Non-New Items/Portraits for Shadow Thief Improvements

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before...or maybe it has been. :)

Has it ever been considered to have the "new items and portraits" part of the Shadow Thief Improvements component to be split into another? In particular, the Dagger of Acumen (Mage Dagger +3?), Plaguebearer, and perhaps the Rod of Golem Control, as well as the various portraits assigned to Shadow Thief characters? Maybe Longtooth, too, but that's a BG1 item IIRC, which is a little different. It is, of course, extremely easy to disable the relevant bits in the .tp2, (or split them off into another component yourself), but nonetheless. :) Actually, if I didn't know how to do it myself, I wouldn't use the component at all...hence why I'm bringing it up. I do you appreciate that it was made easy to do, however...as it could've easily been made not to be.

I find the portraits a bit jarring, and I'm not a big fan of new items. Not to mention Booter already has a unique dagger, and Aran probably doesn't need his, either. I'm a little confused as to why the two items aren't in the additional items component to begin with, actually...

(edit)

// Give Booter And Aran the new daggers (only needed if the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" component is not installed)

Hmm.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 17 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Some people enjoy certain aspects of a mod, others not so much.

While it is technically possible to make nearly all the content optional, in the end, the author decides what the mod should look like according to his own vision. RR is pretty much finished in my view.

#3 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

Fair enough. Thought it should be brought up, nonetheless - but of course, it's certainly your decision. Thanks for everything you've done, on this, aTweaks, and everything else!  :)

Edited by Bartimaeus, 24 June 2013 - 07:13 AM.