Photo

[Solved] BGT Install Error

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aryn

Aryn
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

I am installing on OSX 10.8 using Wineskin. I have another install running, but I screwed up on Mod order somewhere and armor descriptions are screwed and a lot of the armor can't be equipped. Anyhow, I decided to reinstall and follow the Big World install order to be safe. Trying to install BGT I get an error. Attached is the debug file.

Attached Files

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

[bgt/bash.debug] loaded, 59 bytes

Unix-like OS detected. Logging of shell commands enabled.

Copied [bgt/bash.debug] to [bgt/bash.debug] (NO BACKUP MADE!)

FAILURE:
Required binaries missing for your architecture. Please put tis2bg2, tisunpack and mosunpack into your system path and install again with system-path argument.

Stopping installation because of error

You should know what to do based on the above.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 cdietschrun

cdietschrun
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

[bgt/bash.debug] loaded, 59 bytes

Unix-like OS detected. Logging of shell commands enabled.

Copied [bgt/bash.debug] to [bgt/bash.debug] (NO BACKUP MADE!)

FAILURE:
Required binaries missing for your architecture. Please put tis2bg2, tisunpack and mosunpack into your system path and install again with system-path argument.

Stopping installation because of error

You should know what to do based on the above.

This kind of reply KILLS me. Can you explain what to do? I've tried SO many different things. I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.x and I've set my path to include a directory with all the tools, no luck. I've tried setting --system-path everywhere I can imagine, the weidu executable does not seem to recognize the argument. I've put the tools in every directory I can imagine inside bgt/install/* and nothing seems to fix this damn error for me.

#4 cdietschrun

cdietschrun
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

I wonder if it is this error killing me:

"dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/cdietsch/Games/baldurs_gate_the_original_saga/WeiDUMac2/bin/x86-64/tisunpack

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5

christotschsmbp:~ cdietsch$ mosunpack 

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/cdietsch/Games/baldurs_gate_the_original_saga/WeiDUMac2/bin/x86-64/mosunpack

Reason: image not found

Trace/BPT trap: 5"

Is this new to anyone else? What should I do?

#5 cdietschrun

cdietschrun
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well, so I don't end up like others and say "Well, I fixed it!" and nothing else, this fixed my issue with the mosunpack and tisunpack, haven't even tried to finish BGT install yet.

Libjpeg is required for getting jpeg support on Mac in Python Imaging Library. To get it and install, do

Manual#
$ curl -O http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v8c.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf jpegsrc.v8c.tar.gz
$ cd jpeg-8c/
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

#6 cdietschrun

cdietschrun
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Still broken for me. I have the executables in my path, I can run tis2bg2, mosunpack and tisunpack and they all run fine, but the running of BGT setup still fails with the same error as OP! What am I missing?

#7 cdietschrun

cdietschrun
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Good god. Well, what I figured out was the the OS was "osx" and the arch was "amd64". So I put all the apps I needed inside bgt/install/osx/amd64 and I'm at least at "Enter the directory to your BG1 blah blah...wow, painful.

#8 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:40 AM

Well, so I don't end up like others and say "Well, I fixed it!" and nothing else, this fixed my issue with the mosunpack and tisunpack, haven't even tried to finish BGT install yet.

Libjpeg is required for getting jpeg support on Mac in Python Imaging Library. To get it and install, do

Manual#
$ curl -O http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v8c.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf jpegsrc.v8c.tar.gz
$ cd jpeg-8c/
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

Wish I didn't have to be a thread necromancer, but I'm having the same problem with mosunpack as the OP. I've manually downloaded the jpeg-8C folder, but I'm missing the usr/local/include folder mentioned in the link. Tried to create it, but apparently lacked permission to do so. I'm at the limit of my exceedingly small knowledge of unix and am hoping that somebody can write the code to allow me to create the necessary folder and copy the jpeg folder from my Downloads folder into it. Thanks in advance!

#9 skellytz

skellytz
  • Staff
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

Try the unstable developer version with 64-bit support. MOSunpack and TISunpack are no longer used during the installation.

#10 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:23 PM

OK, thanks. I'm finishing the installation of a new game with mainly SCS, Item Revisions, atweaks, Rogue Rebalancing, klatu and EET_Tweaks still to go. All them decisions will take at least a couple of hours to work through, but I'll let y'all know if it works for me.

#11 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

Umm, I'm doing an EET installation. How would BGT help me with the world map mod?

#12 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:12 AM

Umm, I'm doing an EET installation. How would BGT help me with the world map mod?

It doesn't.

You are mixing terms here, to fix the worldmap from multiple mod conflicts, you need to install the Worldmap mod, it's sometimes refered to as the BP-BGT Worldmap mod, but it's NOT PART of the BGT... it's it's very own modification. The names comes from multiple things, one of which is it's origin, which you don't need to go into while playing EET.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.