• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Some queries about the install.bat now :P

- Why is the Volcano mod skipped if SCS is present?

- What is component #3322 of Stratagems? :P (Line 1713)

- Line 1747 seems to have a garbled call 'scsstratagems II'

EDIT: Why BWP why? :crying:

Why does line 1700 skip the entire stratagems installation block IF STRATAGEMS IS ALREADY PRESENT? :crying:

Edited by Lollorian, 17 August 2013 - 11:00 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#82 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

The current v12 is not intended for stratagems because with this Installpack the installation will fail. I am just working on a new BWP v13 release and I managed to install Stratagems v24 with a modified install.bat without any error. But it is still not ready yet.

Why is the Volcano mod skipped if SCS is present?

With this mod installed stratagems' Initialise component cannot be installed for some reason. I always get the error:

ERROR: cannot convert macro_spell or %macro_spell% to an integer
ERROR: [stratagems_external/workspace/scroll_map.txt] -> [stratagems_external/wo
rkspace] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

#83 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Ah ok :P

I never follow orders (and happened to already have an install happening when I saw your reply) so actually managed to install the latest SCSv24 (although on a minimal install... not a full expert :D)

I had a few niggles though... I'm using the 23110 WeiDU as well because 23107 always gave me some kind of stack error (once when the install reached Thalantyr and the next at BGSpawn... was random I guess)

I'll report this to DavidW in the SCS forums so I'm attaching SCS' debug here (cause G3 don't allow me attachments :P)

EDIT: Why does the BWP not install 1PP component #114 (Softer Spell Effects)?

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 18 August 2013 - 10:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#84 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

"3D support has to be enabled for this component to work properly - if you run your game with software rendering mode, it is not recommended to install this."
It's just the matter that I don't know how to check this. Also I don't know how far it is compatible or not with Lost Crossroads Spell Pack and SpellRevisions.

#85 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

"3D support has to be enabled for this component to work properly - if you run your game with software rendering mode, it is not recommended to install this."
It's just the matter that I don't know how to check this. Also I don't know how far it is compatible or not with Lost Crossroads Spell Pack and SpellRevisions.

Erhm, it's pretty likely that every one is using the 3D todays, as it actually removes the black squares from the game that come from the default settings (the same settings work for nearly all the ATI cards too)... checking for the 3D, ---well, can actually be done via overwriting the part in the baldur.ini file just like the movies etc part...

There's only one exception that I have seen that the ATI cards differ from the NVidia's what comes to problems.... and it's this problem&solution I saw a while ago.

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#86 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Also, I guess you could check the baldur.ini :)

There should be a 3D Acceleration=1 under [Program Options] if 3D is enabled.

#87 phlaphee

phlaphee
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Erhm, it's pretty likely that every one is using the 3D todays, as it actually removes the black squares from the game that come from the default settings (the same settings work for nearly all the ATI cards too)... checking for the 3D, ---well, can actually be done via overwriting the part in the baldur.ini file just like the movies etc part...

There's only one exception that I have seen that the ATI cards differ from the NVidia's what comes to problems.... and it's this problem&solution I saw a while ago.

Well, yeah, I guess everyone SHOULD use 3D Acceleration nowadays... but for a while, I used to install the game on an Acer 10" NetBook, and for some reason the game would only work properly without 3D acceleration... I don't have this issue on my current laptop, but I'm just pointing out that there may be people who don't use 3D acceleration even nowadays.

#88 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well, yeah, I guess everyone SHOULD use 3D Acceleration nowadays... but for a while, I used to install the game on an Acer 10" NetBook, and for some reason the game would only work properly without 3D acceleration... I don't have this issue on my current laptop, but I'm just pointing out that there may be people who don't use 3D acceleration even nowadays.

Erhm, are you sure it wasn't a problem with DDraw ? There's a fix for it.

Edited by The Imp, 19 August 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#89 -Wlerin-

-Wlerin-

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

No, they shouldn't. I get a massive performance reduction when turning on 3D acceleration.

#90 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

No, they shouldn't. I get a massive performance reduction when turning on 3D acceleration.

Did you try the above fix for the DDraw ?

#91 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Notes for the cleanup.bat:

- MOD_DIRS_3 needs some spaces between tp and TheUndying AND TutuGUI and TxtMusic

- Should probably skip .ini and .lua files as well

- Mods that rename folders are totally destroyed because the TP2 BACKUP string still points tothe old folder name (BWL Items, NSC Portraits, b!tweak etc)

Edited by Lollorian, 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#92 Wlerin

Wlerin
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Did you try the above fix for the DDraw ?
I'm using the GOG version.
Actually sounds like something disabled the ToBex INI or something (maybe cleanup.bat gobbled it up? :lol:)

If you don't have a ToBEx_ini folder in your BGII, extract it from the attachment :P Also make sure you have Asmjit.dll and ToBex.dll as well.
Thank you so much for this ini folder. I have no idea what happened, as the game ran fine last night (after running cleanup) but this morning it ctd'd with the ChSound.cpp error. Seems to be working now.

Edited by Wlerin, 20 August 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#93 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

There's an incompatibility between NSC Portraits and the Sarah NPC mod

- NSC portraits overwrites SARAHS.BMP (Sarah's small portrait) for a random Tales of Anegh NPC called Sarah :lol: Fixing this needs some renamed files and changed lines... but too lazy for all that just for a proper pic :P

Also, it would be nice if NSC portraits uses their own prefix or something for all the images it adds to prevent things like this from happening.

@Wlerin: :cheers:

@Everyone else thinking of using the cleanup.bat: Y U ALL CLEANUP????

If you can spare the space, don't :P (ateast until the next version of the cleanup.bat is out)

#94 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

I would like to report some incompatibilities between mods in my current BWP v12.1.1 playthrough. I'm very slow player (1or2 maps per day,week) so I'll report it as I go:
-2 Svlasts in Firewine Bridge area, 1 aded by Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack, other by NTotSC
-2 Pilars in Friendly Arm Inn (NTotSC's outside, Jarl's inside), also by 2 above mentioned mods (I, personally, liked better both Jarl versions, but that is just IMHO)
-THEONEDRIZZT messes with The BG1 NPC Project Dynaheir quest (had to CLUAConsole "real" Drizzt)
-Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack adds second peaceful solution to Seniya dialog, so if you choose Jarl's version, you loose whole Jaheira BG1 NPC Project quest

That is, so far, all. Stay tuned for next year. :-)

Attached Files

#95 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

I had a few niggles though... I'm using the 23110 WeiDU as well because 23107 always gave me some kind of stack error (once when the install reached Thalantyr and the next at BGSpawn... was random I guess)

where i can find  the 23110 WeiDU, i cannot find by google.  

#96 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

where i can find  the 23110 WeiDU, i cannot find by google.  

The latest Archives. v231.11

#97 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Don't use either 23110 or 23111 unless you can edit some TP2's to install properly :unsure:

#98 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

@The Imp

@Lollorian

thank you very much

#99 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying a BWP install using all the latest links at http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php and I'm finding that at least three fairly importtant mods which I've definitely downloaded and placed in my BG2 folder are listed as "not found": Sword Coast Strategems 1 and 2, and Big Picture. Any ideas what's causing this?

#100 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying a BWP install using all the latest links at http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php and I'm finding that at least three fairly importtant mods which I've definitely downloaded and placed in my BG2 folder are listed as "not found": Sword Coast Strategems 1 and 2, and Big Picture. Any ideas what's causing this?

They have been updated... you might wish to use the latest BWS, as it's been worked on, and not the BWInstall.bat ...