• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Do you two work together? Because if not, it may be a good idea to ask if it's fine with him to use his work... 

As for the actual question, well... maybe the dimensions were different before images were uploaded? If no, well, they could be like 10-15% bigger. 30% may be too much :)

#22 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yup, Gwendolyne kindly offered to help me test the visuals since I don't know how to do wallgroups just yet.

Bizzare! What I did when determining scale was grab a sprite from Infinity Explorer, something along the lines of "hmf..something" (human female), such as that sprite's walking animation. Then I'd base that sprite on the rendered area for scaling.

This is Baldur's Gate II right? I recall BGI had bigger sprites maybe? (I always used Tutu). Worse case scenario, I'd just have to re-render and re-scale. Still helpful to figure this out before I go off and make more areas. :)

Edited by Corby, 27 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#23 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

@Lava : everything was dealt by MP. As I am working on new maps and I saw Corby had a problem with wallgroups, I offered to show him how to draw them from his raw bmp files.

The problem seems to be the scale : in-game, the render seems smaller than the pictures displayed here.

@Corby : I send you by MP the 5 five areas created from your files so that you can see what I am talking about.

Edited by Gwendolyne, 21 December 2013 - 11:18 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#24 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

I agree, it'd look better resized.

EDIT: Just realized that you're not working on the same mod(the one with the names of the ships), you were helping Corby. 

Edited by Kulyok, 27 July 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#25 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Corby - what kind of mod you're considering? Uhm... maybe don't show your all hand, yet. Keep some cards out of the sight! Curiosity can do mod some good  :)

Good idea, I was just planning on showing the village, then going a bit more secret. :) As for what kind of Mod? I'd love to do a region of Faerun that hasn't been done before.

A bit more roomy now:

mayoragain.png

Also, thanks Gwendolyne, it was great seeing those areas in-game! :)

#26 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Looks better !

What percent did you use ?

When you are OK with the size, send me the WE0001 map : there are a lot of wallgroups to draw (all the beams). So you will be able to reproduce the process with the other areas.

Moreover, you will be able to copy-paste them from one area to another with DLTCEP ! ;)

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#27 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks again! Looks perfect now in-game.

What percent did you use ?

10% worked out best. After that, there was problems with furniture and such being too large.

there are a lot of wallgroups to draw (all the beams). So you will be able to reproduce the process with the other areas.

Moreover, you will be able to copy-paste them from one area to another with DLTCEP;)

That'll be great for a template, thanks! Also, the containers are useful as well. :) Now, I just need to make the giant area that connects everything. :)

#28 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

The architecture suggests somewhere up in the Spine of the World. Luskan, perhaps?

-Y-

#29 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

The architecture suggests somewhere up in the Spine of the World. Luskan, perhaps?

The latitude is right. Too far West. :)

The Tavern/Inn:

tavern.png

Edited by Corby, 01 August 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#30 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Silverymoon?

The taveryn is lovely, by the way, very home-ish. Though I'd agree with Mike that wooden flors in the woodcutter's cabin look better(to me). But the eating space has a very cosy look.

#31 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

Looks great! Even though I love wooden floors, I think the one in the main room of the inn is interesting and...you know, it's nice to see something new. I think most IWD house areas used wooden floors and it's easier to get fed up with them, after a while. 

#32 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

I like those floorboards too. These one's have a similar "rustic" texture too.

Silverymoon?

Very close! A bit more to the West.

#33 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

That leaves Nesme, Longsaddle, or perhaps Settlestone?

20130801174152.jpg?token_hash=AAGforq3fI

20130801174411.jpg?token_hash=AAFUQ2Yxpv

Edited by Sam., 01 August 2013 - 02:55 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#34 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

That leaves Nesme, Longsaddle, or perhaps Settlestone?

A bit more East now. (Might need a region specific map, since it's a village)

#35 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hmmm. The FR Atlas gives me way too many choices at this point. Any further clues?

-Y-

#36 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Let's see... West of Silverymoon, but East of Nesme.

#37 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

It would make sense for a village to be where the rivers Rauvin and Surbrin meet? :)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#38 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Rivermoot ?

http://fc05.devianta...y_Markustay.jpg

« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#39 Corby

Corby
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

So close Choo Choo and Sanctifer. More to the East. I have about 2 days of work left on the exterior, so you'll be able to see it soon. :)

#40 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

It must be Winter's Edge. :)