Photo

wedding ceremony-cutscene bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 valky

valky
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

While it might seem, that I love to spam that very sub-forum I encountered a nasty bug, which prevented me from advancing further into ToB, without editing your scripts.

Anyway, after you beat Don Jon in the 2nd phase, your wake-up script is executed in the temple. After doing the 2nd fight like more than 8times and hereby editing/changing things each times, I was rendered mind-fucked (honestly, sorry this time for using swearing thingies).

Guess, your scripts are more linked than I actually thought. Yet, in 4 tries without changing a thing, I oddly had -i think -  4 different outcomes while calling up the cutscene itself:

1st: (some Party member died - Keldorn)

Cutscene is triggered with Kyo standing..dialog stuff..kyo goes to sleep/wakes up/Kyo goes like 2-3 steps and went into sleep mode and is being teleported back to the starting location of this very cutscene :> -> cutscene doesn't end

2nd: (Kova died...darn that stupid OP slayer killing thingie in SCS^^)

Cutscene triggered with Kyo sleeping..dialog stuff..standing up/going sleep mode -> cutscene doesn't end

3rd: wicked...cause PC died exactly in that very moment some1 did the Don Jon finishing blow, still it was a win-win situation ^^

Cutscene...dialog..kyo standing..dialog...she walked this time like ~20 feets or that long the wait(2) was scripted [that's where I started to change that value as well or thereafter after trying different weird things] -> cutscene doesn't end

4th: everyone survived *hooray* !!!!

THat is, where things started to get very weird :o

-> Ellesime cutscene started (the basic one from the game)...ToB area loaded - > Kyo scene triggered; I honestly can't remember if she was awake or asleep anymore, still the cutscene was in an endless mode

ANd cause I tried to fix it for myself after going thru aaaaall your cross-whatever-linked files, I couldn't find the cause of it. (that pissed me off slightly, cause according your scripting I missed out a ton of awesome cutscenes!). I finally redid the Don Jon battle with the SLEEP_AWAKE or whatever condition removed from one script, just to advance to ToB and edited the files to being properly married to get the ring.

If you can get me some very insight what has to be changed, I'd so damn appreciate it; cause I saved the final-fight files and I soooooooooooooo want to see the whole wedding ceremony stuff/wedding night and so on.

Maybe, even to skip this awake-kyo sequence and go straight to the follow-up part ^^

I really do hope, this time I wasn't that offensive in my posting as I did the last time and am still very sorry for it. Yet, the mighty edit with some minor complains :) though any complains usually are more welcome than sweet honey smeared around your mouth, or so the Miss' said. [I guess there exist a proper phrase or expression to that in English, but since am not a native speaker it was just translated literally but you should get my point]

As mentioned, it's a shame, that after the serious troubles I had (again..lvl 30 wizards and god-like assassins ffs! *lol*), while going thru your mod, that I can't enjoy the marriage thingie :(

<-sad panda

Just for the sake of whatsoever: THIS posting was not meant to offend anyone/body..or it wasn't my very intention in doing so to begin with. Dont really mind the *erm* *erm* nope..I won't talk bout it...

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Just as a note, I'm looking at this and will revert once I can decipher the meaning :)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

You may want to try looking at one of the links in my Signature, it is Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods.

From there you can download the UberWeapon (please be careful with it, it can easily splat your own characters, especially when your UberWeapon wielder is dominated) and pass the Final Fight hopefully with less problems.

Meantime, just to check - did you get a conversation between Kova & Kiyone when they appear in Hell? Are they having a romantic relationship or just professional? If just professional, they won't get married. Still, since you're getting Kiyone's cutscene, I assume that you're on track.

Anyway, the actual progression is this, since you're a Modder, and you probably don't want to cheat with UberWeapon.

The Game jumps to Ellesime's Area after you beat Irenicus (I think was AR2812, might be wrong).

There's two ways to go about this

a) You can create an Auto-Save instruction after Irenicus' death Cutscene. This is probably SaveGame(0), but I could be wrong.

It can be risky if you do not have another Save Game before you plop the last Gem in the Door (I assume you do).

b) Before you plop the last Gem in the Door, Save your Game (I assume you already do).

Select your whole Party and use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR2812")

That should get the "Cutscene" going consistently.

==================

If you want to track my Scripts, look under AR2812.BAF, there is a file there that is appended to AR2812.BAF, and jumps to the various Cutscenes.

All in all, there are 4 Major Cutscenes. I am quoting from memory btw, not looking at the BTL files.

Z#2803 in the cutscene where Kiyone awakes and stubbornly heads out of the Temple

Z#2800 where Kiyone meets Kova outside, in Suldanessellar. They have another conversation there.

Then there's a Dialogue appended in Ellesime's conversation (you should be able to find it in Z#KOVA.D ), where after Ellesime has wrapped up Irenicus' case, Kiyone informs everyone that she & Kova will be married and invites you to the Wedding Ceremony. If you don't want to go, you all jump to ToB. If you do want to view it, you go to the next cutscene.

Z#2812 where they are married. There is a dialogue here that you can opt to peek at them after that.

The Last area I really can't remember, I think it is Z#2811. But anyway, if you get so far, and it hangs, just don't peek the next time.

Then ToB should load fine.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 valky

valky
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

as mentioned in the other thread, I'll either try to skip/replace it in the current game or give it a try in a clean BG2 installation somehow. (once I have more spare time, as I wasted already quite a bit and cheating ain't an option and I'd rather replay it again 10-20times if I get it working somehow)

The other trigger/globals are all fine and the proposal in hell was also triggered. Compared several variable checks with either your files and several comments, and all were properly set and done (including witness/Dayven after prison-break)

My guess is the original tactics version, which really messed up tons of trigger/cutscenes and SCS overhauled that version only. SInce I managed to get the Ellesime's conversation after beating Irenicus only once after like 12~ tries and only with all party member alive, but it still went into an endless-loop after Kyone awakened.