Crashing at Suldanessellar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Zodiac_Sheep-

-Zodiac_Sheep-

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

So, I downloaded Baldur's Gate II a week and a half ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Unfortunately, there have been some problems; occasional random crashing (nothing that's been horrible or game breaking, but annoying) and, more disastrously, the inability to load some areas.

I solved one problem by never going to the Order of the Radiant Heart temple in the temple district, but now the game is refusing to load Suldanessellar. It crashes every time I talk to Elhan after having killed Bodhi, specifically when I finish the conversation and I reach the loading screen, where it then crashes.

I have some mods installed (G3 Tweak and Fixpack, The Viconia ending from the Edwin romance pack, flirt pack, banter pack, and I think that's it.) I have used Shadowkeeper, but not for anything heavy duty (messing with my PC's stats instead of rerolling, giving myself a few items out of convenience, changing Minsc's class from Ranger to Barbarian, but again nothing heavy duty).

I'm running it on Windows 7, but just changed the compatibility so that it has XP selected and for it to run as administrator because some people said it helps. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing. I can't find anything else to do, so I'm now asking directly. I'm not very experienced with computers, but I think I've done a pretty fair job of trying to puzzle out the problem, so I don't think it's necessarily incompetence on my end (though I could be wrong!).

If I have to use Shadowkeeper/something else to skip the area/chapter/whatever, that would be acceptable. I'd like that to be Plan B, but really I just want to finish the game and move on to the expansion.

Anyway, I would appreciate the help.

#2 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

http://www.shsforums...suldanessellar/

As said there, try copying the area2800.bif file from the CD. Otherwise someone could upload their non corrupted file.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#3 -Zodiac Sheep-

-Zodiac Sheep-

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I got the game from GOG.com, so I don't have a CD to work with. I've looked for AR2800.bif on the internet, but to the best of my knowledge there aren't any. I put the (unRAR'd) file from the topic you linked me to into the file where the map data was (I have no clue if it would help or not, I'm just trying everything at this point) and it didn't hurt/help. I do have AREA2800.bif in there, by the way, but obviously it's corrupt in some way.

Anyway, if it's not too much to ask, I would really appreciate if you could upload the AREA2800.bif for me(the file in the topic is expired). If you can't or don't want to for whatever reason, could I at least get some advice for how to go about finding it? I'm thinking that I might have to see if I can use Shadowkeeper and console codes to skip the area, but 1) I'll probably screw it up and 2) I really don't want to do that if I can possibly avoid it.

Regardless, thanks a lot for the help.

#4 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

There you go : http://www.mediafire...39/AREA2800.bif

Hope it fixes your issue.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#5 -Zodiac Sheep-

-Zodiac Sheep-

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Everything is in working condition again, thanks!