• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

gog.png

GOG.com has begun its 2013 Summer Sale. Over 500 games have been discounted by 50%, and daily specials can have their prices slashed by as much as 85%. The sale runs until July 5 2013, 12:59:59 GMT.

Edit: Thread name changed

Edited by Archmage Silver, 26 November 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I ended up buying the Witcher 2 EE, Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, and Soulbringer. I just can't stop myself. :P

#3 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Totally forgot to post about this!  I already bought Torchlight way back when, I'd gotten a free copy with Torchlight 2, but I got this too.  I mean, it's free, and it's DRM free.  :)

I'll be refraining from clicking the checkout button, though, as I'm trying to prioritize and update my rig first.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#4 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Dozens of >70% discount offers today.

Retired from modding.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Nothing for me in today's specials - checking back tomorrow.

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Builder's Boon Bundle -70% is still good for just over an hour. I haven't spotted anything interesting since day 2 though...

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

v1NfZ00.png

#8 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

In case you missed it:

There's a big 2014 Fall Sale going on right now at GOG.com. You can grab all the old IE games, as well as NWN, TOEE, Jade Empire and System Shock 2 (among others) at discount prices. They also give away Mount & Blade for free to everyone, but I dunno this one.

Oh, and btw, they've finally got KOTOR on there as well, but its Sale is already over. Now wait for KOTOR2.

EDIT: I just noticed that you can also get the Witcher 2 for free if you collect 7 stamps (visit GOG.com every 12 hours or so and click the stamp button on the front page)

Edited by Tash, 12 November 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#9 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

And after you buy the games, you'll always be able to download them from the site, even in a year, correct?

#10 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

And after you buy the games, you'll always be able to download them from the site, even in a year, correct?

The weird part of my CyberPunk-influenced mind detects a minimum amount of sarcasm in your reply. Is there some controversy surrounding GOG.com these days? I wouldn't know; I tend to miss the memo.

All I know is that you can get these two games for free (Witcher 2 some extra marketing on their side, but still), download them, there's no copy protection so you can install wherever and whenever you want. Same with the games you buy; download and burn onto a DVD if you worry that they go bankrupt. I wouldn't worry about that, though.

I mean, have you heard anything about them going down? I'll have to start downloading stuff...

#11 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

Thank you for your reply! (I officially don't have a sense of humor: you can check in my mods). I guess I have to go and discuss whether we should buy the BG/IWD bundle - might not be a bad idea.

#12 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

Heh, and nobody ever likes me because I always think I've said something wrong and overanalyze the heck out of it :lol2:.

I think, at the very least, there's no excuse not to get the Witcher 2 for a little hassle. I always wanted to get Jade Empire, and for a few hours it was at -80%. The D&D bundle will be up for only an hour. But I think afterwards these games will be at -50%, just like Jade Empire. I'm sure there will be more interesting offers, and if I can get some of these games for like less than 4 EU, I'm gonna support the website.

#13 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:19 AM

Yeah, I'm waiting for the second stamp to show up. :) And my friend bought the games for me in the last hour, so that's a really nice thing. Let us know if/when KOTOR 2 is up! :)

#14 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

Thank you very much for drawing my attention to this! BTW: The movie "the gamers" is told to be very funny (in a good sense), so I am looking foreward to both Witcher 2 and the movie.

#15 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

If you haven't got/played Jade Empire then get it. Jade Empire II is the sequel that Bioware employees regret they were never able to make, which says a lot. I really enjoyed the game multiple times (different class each time); the scenery is gorgeous and, of course, very different. It's a relatively standard D&D storyline but so well packaged that you don't actually notice.

[Edit] Mods!!! http://www.nexusmods.com/jadeempire/? I did some reskinning once but I seem to have lost them :blush:

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 15 November 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#16 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

Mods!!! http://www.nexusmods.com/jadeempire/? I did some reskinning once but I seem to have lost them :blush:
That's a link, but it doesn't have the definite mod you need to use in JE. It's the only mod you really need.
I really enjoyed the game multiple times (different class each time);
Erhm, what ? The only difference between their looks is their start skill ... the skills were purchasable and there's no class system at all. You might be confusing things with something else.
Ouh, and you know the skills had a various timers and responses to them, which actually made the game quite much like the SWKotOR, as it uses the very same engine, and not a fighting game at all. Well, now if only you could show up the different variations of the attacks just like in KotOR... :devil: ... in the interface. But nope.

Edited by The Imp, 15 November 2014 - 06:42 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#17 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Did you like the game, overall, Imp?

I bought Jade Empire for like 2,30 EU. I've only just finished setting it all up and troubleshooting the standard ATI incompatibility issues. This will be my first time playing this, but I already know who's caught most of my attention. I'm gonna be this, well, I've forgot the name... Radiant Thighs Liu, orrr something like that :shifty:. And there's no weasling out of this one: I have to choose Bruce Lee kick-style. That's the only martial language I understand  ^_^   *rubs her nose with a tip of a thumb*

Oh, another thing. Let me preface this by saying that all the GOG games I purchased work flawlessly, the installers are bloat-free and run just fine. All but KOTOR. See, it's their recent release, so the new version of the setup program hiccups on some kind of an error and I can't install the game. Don't worry, it's just my hardware (old ATI card) or my Windows XP that is simply not compatibile with it as of yet. Everyone else should be fine -_-.

So, after a few days of your run-of-the-mill troubleshooting guides from a Tech Sup guy, he's offered me a refund/replacement. That's very cool, actually. What with the non-DRM policy, you'd assume that refunds are out of the question. In other words, they trust their customers. And I appreciate that. I've removed any traces of the game from my HD -- I haven't yet been twisted by this corrupt society! They play the ball, I play the ball ;).

I can most definitely vouch for these guys. Remain calm; other than KOTOR, everything else works on my legacy system and I've never had any issues modding the IE games or the like.

Edited by Tash, 15 November 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

Did you like the game, overall, Imp?
Yes, very much, the story is excellent.
Fortunately this wiki has no specific spoilers about the plot of the game at least on the Main Character page, so take a look if you want see the "choices".
PS, you have to lick your thump not rub your nose with the thumb, you know, for reasons lost to me...

Edited by The Imp, 18 November 2014 - 05:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#19 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

Bundle of Heroes of Might & Magic I to V is -75% for 10 more hours.

HoMM3 alone is worth that.  8)

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#20 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

D&D games(IWD, IWD2, NWN, NWN2, BG1, BG2) are on sale at -80%, four more hours. Same for Heroes - -75%. :)