• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

As some of you may now, the Steam Summer Sale went live last Thursday.  With major price slashes, daily and flash deals, you're bound to find something that can catch your fancy.

What about you guys, did you buy anything yet?  How bad is the damage so far?  :D

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#2 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Yep, the steam sale would have to happen when the Aus. dollar drops below the Us, darn it. :)  Resisted a lot of stuff and mainly went for things that my husband and I had been interested in, possibly, getting at some stage like XCOM Enemy Unknown and Counter-Strike (complete package).  Also got two other games mainly because they were cheap, Hitman Absolution and Just Cause 2. 

I'm waiting for Dishonored and Deus Ex Human Revolution to drop even more in price before thinking about picking them up and that's about it at this stage.

Edited by KIrving, 14 July 2013 - 09:37 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#3 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Haven't gotten anything yet, I've played most of the stuff I want.

Who knows what the future holds though :), plus I'm spending most of my time on the Neverwinter MMO

Edited by Pain Elemental, 14 July 2013 - 11:31 PM.

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

I purchased the Walking Dead (1-5) and GTA IV Complete Edition.

#5 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

I snagged Metro Last Light for 40 percent off (I doubt it will get lower then that during the sale) and also bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition (Played it on my ps3 back in the day which is why I am now just getting it).

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

I bought Reus, Tomb Raider for 10$ on Amazon and Metro: Last Light for 0,01$ on Best Buy, and got gifted Ys Origins and Bioshock Infinite. I also bought a bunch of FNVs and Bad Rats to gift other people

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I sniffed at Dishonoured and then changed my mind. Nothing so far this time.

-Y-

#8 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

I sniffed at Dishonoured and then changed my mind. Nothing so far this time.

-Y-

It's a good game, dude.

Buy Sleeping Dogs and Alan Wake if for some reasons you don't have them. SD is the most fun GTA-like ever released, and Alan Wake is just fantastic and also 2€.

#9 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Remember to get games on daily or flash deals, that's when prices'll be lowest.  Barring that, I doubt games like Dishonored will dip lower (not until the next big sale six months from now, at least).  And remember the flowchart... ;)

original.png

AMS, I really liked Walking Dead, it was one of my serious contenders for 2012 GOTY, hope you enjoy it.  I recently got the DLC which was very solid as well.  The first episode is a bit clunky with too many QTEs, but it gets a lot better from there.  A lot better...

Edited by Eleima, 16 July 2013 - 09:27 PM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#10 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

VzwlwON.gif

And Gunpoint. Everything else is terrible. Tropico 4 is fun but don't bother if you have 3.

#11 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Yo get xcom for 10$ today okay thanks bye

#12 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yo get xcom for 10$ today okay thanks bye

Not until they bundle all present and future DLC.

#13 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

There's a single piece of awful DLC that costs 111 cents!

Anyway, as it turned out, Euro Truck Simulator is a perfect game to chill with. Just set up a list of podcasts, I don't know if I can talk about weed here, and drive around in simulated Europe.

#14 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

I still haven't played Dark Souls even though I got it back in January...  *Sigh* The pile...  The PILE!!

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#15 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Play it, it's my favorite game ever! :) Just be sure to install the DSFix, and play with a controller/install mousefix

#16 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

BGEE is -75% on Steam again.

Retired from modding.

#17 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

BGEE is -75% on Steam again.

something something wasted money.
 Okay, Day #whatever overview:

Skyrim Legendary Edition, 36$/24€

It's worth it if you don't have Skyrim already, but otherwise I don't know. The DLCs are pretty lame, the Falskaar mod easily outclasses them.

Train Simulator 2013, 8.6€/11$

Probably everyone has it back from when TS 2012 went for 3$ and then it upgraded to 2013. You can buy it

If you like trains

I guess

For hilarity, check out the DLC list. Each and every one has been put on a different sale according to their sperg value, it's hilarious. You can buy them all for only 1250$!

BGEE, 5€/3€/5$

Come on.

Metro Last Light, 30€/40$

I grabbed it for ine cent and still have to play it, but Metro 2033 was an incredible game and if it's as good then we might as well have a new GOTY.

Awesomenauts, 3,40€

It's a 2D Dota, which is about as good as it sounds. Pass.

Civ 5, 10€

It's actually 7.50, but don't buy it without the Gold Upgrade. I can't stress it enough. Gods and Kings fixed all the shortcomings of the original.

Grid 2, 24€

I don't know, haha. I only play Burnout. Word on the street is, don't play Rally Mode.

Eve Online, 5€

This is literally Excel the MMO. Don't buy unless you have crippling autism and/or are planning to join the goonswarm.

Monaco, 5.45€

Monaco is mad fun, but every role is useless because the mole can destroy everything on his path. Also it's the kind of the game that will be in a Humble Bundle. Buy if you haven't bought Gunpoint before.

Trials Evolution, 10€

It's the arcadest racer. Score points, tilt forward or backwards, the game takes care of you, just be concerned with scoring mad tricks

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

Snapped up Dragonborn for Skyrim at -50% today. I thought about waiting for a -75% discount, but it seemed too unlikely to happen this time.

AMS, I really liked Walking Dead, it was one of my serious contenders for 2012 GOTY, hope you enjoy it.  I recently got the DLC which was very solid as well.  The first episode is a bit clunky with too many QTEs, but it gets a lot better from there.  A lot better...

From everything I've heard, it should be the kind of game I like. I'm not in town right now, but I'll log some time in it once I get back to my desktop.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 20 July 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#19 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not on a computer, so I'll post short. Don't buy Worms Reloaded, Omerta or Starforge. Sonic All Stars Transformed is the best Mario Kart game buy it right now. Snatch Zeno Clash 2 now or wait until it's a daily deal. Also Saints Row 3 with all DLC is an incredible value for your money, but I found it worse than SR2.

#20 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Interestingly enough, I loved SR3.  Lots of fun, a great price value.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: steam, summer sale, sale, summer, steam sale, steam summer sale