatures abilities come from a special ring it has equipped(totally out of my memory, I don't have the game installed so can't check for sure):

Attached File  invicre.cre   1.5K   538 downloads