Photo

[DONE] Male drow, sick bastard, major quest char. 18 lines.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

15 June 2013: Done, with huge thanks to Lava! :)

Hello! I'm looking for someone who's all right with voicing Really Bad Guys. Not just Loghain-bad or Sarevok-bad. Someone like Walder Frey, Rendon Howe, Bellatrix Lestrange and Carrow twins.

In this case, it's a guy(male voice, preferably low and gruff). Remember "The good surfacer is a dead surfacer!"? Yep, this is it. Imagine a Baldur's Gate 2 adventure set in the depths of Menzoberranzan. You meet a drow captain, the Matron Mother's trusted advisor, and, naturally, a sick bastard who raided the surface, killed, raped, tortured and, well... let's say he's not exactly Solaufein.

He is a major quest-giver in the first part of the quest. Then he tries to betray and assassinate CHARNAME, but (guess what?) get killed.

It's 18 lines, and I would like to have them in .wav format. As long as there's no significant background noise, it's fine.

If you'd like to try, please take a look at the lines below.

I would like you to voice the first three lines and send the link to me via private message(or send them to me via my e-mail, which is kulyok(of course!), at yandex.ru). If you don't mind voicing the entire set of lines right away, please do, I'm all for it. 

I'll be happy to provide you with the dialogue file/alpha version(for context), too - just post in this thread or PM me.

~Surfacers walking free in Menzoberranzan, Bregan D'aerthe employing a Child of Bhaal... Never happened in my time. Truly Jarlaxle has lost his mind.~ [O#LLCAP1] // ('BRE-gan DERT, jar-'LAXLE)
~How old are you? Barely past your Blooding, and I'm supposed to trust you with the House's safety? Feh. Well, then, a simple task to prove your worth.~ [O#LLCAP2]
~A championship between the House's best male fighters just ended. Yet the men are still restless. These are our best fighters, and the House needs them ready.~ [O#LLCAP3]

~Go to the east platform. Find out what their problem is and calm them down.~ [O#LLCAP4]
~Do not approach me if you have nothing to report.~ [O#LLCAP5]
~Better than I hoped. Hmph. Here is your payment, sellsword.~ [O#LLCAP6]
~You are a bumbling, incompetent idiot. But since you killed six of our best fighters, you are not completely useless.~ [O#LLCAP7]
~There are spies from the rival house all over the place. Thankfully, Bregan D'aerthe assisted us in placing a double agent in their midst.~ [O#LLCAP8]
~They communicate through colors. The current one is red. Your task is simple: kill each and every drow who wears anything red on the streets today. Now.~ [O#LLCAP9]
~And do not bother entering the tavern or the lust chambers. The spies are too wary of becoming trapped.~ [O#LLCAP10]
~Back already? Well?~ [O#LLCAP11]
~Good! Now that you've proven your worth, I have something for you.~  [O#LLCAP12]
~Not here. Too many ears listening. Follow me. Alone.~ [O#LLCAP13]
~So. We are alone, you and I. Good.~ [O#LLCAP14]
~Long before you were born, my feet tramped the surface. Blood danced in my veins - that surface raid was my first and the very best. And then I saw her. A surface woman, even younger than you.~ [O#LLCAP15]
~You are good at what you do, Bhaalspawn. In fact, you are too good.~ [O#LLCAP16]
~I see what you are up to: you've completed both my tasks with barely any effort, and you're hungry for the Matron Mother's favor. In other words, you're competition.~ [O#LLCAP17]
~Do I need to say it any plainer? You're dead meat.~ [O#LLCAP18]

This probably's been said more than a few times, but I'd like to say this once again: my huge thanks to the maintainers of this forum. Because of you I've got lots of great suggestions for the first part of my dialogue file, and I can just feel my mod becoming this much better. Thank you!

Edited by Kulyok, 14 June 2013 - 08:53 PM.