Photo

Version 0.53 - Install issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stormshadow

Stormshadow
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

Installed Version 0.53 and patch 0.53a last night. But I can't start the game. I have the vanilla game(SoA, ToB and patch) saved in a "BG2 CA" folder. I then downloaded and installed version 0.53 plus the 0.53a patch into the same folder. Below is the Weidu Log. After installing, when try to start the game, using the Baldur's Gate Icon, it goes straight to the SoA/Tob load screen. No CA.When I try to start the game using BGMain I get a little Window with a "-1" in it, nothing else but a button to clik that says ok. When I click it I receive the below error message. Help??? What am I doing wrong? Did I screw something up in the install? It seemed rather straight forward....

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.53
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Banter Accelerator
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #3 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #5 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #6 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #7 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install 1PP's Flaming Sword animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install the Ion Stone animations pack
~SETUP-CA053A.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod patch, version 0.53a

Error Message - "An Assertion Field in ChDimm.cpp at the line number 834"

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

(You had better uninstall both mods,) the open up the baldur.ini and set the [Alias] -section correctly so they point to the current install folder, as I suspect that you copied it and the path has been changed as the BGMain.exe can't start it...  and then start the game and make sure it actually starts correctly and then install the mods again.

The first pracket-ed & underlined responce is if the later responce doesn't work by itself.

Edited by The Imp, 11 July 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Stormshadow

Stormshadow
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yes, it was copied from my original folder. Changed the Alias lines over to "BG2 CA folder" and it is starting right up. Thanks Tyrion. :coolthumb:

I changed it w/out uninstalling the mods. What is the risk of not uninstalling mods before changing the Alias? Am I asking for bug-city?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

I changed it w/out uninstalling the mods. What is the risk of not uninstalling mods before changing the Alias? Am I asking for bug-city?

Erhm I have no idea... although it shouldn't be that bad as the mod is a total nearly overwrite everything kind of a mod which doesn't realy lie on the foundings of the old game, and if the install process went without a ... hmm, actually it would be easier to say and even speculate this if you would upload the setup-classic053.debug file's content, your best option is to either upload the file as a .zip/.rar/.7z archive to this forum or to mediafire -like_uploading -site, or open the file with Notepad and copy paste the whole gigantic text as a post.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.