1 reply to this topic

#1 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Posted by:  Sam.

Date posted:  02 August 2013

Help offered:  Convert or update your mod's readme to SHS's HTML readme format.

Details:  If HTML isn't your thing, I am willing to make (or update) an HTML readme for your Spellhold Studios-hosted mod.  I will be using an improved version of the standardized readme template from The Readme Project. The "improved" version I will be using has been modified to pass formal validation from W3C Markup Validation Service and CSE HTML Validator, to use the SHS favicon, and the code has been cleaned up a bit.  The template (and the readmes for my personal mods and tools) can be found on my Index of /Mirror for Readmes.  There is a backup mirror located here.

I will make an HTML readme for any mod or tool found at Spellhold Studios, whether it has full hosting at SHS or is a mini-mod and falls into the Miscellaneous Released Mods category.  You must, however, provide me with all necessary/relevant information!  Chances are, I haven't played your mod and don't know the first thing about it.  If you already have a readme in some other format (.txt, .doc, .pdf, etc), that will be a great start.  If your mod's readme already conforms to The Readme Project's template and you just need it updated, I'm happy to do that too.  Feel free to contact me in this forum, or send me a PM or email.

If your mod has full hosting at Spellhold Studios (not a Misc Released Mod), then you can submit your HTML readme to an Administrator or perhaps the Staff member who moderates your mod's forum, and if the system is working ATM it can be added to readme.spellholdstudios.net.  Additionally, I am happy to host your readme myself, regardless of the size and scope of your mod/tool.

Unless I indicate otherwise, this offer has no expiration date.

Edited by Sam., 03 October 2016 - 05:02 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#2 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

As of today (October 3, 2016), Dropbox is discontinuing rendering of HTML content.  For that reason, my readmes are now hosted on Github, with a backup mirror located at readme.classicadventuresmod.com.  Links in OP have been updated.

This offer still has no expiration date :) .

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage