Photo

Bug report: Transfer to BG2 (BGT)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 egbert

egbert
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm replaying BGT with Isra and Valerie in my team.
Installed are Valerie, Isra, and Isra BG2. (All mods are actual.)

My final team: Isra, Khalid, Jaheira, Valerie, Imoen
After the transfer Isra and Valerie are group members from the very beginning. (They don't need to join!) They are "naked" in the room beneath Jaheira's cage.
This doesn't seem right now. Retries showed similar results if only Valerie or Isra are in the final team.

But it would be a good idea to transfer Isra and Valerie to BG2 by default in BGT if finally joined. It would make sense, too: Both characters belong to Amn and have to report to their organisations. They would like the magical transfer by Belt because of speed and comfort... 8-)
In others cases it would be fine to meet them again (or first time) in BG2 (as is).

(I will place the same Bug Report for Isra.)

Thanks for very good companions!

Edited by egbert, 16 July 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

After the transfer Isra and Valerie are group members from the very beginning. (They don't need to join!) They are "naked" in the room beneath Jaheira's cage.
This doesn't seem right now.

Well what do you mean this doesn't seem right? You and your whole team were knocked out and robbed by thieves and then given as prisoners to Irenicus ... What in that story line says that Valerie or Isra should not be without items doesn't make sense ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

I believe it's the fact that they're in the dungeon at all. They've taken different story paths at the end of BG1, and should be in a different place at the beginning of BG2.

#4 egbert

egbert
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

This doesn't seem right now.

Well what do you mean this doesn't seem right? You and your whole team were knocked out and robbed by thieves and then given as prisoners to Irenicus ... What in that story line says that Valerie or Isra should not be without items doesn't make sense ?

Wrong point. They shouldn't be there at all.

Maybe she should leave when entering the Duchal Palace after Saravok's death.
Or - better - following her story she should leave after Saravok's Death (leaving the Labyrinth) to report to the wizards. 8-)

Edited by egbert, 17 July 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

The mod probably doesn't add anything in the way of BGT transition for the NPCs, in which case the default BGT behaviour is to treat them like multiplayer characters (keep them in the party).

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Sorry for being so slow to respond!

Valerie, at present, does not have BG2 content. I'd say she's 40-50% completed. I moved and started a new job a few weeks ago, and have been dealing with additional computer issues for the past week or so. My time available for modding has diminished sharply as a result and the lovetalk up next to work on is a bitch and a half.

The plan for BG2, which Valerie will bring up when you meet her, is that as soon as you returned to the surface the Cowled Wizards pulled her aside for a lengthy debriefing about the events of BG1. By the time that was over with, Charname had already vanished.

I don't know anything about BGT transitions for mod NPCs, unfortunately - this is the first time I've heard about mod NPCs getting transitioned to BG2 with BGT.

Edited by Tempest, 20 July 2013 - 06:53 AM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#7 PutridWalker

PutridWalker
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

The mod probably doesn't add anything in the way of BGT transition for the NPCs, in which case the default BGT behaviour is to treat them like multiplayer characters (keep them in the party).

Is there any way to change this default behaviour in BGT without a reinstall?

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Two problems and suggested solutions for Valerie v1.1 in BGT

1. The way she is created in Nashkel blocks the chapter3 intro movie and transition

Proposed change

Spoiler

2. To get her from the party upon BG2 transition

Add this code to ARAM00.BCS (EXTEND_BOTTOM ~aram00.bcs)

Spoiler

If you plan to let her appear in SoA create her BG2 version as you like.

I have used and tested both codes when I took her through BG1 and they work, I also applied it to Isra who has a similar BGT issue.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*