idea for a mod

baldurs gate toee

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Silver Dawn

Silver Dawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

well i was playing TOEE and i always thought it was kind of a update of baldurs gate and was thinking if it would be possible  to make a game mod that basically lets you play baldurs gate on toees engine, like what you guys did with baldurs gate 1? it it even possible?

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Temple of Elemental Evil runs on a completely separate engine from the Baldur's Gate games. What you're asking for is basically completely recreating the Baldur's Gate games in another game - theoretically possible, but extremely unlikely.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

It would involve an amazing amount of work, but something similar has been done before; I know that there are fan made Baldur's Gate conversions for both NWN2 and Dragon Age. It's absolutely possible, it all just boils down to how much effort one wants to put into it.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well, and some of the map art(read pieces) has already been used in BG2 mod, the Classic Adventure, hosted in our very site.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Silver Dawn

Silver Dawn
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

i know it would take a massive amount of work, and if i knew how to mod at all id be working on it. i just thought it'd be a great idea

Edited by Silver Dawn, 16 June 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baldurs, gate toee